+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Increased macro slots required for 1.2

Rift Disciple

I would be happy with more macro slots also. I think I have 1 or 2 open slots left. It's not only about spells and abilities i have a few with commonly used sayings. But really if you have all 4 roles filled and you pvp alot and pve also, its really easy to use up the slots that are availible.

So I vote "YES" for more slots

RIFT Fan Site Operator jpoplive's Avatar

I NEED more macro slots. I have a Ranged, Melee, Healer, & Tank souls. Each have a ton of macros and my macro list was full the day I hit 50. Then I have to macro in the vent info, /loadequips (the outfitter interface will make this mote), & 1-8 marks. I would love more macro slots. I think that they need to have 25 slots per role. When ever you switch roles your macro slots change to that roles macros.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jpoplive View Post
    I NEED more macro slots. I have a Ranged, Melee, Healer, & Tank souls. Each have a ton of macros and my macro list was full the day I hit 50. Then I have to macro in the vent info, /loadequips (the outfitter interface will make this mote), & 1-8 marks. I would love more macro slots. I think that they need to have 25 slots per role. When ever you switch roles your macro slots change to that roles macros.
    A lot of that stuff can just have it's keybind changed. That would free up some macro slots.
    In reference to someone else:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gany
    QFDumb
    In reference to me:
    Quote Originally Posted by Seniella
    QFAwesome.
    Unrelated Posts

I just type out /loadequip # and /role #

sure its a little slower but it saves me 7 macro slots...
    A Justicar's path is not one of ease. But, hey, we do get to hit stuff.

i agree clerics do need more macro slots.. and to everybody against it, whats ur problem? ist going to affect anything in the game if we get more macro slots? no.. it wont.. right now we are struggling with macros with current 4 roles.. and you are ''lecturing'' us how to make it work and delete this and that.. but what about when a 5th role come like the OP said? then its going to be a real problem..

this game has many roles, each role with 3 souls.. which means this game requires more macro slots than your average game.. its not 1 role with 3 souls like all the other games.. best idea would be to separate macro slots per role..

conclusion: if it doesnt affect you, then why are u posting ? why ist bothering u that we are asking for something we need?

Other threads with the same issue (mostly Clerics too :P):

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ghlight=macros
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ht=macro+slots
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...of-Macro-Slots
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ighlight=macro
    See you all in Wildstar!

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    i agree clerics do need more macro slots.. and to everybody against it, whats ur problem? ist going to affect anything in the game if we get more macro slots? no.. it wont.. right now we are struggling with macros with current 4 roles.. and you are ''lecturing'' us how to make it work and delete this and that.. but what about when a 5th role come like the OP said? then its going to be a real problem..

this game has many roles, each role with 3 souls.. which means this game requires more macro slots than your average game.. its not 1 role with 3 souls like all the other games.. best idea would be to separate macro slots per role..

conclusion: if it doesnt affect you, then why are u posting ? why ist bothering u that we are asking for something we need?

Other threads with the same issue (mostly Clerics too :P):

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ghlight=macros
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ht=macro+slots
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...of-Macro-Slots
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ighlight=macro
    Awesome, thanks for posting those links, I knew I was not alone.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
    If you are using Maelstorm then I don't even know what to say. Even if you are using Maelstorm why would you macro it? You don't want it just randomly going off when you are spamming your Even Justice. 21 points into Cabalist for tanking? Even Justice is the only cleave you use. Having your shields macro'ed is a horrible idea. You don't want the wrong shield going off because it was first in line. Or wasting a GCD when you are going down on a crappy shield when you need the large one.

Precept should be in the 1 slot of your single target macro, so you don't need to put it in anything else. When you are spamming EJ you hit your single target macro once every few seconds. Go ahead and macro for tank dps, that extra 50 dps is going to really matter. I would rather be building secondary threat in case a mishap happens. Tank DPS is just lol.

You can go ahead and waste GCD's on switching mandates around. I will be working on threat. You obviously haven't tanked against 15-1700 DPS DPS'ers. I am pretty sure I trust my healers on keeping people healed, the extra 100 HPS you can bring with your mandate on someone is not going to help.

You sir have obviously not tanked in raids.
    Wow.. I don't even know where to start with a post this asinine. 21 points in cabalist? WTF are you talking about? You're just trolling right? I have a hard time believing you could really be so dense as to not realize that I was referring to MAELSTROM STRIKE. Pure unadulterated stupid..

You don't want the wrong shield going off? Because there is a discernible difference between the 2/3 shields? Again.. I sincerely hope you're not serious.

Your comments about tank dps are no less inane. Try re-reading my post again. If you still don't get it, I can try to explain it again, though I think I'll have to use youtube and sock puppets for you to understand. And not every fight is a raid fight with several heales. Again, I know thats going to be hard for you to understand.. but have someone explain it to you or something. In T2's there are plenty of cases where a healer can get silenced/stunned etc and a quick mandate switch and ROA can prevent a wipe.

One day, with a lot of practice and maybe some help from someone with ALOT Of patience, you may get to the level that the OP and I are at.. But until then.. why don't you just play in the corner and let the big boys talk, OK?

