+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DPS Clerics shafted on legendary weapon drops?!

Telaran

Default DPS Clerics shafted on legendary weapon drops?!

To my knowledge, the only Two-Handed weapons that are specifically designed for high end raid DPS clerics are the Maul of Feral Instinct off Duke, the Night Bringer from the epic saga quest, and the Galenir's Crusher from RoS.

While these weapons are good, we're lacking a legendary two-handed hammer/mace off Greenscale/Alsbeth. At this point in the game, the best weapon for DPS clerics is the Staff of the Inevitable off Alsbeth. Does it bother anyone else that clerics do not have a weapon more geared towards dps clerics but rather splitting loot between two classes? The rogues/warriors have weapons specific to their design where as cleric and mages, to a lesser extent, will be in competition between one weapon.

Rift Disciple

alsbeth has a relic cleric shield so i'd be surprised to not see a cleric 2h (are all her drops out?) and 1.2 is adding more to greenscale, likely will be in that batch

Is the relic staff from Greenscale not be the best weapon for cleric DPS? I am under the impression that attacks are normalized, making weapon speed irrelevant for melee clerics.
    Disco ◕ ◡ ◕
    Lotham Defiant

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aeterna View Post
    To my knowledge, the only Two-Handed weapons that are specifically designed for high end raid DPS clerics are the Maul of Feral Instinct off Duke, the Night Bringer from the epic saga quest, and the Galenir's Crusher from RoS.

While these weapons are good, we're lacking a legendary two-handed hammer/mace off Greenscale/Alsbeth. At this point in the game, the best weapon for DPS clerics is the Staff of the Inevitable off Alsbeth. Does it bother anyone else that clerics do not have a weapon more geared towards dps clerics but rather splitting loot between two classes? The rogues/warriors have weapons specific to their design where as cleric and mages, to a lesser extent, will be in competition between one weapon.
    Rumor has it there exists a mighty Legendary 2H hammer... seen on PTS... with a Druid specific proc (Eruption of Life or something) and 600 SP.

I think from Alsbeth, but not sure.
    Last edited by Grenig; 04-24-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Grenig View Post
    Rumor has it there exists a mighty Legendary 2H hammer... seen on PTS... with a Druid specific proc (Eruption of Life or something) and 600 SP.

I think from Alsbeth, but not sure.
    We'll have to wait until there are more kills on Alsbeth for it to be confirmed. I hope you are right. =P

Telaran

If stats are about the same won't the staff perform better due to being able to use a witchstone?

15% more crit dmg > diff in base weapon dps, yes/no?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeterna View Post

The orange weapons rfrom GS are listed on RiftJunkies. The Saga of the Endless rewards are very good for both healing and dps. Also, the trash weapons in RoS are very good too.

There are a ton of chain itemization issues, but the weapon itemization seems fine.

Can you be more specific as to what you issue with the weapon itemization is? It just sounds like you're either trolling or haven't seen any of the loot lists that are posted at various places around the internet.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Plane Walker

There is a 2h mace with a melee proc off of Alsbeth. You don't need a hammer though. Weapons are normalized though so staff/mace will do the same damage. Staff may even give more jolt procs tbh.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    The orange weapons rfrom GS are listed on RiftJunkies. The Saga of the Endless rewards are very good for both healing and dps. Also, the trash weapons in RoS are very good too.

There are a ton of chain itemization issues, but the weapon itemization seems fine.

Can you be more specific as to what you issue with the weapon itemization is? It just sounds like you're either trolling or haven't seen any of the loot lists that are posted at various places around the internet.
    Obviously, I am trolling because I listed three of the end game two handed weapons for dps clerics. Clearly, I did no research.

More importantly, if there is a two handed mace, KetMalice, do you know where I can find a screenshot of the item? I haven't been able to find anything of the sort.

Soulwalker

yeah a screenshot of the weapons stats would be greatly appreciated.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Thellian View Post
    yeah a screenshot of the weapons stats would be greatly appreciated.
    It is the same dps as Orange Staves, same SP, 77 Focus, 80 crit for X seconds when you MELEE crit, it has 100% uptime, or 95ish%. Err and like 37 crit on it
    Last edited by KetMalice; 04-25-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Telaran

Where are you getting these stats and is there a screenshot to confirm?

Telaran

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...gendary-Weapon

Dev post confirming new weapons in 1.2.

Champion of Telara

hrmmm at this one...

http://i.imgur.com/YlDe7.png

..is that an attempt to fix justicar tanking via itemization procs?
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Plane Walker

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5/KetMalice/Mace.png

I was a little wrong on the stats but here it is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast