+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mdps, dex or int while leveling?

Soulwalker

Default mdps, dex or int while leveling?

This is my first char, running a shaman druid, I've read some threads saying sp > crit etc...

I'm just wondering as I level up, should I be grabbing leather dex items or mail int/wis items?

Any advice would be appreciated!

RIFT Guide Writer

Use chain, stack crit.

RIFT Fan Site Operator jpoplive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Archai View Post
    This is my first char, running a shaman druid, I've read some threads saying sp > crit etc...

I'm just wondering as I level up, should I be grabbing leather dex items or mail int/wis items?

Alway have Chain gear. You will get all the SP you need from gear. You can use the Dex buff or scrolls but that is it.

If you are going shaman here are some rules of thumb I use.
    - Gear Int > Wis. The reason is because the gear you get will have all Wis you need on it and the loss in Wis (SP) is not that big that Int will not pass it it. The Int will allow you hit much higher Crat rates which overall will lead to more DPS.
    - Always choose Chain armor.
    -Two-headers > Totem +1Hander as your abilities are weapon+spell/+phy. This means you need weapons that do more weapon DPS.
    -Rune for Focus>Spell Crit>SP>Int>Wis

I know people are going to try and tell you you need to stack Wis because of how SP is converted [Cleric base SP=(75%WIS)+(25%INT)] but trust me the Crit Rate increase outweighs the small base DPS you gain from Wis..
    Last edited by jpoplive; 04-24-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by jpoplive View Post

I know people are going to try and tell you you need to stack Wis because of how SP is converted [Cleric base SP=(75%WIS)+(25%INT)] but trust me the Crit Rate increase outweighs the small base DPS you gain from Wis..
    This is especially true for the shaman, as one of their best skills, Rage of the North, causes all attacks to crit for 7 seconds so the higher the crit damage the more damage you will do. Although you won't get that skill until at least 31, so until then I don't know what would be best.
    Last edited by Fiddlesoup; 04-24-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Rift Disciple

Actually by your logic you'd want more spell power then because if you're already guaranteed crits then more crit does nothing while more sp/ap makes your crits hit harder.

However lust for blood makes your next attack after a crit do more damage, which is why you want the crit.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Archai View Post

To answer your question, int is better than dex because while spell power gets converted to attack power, there is no conversion the other way around. By taking dex over int, you gimp all the spells you'll be casting, e.g. jolt and heals. Furthermore int increases your mana pool so you get more mana back when you crit or use one of your regen abilities.

+ Reply to Thread