Rift Chaser

PS: You aren't running with dps who are doing 1700+ on single target fights.. but thats a nice story.

Telaran

Gotta agree wholeheartedly with the OP. The real issue, for me, is having to make macros for my healing spells to be mouseovers. I'd have plenty of room otherwise. If there were some way, in the UI setup, to make friendly spells cast at your UI mouseover as a default, then I'd be set with the 25 slots, at least for now. Or, if you could suppress the chat spam you see when you use a macro that has an ability from a different spec in it, saying you don't know that ability, then I could at least combine some macros from different specs to work. As it is, I have to settle for redoing some macros each time I move between healing specs, as I just don't have the room.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasa View Post
    PS: You aren't running with dps who are doing 1700+ on single target fights.. but thats a nice story.
    Okay I am not. Because none of us people in the top 5 world guilds can hit 1700 DPS. Why would you go for Maelstrom Strike for AoE? It is LESS THREAT than EJ. Using it is a waste of mana, threat, and a GCD.

There is a huge difference in shields man. Glacial Shield, you don't want to macro that in. You use it for AoE pulls to help with threat. But regardless Shield of Oak/Glacial Shield are like 890 base absorb, Just Defense is 2200 base absorb. Yeah man that is a huge difference.

So just so you understand. Non-Justicar abilities hit for 40% less damage, and heal for 5% less health. That is a HUGE loss of threat.

What silences in dungeons? I can't think of anything. There are only a couple of stuns, bird boss in AP the stun lasts for 1 second, 3 seconds if he is in melee range. If you can't use a shield and you die in 3 seconds then you shouldn't even be in T2's. Or you can get a long *** stun in Kaleida, and that's just his fault for being stunned on that. Mandate switching is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of in my life. Do not do it.

Only on the internet could people take "I need more macro slots" to mean "I'm better than you because I used all my macro slots."

I mean, I know when the hormones first hit it makes you sensitive to anything that might possibly be a manhood-measuring contest, but this is so over-the-top that it's like a caricature of adolescent insecurity. I wasn't THAT dumb at that age, was I?

TLDR: There are SOME things in the world that aren't about unzipping with a ruler.

Thumbs up More macro slots please!

/signed
    I completely agree with the OP.

With the sheer amount of abilities in this game, I have used all my macro spots (none for switching roles or gear - all abilitiy macros).

The use of macros is usually significatly less important for DPS than it is for healers (most DPS don't use mouseover macros for every ability).

This is likely not an issue for clickers (people who click on the target then on the ability). I use a Nostromo and literally never touch my keyboard outside of chatting, and have only 4 fingers!

I will absolutely not be able to use a 5th role (which I'd really like to use as a tanking role) because I've no room for macros for it.

One major issue for me is that I don't have enough macro spots to efficiently and effectively play my class (Cleric healer) because I have skills macroed together that would be better macroed apart for greater flexibility, but without spots to do so... it's either this or actually click on the target and click on the ability, which is a playstyle I moved away from oh... 6 years ago.

Giving those of us who are old and set in our ways more macro spots won't affect those of you who don't need them. Everyone is different and satisfying both sides will be better for Trion's bottom line in the end.

Plane Touched

I agree that macro slots should be expanded. Though I only use a few myself, I don't understand why it'd be limited. People should be able to make as many as they want. With only one ability allowed to fire with each keypress, there's really no down side to adding more. Those who aren't out of room for macros won't even notice the difference.

Ok, off topic...

Okay I am not. Because none of us people in the top 5 world guilds can hit 1700 DPS.
    None of us in the top 5 world guilds? Where's this top guild worldwide listing?

Plane Walker

rift progress

Rift Chaser

Okay I am not. Because none of us people in the top 5 world guilds can hit 1700 DPS. Why would you go for Maelstrom Strike for AoE? It is LESS THREAT than EJ. Using it is a waste of mana, threat, and a GCD.

There is a huge difference in shields man. Glacial Shield, you don't want to macro that in. You use it for AoE pulls to help with threat. But regardless Shield of Oak/Glacial Shield are like 890 base absorb, Just Defense is 2200 base absorb. Yeah man that is a huge difference.

So just so you understand. Non-Justicar abilities hit for 40% less damage, and heal for 5% less health. That is a HUGE loss of threat.

What silences in dungeons? I can't think of anything. There are only a couple of stuns, bird boss in AP the stun lasts for 1 second, 3 seconds if he is in melee range. If you can't use a shield and you die in 3 seconds then you shouldn't even be in T2's. Or you can get a long *** stun in Kaleida, and that's just his fault for being stunned on that. Mandate switching is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of in my life. Do not do it.
    Oak/Glacial/Puri shield are clearly the ones we were reffering to.. not Just Defense. You're not very quick on the uptake are you?

Just so you understand, you should use a shield while tanking. I'm not sure if you realized that or not.

And btw, its 40% to both damage and healing. I know reading tooltips is hard.. but give it a shot. If you really think that swapping a mandate to keep someone up is a waste.. then I don't even know what to tell you. If thats really "the dumbest thing you've ever heard in your life.." than you must not get out much.. or at all.. but then again I guess that was pretty much a given huh?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast