+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any Cabalist Solo PvE Builds?

Question Any Cabalist Solo PvE Builds?

I really like the story behind the cabalist(my thing) my question is I have searched and searched but really nothing points me to where I can spec my cab as main soul and then list some alt souls in the other 2 trees to use to help solo pve from start to end game...course I will group and raid etc but due to time constraints alot of the time I find my self soloing.

I play a chorlo/ele and I can easily handle 5-8 mobs my lvl or 2 above with no problems.(well thats at lvl 27) So any good builds you could link me too would be appreciated..any vet cabs out there any info on starting out and getting some lvls up I wanna be cab now not swap soul out later and that be my main spec..,..hopefully I was specific enough.

Thanks in advance.

Ascendant

Cabalist is just pretty terrible in general.

i find at level 30 inq/just is way better for PVE AOE in all aspects. But i do use Cab for my warfront build if im not healing. Cab is pretty amazing in early warfronts with a decent group

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...tAkbo.Vuzo.Vxz

Heres my favorite cabalist build for both pvp and pve. The beauty here is that you have really really good dmg from the cabalist build but all the dmg that you do youll be healing yourself and your whole group for a portion of the dmg. This works realyl well because in dungeons most pulls are 3 mobs at atime so youll be doing quite a bit of dmg so conversely youll be healing a decent amount as well. The inq is thrown in for sanction heretic to build up convictions for a spot heal here and there while not hurting your dps and for the extra crit dmg. Plus the bonus you get from the 32 point ability that increases your death dmg makes your bolt of depravity hit hard. So if your fighting 1 mob at a time you have an option to use it instead of your more mana heavy aoe spells in cab.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xoor View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...tAkbo.Vuzo.Vxz

Heres my favorite cabalist build for both pvp and pve. The beauty here is that you have really really good dmg from the cabalist build but all the dmg that you do youll be healing yourself and your whole group for a portion of the dmg. This works realyl well because in dungeons most pulls are 3 mobs at atime so youll be doing quite a bit of dmg so conversely youll be healing a decent amount as well. The inq is thrown in for sanction heretic to build up convictions for a spot heal here and there while not hurting your dps and for the extra crit dmg. Plus the bonus you get from the 32 point ability that increases your death dmg makes your bolt of depravity hit hard. So if your fighting 1 mob at a time you have an option to use it instead of your more mana heavy aoe spells in cab.
    You'll do far better with 44 Inq instead of 44 Cab

edit: Hell, you'll do better with 31 inq instead of 44 cab
    Last edited by Tranquility; 04-24-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Telaran

Unless you plan to go 51 into Cab just go inquis.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility View Post
    You'll do far better with 44 Inq instead of 44 Cab

edit: Hell, you'll do better with 31 inq instead of 44 cab
    You might be right but he was asking about a Cab build... Personally tho I think the INQ tree is crap, the non talent abilities are kinda useless past 15 from a dps perspective they are all utlity and the talent tree concept is a little to linear for me. I prefer the options the cab build provides.

Inq's synergy with Justicar is too good to pass up for Cab. The issue with cab is a lot of your mojo is tied into AoEs, buff stacking and long cooldowns. You can get similar performance from an Inq (crit soul drain bomb + tab vexing) while keeping conviction based heals flowing in case things go south. Cab can do comparable single and better AoE with offensive utility that Inq can't match but can't handle getting dumped on nearly as well.

Cab is, imo, sexier but flimsier. Not what you want out of a solo build. It's cool and all but you'll die more.
    Last edited by exLupo; 04-24-2011 at 02:50 PM.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    Inq's synergy with Justicar is too good to pass up for Cab. The issue with cab is a lot of your mojo is tied into AoEs, buff stacking and long cooldowns. You can get similar performance from an Inq (crit soul drain bomb + tab vexing) while keeping conviction based heals flowing in case things go south. Cab can do comparable single and better AoE with offensive utility that Inq can't match but can't handle getting dumped on nearly as well.

Cab is, imo, sexier but flimsier. Not what you want out of a solo build. It's cool and all but you'll die more.
    yup inq/just synergy is insane. also grodak you on a PVP server? I just hit 31 and am in scarlet gorge got jumped by a ??? warrior we went at it for like 3 min I almost killed him then he popped his pally 10 min heal. I actually prob would of been able to take him down again but he got a stun off and i forgot to pop my fear to heal back up. So not only is Inq/just amazing AOE its also great for PVP servers and dealing with a-holes jumping you while questing. My doc of bliss crit heals me for like 700 its really good that combined with my purifier shield, then all the extra healing from vex and justicar passive heals I'm very hard to take down.

+ Reply to Thread