+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Let me know what you think about this healing build please

Rift Disciple

Default Let me know what you think about this healing build please

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...x0E00zqz.xE0Lo

This offers maxed out restoritive flame, surging flames, the auto instant cast from sentinel, orbs from warden, shield from puri, and allows you to pre load those plus a lot of HOTS on the tank pre-aggro. Misses out on serendipity and battle rez, but i think all those hots and the orbs would make up for that. but i could be overlooking something. please let me know if you think this is viable and if not, why not. thanks guys

Rift Disciple

anyone? i think this build could be really good

Telaran

Most people prefer to focus down one/two tree/s a bit further than splitting 3 ways.

Not sure how a HoT replaces battle rezz, assume you mean you won't ever need it? And pre hotting tank is fine as long as your tank is good enough to keep that initial aggro draw off you.
    Last edited by Garborg; 04-23-2011 at 02:51 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

I think this build is trying to do too much. You pick up crit talents, but a Warden most benefits from Spell power, while puri/sent is based more on crit.

I think a 51/15 Warden/sent build, a 34/32 puri/sent would outperform this build on any given day. If you want cooldowns, 34/32 puri/sent is much better, and if you're looking for AoE healing or HoTs, 51/15 warden/sent is better.

In my humble opinion, you'd be better off picking 2 trees so you don't spread your points too thin. When you attempt to become a jack-of-all-trades, you usually end up sucking at all of it. My guess is the majority of your spells will be RF/Healing spray... miscellaneous HoTs here and there anyway, in which case you'd be better off using the aforementioned builds.

Rift Disciple

thanks for the replies, i get how spreading yourself too thin would make you weak at everything, but if you could give me a direct example of this, because i'm having trouble seeing it. I understand losing the battle rez and serendipity sucks from your standard 34/32, but with this you can pre load SS, HS, orbs, shield, and keep all those dots going since it's instant cast. Plus you get healing flood for aoe instant. as for oh **** buttons, it has searing transfusion, touch the light, flashover, tidal surge, fiery blessing. and it comes with a fully maxed out restorative flame so you're not losing anything there either. So plenty of emergency buttons, fully maxed out main heal, plus a good amount of hots to take the edge off spikes, and a lot of pre-loads.

Obviously you're hots aren't going to be as good as a 51 warden, but it's only intended to get them preloaded with SS and HS to take the edge off and these are easily renewed as they are instant cast.

If you can't live without a battle rez than this isn't for you either, I just think this build has a lot more to offer to keep the tank up. But of course open to criticisms. and i appreciate the replies guys

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by THE Wulfgar View Post
    thanks for the replies, i get how spreading yourself too thin would make you weak at everything, but if you could give me a direct example of this, because i'm having trouble seeing it. I understand losing the battle rez and serendipity sucks from your standard 34/32, but with this you can pre load SS, HS, orbs, shield, and keep all those dots
    sorry obviously meant HOTs right here

Rift Disciple

t1 tested with 820 sp, does great. have yet to try t2

RIFT Guide Writer

I don't think it will have too much of a problem healing T1/T2. However, in a raid setting, you will either be AoE healing, or tank healing. 51 Purifier or Sent will outtank heal you, as will a 34/32 puri/sent (who also offers a pain suppression and battlerez on top of Serendipity). A 51/15 warden/sent will out AoE heal you.

It's a decent enough build, but I think you would be much stronger if you were one or the other, and not all three. Way you can test this, is take your build into dungeons, try them out. Then switch it.

For a specific example to why a 51/15 or 34/32 build is better than a tri-spec is this:

In the 51/15 build you get a HUGE bonus from the passive 36pt root(60% more healing from HoTs).

In the 34/32 build you get an instant aoe heal, make your healing breath also heal additional targets, 5% damage reduction to all effected by aoe healing, battle rez, aoe cleanse(VERY useful in T2+ content), Serendipity(which if very useful in a build where 3sec heal is your spam heal), Healers Haste(as before, anything to make your 3sec heal faster is good), and most important IMO is Healer's Covenant(this saves the tank when $h1t hits the fan.)

Warden is an all or nothing tree IMO, if you try to use the HoTs w/o going full 51 points they are pretty pathetic and just waste GCDs that could be used casting a real heal. In T2+ content the tank and group are going to take much more damage and unspeced HoTs just aren't going to cut it. Plus, HoTs are not good at burst healing, which is needed a lot in T2+ content.
    Last edited by spitfirek; 04-24-2011 at 07:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread