+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Justicar experts/pros needed

Default Justicar experts/pros needed

So, a little background on me:

I have a lvl 50 mage that is fully T2 geared with a couple raid pieces. I usually am main/solo healing in experts with my chloromancer. and while I'm waiting for my guild to gear up for GSB I'm leveling a cleric for fun. currently level 20

now my end goal for my cleric is to off heal using Justicar in a melee-style chloromancer so to speak because for the life of me, I cannot single target heal, i kid you not.

so my main question is, is this do able?

secondly, what build would be best? keep in mind I want MAXIMUM healing potential. dps is absolutely irrelevant to me and survivability is a far secondary concern.

i've tried theory-crafting some builds but they are pretty different than the commonly posted/accepted "senticar" and "shamicar" builds i see floating around which seem to focus on splitting between dps and heals while putting unnecessary points to get battle rez's where i just want MASSIVE melee passive healing with little to no focus on single target clicky heals (which i suck at and will wipe the party) and I don't care about battle rez's

i've heard of justicars outperforming chloromancers but usually this is dismissed as fantasy epeen stroking and not reality. i tend to think its possible, am i just dreaming?

Soulwalker

i personally think that we do a MUCH better job. i havnt ever played a chloro but i do justicar support a lot. sure we might do a little less DPS but that instant cast AoE heal is SICK! not to mention everything we do heals everyone. so yeh if im tanking i prefer a justicar as a support over any other if possible.

Rift Disciple

i actually just created a similar thread to this asking the same thing
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ls-help-please
    in case you wanna see some of my concerns

but yeah im going for the same thing, it seems that the build is so good because is based on doctrine of loyalty and the procs for trinkets+essences off reparation/salv.
    Im currently testing the difference in healing with 3 different specs focusing on justicar, shaman, or inquisitor dps so ill let you know what i find.

As a Justicar, you will not be able to main heal through dungeons. You can have builds that will be able to stop healing and single-target heal when things go wrong, passively heal the party through damage, or put up big AOE heals until your Convictions run out - but Justicars cannot really do all of this at once. That is to say, you cannot main heal the tank and passively heal the party through damage at the same time, as a Chloro would. If you want to heal the party through damage, you'll be a great off-healer. But you won't replace a main healer, or do better than a Chloro in many cases.
    Cleric Tank -Guardian- Sunrest
    <Esti Efiu>

Rift Disciple

I can't speak with authority on chloro, but the ae heal for justicars is also quite expensive...remember your spell power is MORE about wisdom than int (75%/25% I believe), so your gear will push you towards a smaller mana pool.
    Welcoming newcomers to Faeblight daily...we have cupcakes.

Everywhere I go its "Chloro this, Chloro that"

Why are they better at everything relating to healing/buffing? (Since they can offsoul Archon).

Kinda annoying to keep reading about it, honestly. You read it in the Rogue forums too.

Soulwalker

Justicar AoE heal is 201 mana, but spammable (max 4 times before you need to cast another Life dmg spell) and will be about 1200-1300 non-crit with non t1/t2 gear.

If you just think about the GCD, you are looking at being able to heal 5000 dmg across your whole team in about 4 seconds -- (for 804 mana) so it's great if you can be fast on your feet - however it won't be a main healer. You can easily replace a chloro or a bard, though.

The convictions aren't really a problem, though. I have a macro that just does insta-cast convictions - depending on your build you can have 5 or 6. You wanted a melee build that does passive healing though? It's not really possible. You give up too much to do the 900 DPS and you can't DPS during PB AOE, so you will have to rely on your doctrines at least some of the time. Basically what I do is conviction attack x4, doctrines, rinse and repeat.

So here is the build I recommend for you:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...V0Vh.Ved0td00z

I went up the shaman tree for Battle Charge, basically to get you IN the fight asap. The more time you spend running around, the less time you can passive heal.

Your main attacks are anything with Life damage.

Macro should be similar to this:
    Jolt
    Fated Blow
    Sovereignty
    Eruption of life
    Censure
    Lightning Hammer
    Bombard
    Strike of Judgment

You don't have to use strike of judgment, but it will give you the 4th conviction.
    You can stick Glory of the Chosen in the macro, but I don't.

You have purpose, fae hammer, and ageless ice, so you wont run out of mana. I gave you Endless Winter, but honestly you won't need it even when spamming AOE heals. You can move them somewhere else - just make sure you take battle charge.

Do NOT take dauntless courage or lust for blood as your only Physical Damage hit is Lightning hammers FIRST tick and the reactive Fated Blow. The DOT on Lightning hammer is AIR damage, which is boosted by Stormborn.

Any other questions?

Quote Originally Posted by beawr View Post
    As a Justicar, you will not be able to main heal through dungeons. You can have builds that will be able to stop healing and single-target heal when things go wrong, passively heal the party through damage, or put up big AOE heals until your Convictions run out - but Justicars cannot really do all of this at once. That is to say, you cannot main heal the tank and passively heal the party through damage at the same time, as a Chloro would. If you want to heal the party through damage, you'll be a great off-healer. But you won't replace a main healer, or do better than a Chloro in many cases.
    Yup. A Sham/Just or Druid/Just can be a decent support healer and provide a good amount of dps. However, it's not a replacement for a good Chloromancer.

Really, what a hybrid Justicar build does well is to heal through burst aoe damage like the final boss of CC or AP.

I love my Cleric, but it's not a primary aoe healer. Sentinels are too mana inefficient and Justicars just can't maintain high levels of aoe healing for very long. Just my opinion after trying various builds in T1/T2 content also. I actually almost rolled a mage because of how efficient the current Chloromances are.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-23-2011 at 07:37 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

yes i figured that they weren't main healers, i do that on my chloromancer anyways. i just want to be able to switch to really solid melee aoe heals if the need arises

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...hk.euMo0c.Vt0z

Spam even justice, Use this and melee closest to the tank to give him 600 heals every reparation heal (basicly every second) and laugh how you have higher HPS than chloros and do 400-500 single dps!

Ive done every T2 with a chloro main healing and me offhealing/dps on this spec, only few bosses requires you to change obviously. Too bad Sacred Heirloom of Eth is getting a nerf and this spec wont work nearly as well after 1.2 have fun while it lasts!

Eth trinket and 20 pts sentinel all thats needed to MH Justicar

Quote Originally Posted by Poetica View Post
    i personally think that we do a MUCH better job. i havnt ever played a chloro but i do justicar support a lot. sure we might do a little less DPS but that instant cast AoE heal is SICK! not to mention everything we do heals everyone. so yeh if im tanking i prefer a justicar as a support over any other if possible.
    Actually we do way more DPS (about 2x more on avg) and about half the HPS of a chloro.

Iquisicar is actually less dps than melee and way more HPS (those dots stack up fast).

Both specs are single healer capable on AE pulls and can actually pull more HPS than the main healer on AE damage fights.
    A Justicar's path is not one of ease. But, hey, we do get to hit stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeFS View Post
    Actually we do way more DPS (about 2x more on avg) and about half the HPS of a chloro.

Iquisicar is actually less dps than melee and way more HPS (those dots stack up fast).

Both specs are single healer capable on AE pulls and can actually pull more HPS than the main healer on AE damage fights.
    1/2 the HPS? Sounds like a bad justicar to me

Sorry I only play with good chloros. My avg HPS is 200-250 on single target crap. 400-500 on AE pulls or heavy ae damage fights.

I dont have my SHoE yet
    Last edited by DrakeFS; 04-24-2011 at 04:41 AM.
    A Justicar's path is not one of ease. But, hey, we do get to hit stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeFS View Post
    Sorry I only play with good chloros. My avg HPS is 200-250 on single target crap. 400-500 on AE pulls or heavy ae damage fights.

I dont have my SHoE yet
    I understand. funny, the thing makes Justicars shine (tanking and healing) is not talents, dps... but a trinket and a few good procing essences...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast