+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need a healer killer!

Default Need a healer killer!

I need a healer killer for pvp, I'll be pugging, healer(s) will almost certainly be enjoying the benefits of a premade. So what will do the trick? So far the only thing I can think of is a mage with dom involved, but I'm new, so I'm hoping there's something I've overlooked. I figured I'd ask the healers, if anyone knows what kills you guys, it should be you guys!

this isnt wow... whole point of a healer in pvp is to not be easily killable

best bet is to bring a friend.
    next best is full shaman with enough in qnquisitor for purge

Telaran

Hi there, I've recently been healing alot in WFs and still the only problems I really have is with mana draining classes. (void knight/dominator)
    Had a pesky Mage a few days ago that pretty much ruined my WF by squirrelling me then mana draining me everytime he saw me. Then I'd go oom very quickly and die soon after.

Also any classes with lots of interrupts and silences. Cabalist is a good example because a friend of mine off heals and with cabs aoe silences we can't keep each other alive.
    Although IMO most classes shouldn't be able to kill a good healer. If everything could out dps heals there would be no point in the heals.

I know you said youl be doing mainly pugs but try get a friend to roll a good burst dps class and do nothing but focus healers in the WF. I get the feeling in rift that pvp is alot more group based. You can't be a pure juggernaut that can defeat everything you need a mix of classes to shine in different situations.

Well I hope I've helped you kill me a bit more often. But i'l still be using all the tricks I have to keep healing and laugh at the players who just chase me around barely out dpsing my HOTs! : P

Rift Disciple

Heal debuff + cc = ezmode killing healers

Silence at a key moment and nobody is covering that clerics back ? = Dead Cleric

also healing debuff of any shape/form or HoT Remover.
    Last edited by Herrstarr; 04-24-2011 at 04:22 AM.

Thanks all. I see that if I'm going it alone my dom mix with the point in priest's lament or something similar was pretty close to the best I'm going to get as far as healers go. It's nice to know I was already doing the best I could do under the circumstances.

Now what about a healer protector? Is there any class/build that is really good at sticking with you guys and keeping you unsquirreled, unsilenced, and undead...I mean, alive? I want to make as much difference in these horrible pugs as I can, and if I can't kill their healers, maybe protecting ours will do the trick!

for premades A 44 druid is highly recommendable. plz test it before trolling
    for pugs where u wanna have some fun id say 45 sham 11 inq 10 sent.. I can GCD kill Clerics - SPAM T till u get jolt up .. pres rage of the north .. Launch bolt of deprivaty on cast charge on arrival hit massive blow.. one dead healer inc.

I do state out im full r6 geared with 2 mage r6 pices for inc crit + Ros 2h.. And currently stocking dkp for 2h staff from Greenscale.. Enjoy ..

Else roll pyro... Go for "red ball" proc fullminate Cinderburst.. And lol till patch arrives then qq on forums big time..

Assasinations rogue with their "pvp soul" seems very viable vs me in my healing spec..

Dominaters can be pretty enoying until u Los them then its back 2 facerolling 123 as healer.

warriors.. wait for the patch where u get buffed.. or wait.. .. .. trollolololol

/se@shivermere
    serafh: Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Cit Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come."
    Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    But the modern gamer, particularly the modern MMO gamer, has come to erroneously equate "requires time" with "difficult".

Quote Originally Posted by serafhin View Post
    for premades A 44 druid is highly recommendable. plz test it before trolling
    for pugs where u wanna have some fun id say 45 sham 11 inq 10 sent.. I can GCD kill Clerics - SPAM T till u get jolt up .. pres rage of the north .. Launch bolt of deprivaty on cast charge on arrival hit massive blow.. one dead healer inc.

I do state out im full r6 geared with 2 mage r6 pices for inc crit + Ros 2h.. And currently stocking dkp for 2h staff from Greenscale.. Enjoy ..

Else roll pyro... Go for "red ball" proc fullminate Cinderburst.. And lol till patch arrives then qq on forums big time..

Assasinations rogue with their "pvp soul" seems very viable vs me in my healing spec..

Dominaters can be pretty enoying until u Los them then its back 2 facerolling 123 as healer.

warriors.. wait for the patch where u get buffed.. or wait.. .. .. trollolololol

/se@shivermere
    Interesting stuff, especially the bit about druids and the sham/inq/sent, but how do those do at lower levels? I'll be in pugs while leveling all the way from 15-50. Questing just bores me silly too quickly to spend much time doing it. If I can't find packs of mobs to grind, I'm likely to get most of my levels in WFs (or give up and not get them at all). And I'm really not interested in playing a flamethrowing mage. Incoming nerf or no incoming nerf. I was interested in the VK, but everything I read on the warrior forum talks me out of it!

nothing gives healers gray hair more than a mana drain.. mana drain the healers and you are guaranteed a win. if your team has heals and the opposite team has 0 mana they all die.

i had games where i was mainly focusing on putting a number on their mana drainers and told my team i cannot be near that number ! lol.. and sadly i was a justicar build (melee) so i couldnt go anywhere near the fight xD cuz the moment i step in there i have to get back out to drink.. its just crazy really.
    Last edited by Byona; 04-24-2011 at 12:51 PM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    nothing gives healers gray hair more than a mana drain.. mana drain the healers and you are guaranteed a win. if your team has heals and the opposite team has 0 mana they all die.

i had games where i was mainly focusing on putting a number on their mana drainers and told my team i cannot be near that number ! lol.. and sadly i was a justicar build (melee) so i couldnt go anywhere near the fight xD cuz the moment i step in there i have to get back out to drink.. its just crazy really.
    No offense, because I love the healers on my side (and I'm in absolute awe of anyone with the patience and tenacity to heal pugs!) but I want to give enemy healers gray hair. Lots and lots of gray hair! So mana drain it is. I am quite sad that my dom toon wasn't causing as much havoc as I wanted her too, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by joanlewiswrites View Post
    No offense, because I love the healers on my side (and I'm in absolute awe of anyone with the patience and tenacity to heal pugs!) but I want to give enemy healers gray hair. Lots and lots of gray hair! So mana drain it is. I am quite sad that my dom toon wasn't causing as much havoc as I wanted her too, but oh well.
    heres alittle story from our "battle groupe" we had this **** mage.. who descided 2 roll dominator instead of necro lock... From there on after He was our main priority as a premade. Forth their premade healers..

U defenetly give healers grey hairs with dominator.. Your altho allso putting a bullseye on yourself
    serafh: Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Cit Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come."
    Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    But the modern gamer, particularly the modern MMO gamer, has come to erroneously equate "requires time" with "difficult".

Champion

yeah, either attack the mana bar or lots of CC. If you're going the CC method, then think of it more as keeping the healer from healing and less of killing the healer.
    In reference to someone else:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gany
    QFDumb
    In reference to me:
    Quote Originally Posted by Seniella
    QFAwesome.
    Unrelated Posts

A 51 druid has a secret weapon... Satyr. Mind you, you have no survival beyond your 51 CD. Even a 15 point templar spec wont do much for you. You have to use a combo of bombard and stoneburst to stay on top of a healer. No gap closer as well sucks huge for melee.

Watching my pet crit for 750 and 50% HR is an amazing, if not amusing way, to shut down a healer. Stack end/sp whenever possible. 160% sp bonus to pet abilities is amazing. This is not a solo build but I also prefer to go heavy survival rather than specifically try to target healers in PvP puggin.
    A Justicar's path is not one of ease. But, hey, we do get to hit stuff.

Soulwalker

What are "pugs'?

you wanna kill healers go 44necro as a mage.

if you wanna limit what a healer can do, as a mage go dominator, as a warrior go vk.

two different things, accomplishing about the same goal.
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast