+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Warden / Sentinel / Cabalist

  1. #1
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    407

    Default Warden / Sentinel / Cabalist

    I was reading the forum a couple of days ago, when someone mentioned that SP is more important than +%healing for deep warden, do to the scaling that Ocean's Blessing brings in.

    i.e., it is always better to get the first 5 points of sent that raise SP, rather than the 5 points that raise the effectiveness of heals.

    Because of this, they were considering an unorthodox build where they take 5 points of cabalist for the extra SP there too.

    As someone who plays cabalist a lot, and likes warden healing, that made something click with me.

    Cabalist is not only has 5 points in SP right away, it also has the least invested "good" mana regen of any cleric soul.

    Just 8 points. And you are already spending 5.

    You could have 3% more effective heals if you keep those points in sentinel, or you could have an extra 450+ mana / minute.

    Now, warden is already the most mana efficient healing class, by far, so you might wonder what you would "do" with an extra 450 mana / minute.

    Well, for starters, you can add healing flood to your regular rotation. You can even use it instead of healing spray to keep your deluge timings the same.

    And, you can use ripple and orbs of the tide every time they come off CD...

    Plus, you can use healing showers and healing cataract when needed.... And STILL never run out of mana.

    Combined with mana potions, the extra boost from Sigil of Power makes Downpour in emergencies much less worrisome, also, as you can know you will be able to recover your pool.

    Here is the build I am looking at.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10jeo.i.EEdtqtRqz.VzM

    Thoughts? Suggestions?

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Jazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    165

    Default

    I already do that without needing sigil of power, with 44/22 warden/sent build. However, I like the idea of 5 % SP from Cabalist, but I can't see sacrificing the utility you get from Sent. Also, in order to use the sigil, you'd have to stop healing, which you may not always have a chance to do.

  3. #3
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Why +2% spell damage in Cab tree? Those would be alot better spent in Sent tree.

    And personally I dont think the +40 resists is worth that much, but...

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Jazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    Why +2% spell damage in Cab tree? Those would be alot better spent in Sent tree.

    And personally I dont think the +40 resists is worth that much, but...
    The point is to get Sigil of Power, for mana regen.

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    The point is to get Sigil of Power, for mana regen.
    Ah, then I understand. Never had much mana problems as a healer, especially not as a warden, but I get your point.

    How much mana would that give you? Tooltip says 305 mana, and that feels very little to sacrifice those points for tbh.
    (You mainly need mana on Bosses, and they are often alone, but I can see the value on some multi-mob bosses perhaps...)

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I already do that without needing sigil of power, with 44/22 warden/sent build. However, I like the idea of 5 % SP from Cabalist, but I can't see sacrificing the utility you get from Sent. Also, in order to use the sigil, you'd have to stop healing, which you may not always have a chance to do.
    I have consider that too. Decay lasts for 60 seconds after the last stack is applied, so you could break it up into 4 1.5 second interruptions every 2 minutes, 3 x 1.5 second channels for the stacks, and one for obliterate. Sigil itself is off GCD.

    I think you could fit 4 1.5 sec interruptions every 2 minutes into your regular warden cycle w/o too much of a problem. Your main concern would be making sure you didn't end up missing a SS stack and having to start over at 1.

    Also, the only utility you get form sent by going 15 instead of 7 would be touch of light, a bit extra range, and a nice raid heal. Those are nice, but with at much mana you could rely on downpour more, I would think.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    Ah, then I understand. Never had much mana problems as a healer, especially not as a warden, but I get your point.

    How much mana would that give you? Tooltip says 305 mana, and that feels very little to sacrifice those points for tbh.
    (You mainly need mana on Bosses, and they are often alone, but I can see the value on some multi-mob bosses perhaps...)
    It's 305 mana x 3. That's how the mechanics work, one for each stack of decay. That works out to a bit more than 450 mana / minute.
    Last edited by Ellyll; 04-23-2011 at 06:14 PM.

  7. #7
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    407

    Default

    So, basically, what it boils down to is you would lose 2 GCD's / minute to gain an extra 450 mana / minute.

    In order to use this you would lose Touch of Light, 3m AoE radius, and Healing Communion.

    Your SP scaling would be about the same.

    Probably not for everyone, but I would like to give it a try.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I already do that without needing sigil of power.


    Ya, I didn't see the 22 sent at first. This would not be as good for you. I was mainly referring to people who go max warden for the 60% SP HoT bonus, and therefore get less utility out of sent anyway.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts