+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some healing advice (3x sent | 3x Puri) long casting time makes it hard.

Default Need some healing advice (3x sent | 3x Puri) long casting time makes it hard.

Hello all, at work atm so i cant post my build. But its a build i found here at the forum. Its 3x Sent and 3x purifier. Im doing fine, but when i have to start moveing it become hard to heal. Since i have to stand still for 3s to cast my heal.

And yeah i know that i have more then 2 3sec heals, but when tank/group takes massive dmg i cant survive on expensive instant casts heal whit CD.

In sent theres a spell named Shared recovery. What it does is heal both me and the ally for xxx amount hp. Its also on a 1sec casting time if i spend 3 points into it. dont have that one but im thinking it might be a good thing to have when there is alot of aoe dmg.

What i realy whant is some new short casting time spells. Or just a L2p puri/sent guide

ignore this post. dobbel post it seems.

Soz :/

Plane Walker

I am not on a computer with rift installed so I can't give you exact names. But just some help here....

There is an instant cast single target heal, I have a lot of gear so not sure how it does with lesser gear. But it heals for 6-700 with 1-1100 crits. Great for moving and healing. Don't ever forget your instant cast heal CD either. If you have surging flames you can use it to heal AoE for a large amount. You also have healing breathe which is great for instant heals.

For AoE you have the CD that is a instant cast AoE heal that heals for ALOT, and you also have the instant cast cd and you can use communion with it.

You also have shields you can cast on yourself/tank when you start moving. Honestly most of the time I can just shield the tank as I move, but I also have the 50 inscribed greater and a lot of SP so my shield is like 3k dmg.

Era
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
    I am not on a computer with rift installed so I can't give you exact names. But just some help here....

There is an instant cast single target heal, I have a lot of gear so not sure how it does with lesser gear. But it heals for 6-700 with 1-1100 crits. Great for moving and healing. Don't ever forget your instant cast heal CD either. If you have surging flames you can use it to heal AoE for a large amount. You also have healing breathe which is great for instant heals.

For AoE you have the CD that is a instant cast AoE heal that heals for ALOT, and you also have the instant cast cd and you can use communion with it.

You also have shields you can cast on yourself/tank when you start moving. Honestly most of the time I can just shield the tank as I move, but I also have the 50 inscribed greater and a lot of SP so my shield is like 3k dmg.
    Healing Spark would be the one, but it's extremely mana hungry if you use it too much. As purifier you'll be burning through mana if you have to move around a lot since you'll be using fast-cast spells and instants, but it can't be helped really. AoE spells also drain mana quick, so be sure to use lots of mana pots if you have them!
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Plane Touched

Puri/Sent really just aren't built for moving around a lot. On bosses like AP's final one, you sometimes need to spam Healing Flare when healing breath, divine call and touch the light aren't up and you need to be moving. My only real advice is to keep a second warden/sent healing spec (which actually works real well for pvp) for these types of fights, as you'll keep a tank topped off with your hots+the occasional 2s cast if you have a decent chloro.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbearr View Post
    Puri/Sent really just aren't built for moving around a lot. On bosses like AP's final one, you sometimes need to spam Healing Flare when healing breath, divine call and touch the light aren't up and you need to be moving. My only real advice is to keep a second warden/sent healing spec (which actually works real well for pvp) for these types of fights, as you'll keep a tank topped off with your hots+the occasional 2s cast if you have a decent chloro.
    Please don't think I am singling you out.

But on thing that just bothers the crap out of me is people slamming a spec because they use bad boss strats.

AP Calyx- Okay so the ramp going up to him, on the left as you get to his platform there is a huge "pillar" tank pulls him to there, and tanks him on the pillar. When he does his AoE thing DPS runs around the side of the pillar and LoS it.

Healer placement-Just across from that pillar at the top of that ramp is a little "stalagtite(mite?)". I just stand next to it as close to the edge as I can. You just take the AoE blast. After the AoE blast you either have a big heal timed on the tank or use an instant heal or a shield. You have about 10 seconds before any other AoE dmg hits to get your self topped off again which is extremely easy by spamming RF on the tank and being healed by Surging FLames. I literally start my g15 macro up spamming the button 4 and go afk for it, and I am usually the only healer.
    Last edited by KetMalice; 04-23-2011 at 11:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread