+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee Clerics - Staff vs Mace

Soulwalker

Default Melee Clerics - Staff vs Mace

Staff damage is obviously lower than same level mace counterparts. However i'm using the runebinder mace that has 81-151 damage. This staff that dropped from RoS has 72 -133 damage but has more spell power (like 40, more int and more focus).

Is the weapon damage so important it's not worth swapping to a staff or what?. Im currently druid/shaman/inquis, and majority of abiliies are weapon damage +.

What do people think?

Telaran

ignore the damage range, weapon damage gets calculated by multiplying the given damage per second value with the normalized weapon speed regardless of which 2h weapon you have.

edit: actually the staff might be better because jolt procs off white damage crits too so faster weapon damage = more jolts
    Last edited by Tuplis; 04-24-2011 at 11:40 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tuplis View Post
    ignore the damage range, weapon damage gets calculated by multiplying the given damage per second value with the normalized weapon speed regardless of which 2h weapon you have.

edit: actually the staff might be better because jolt procs off white damage crits too so faster weapon damage = more jolts
    Thank you very much, i'd just like to clarify a few points. For weapon upgrades then the range damage 71-151 is irrelevent. So i should just focus on stats + weapon dps (30.5)?
    Last edited by Emsee; 04-24-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuplis View Post

I hate that im doing this and im gonna regreat it sooooo much.. but try pressing t if its still bound for /startattack while being out of range of a mob... And then plz consider the above statement.. not gonna read this post again.. so pst me when u realise what im saying...
    serafh: Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Cit Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come."
    Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    But the modern gamer, particularly the modern MMO gamer, has come to erroneously equate "requires time" with "difficult".

+ Reply to Thread