+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How Useful is Templar in PvP healing?

Default How Useful is Templar in PvP healing?

I switch between a melee based dps build and a fully heal oriented build in Warfronts. I am able to competenly heal my group with 27Warden/34 Sentinel/5 Purifier. In terms of affecting how I heal in Warfronts, would creating a new tree truly augment my ability to heal in a large way?

I swear by the templar soul. Another cleric in my guild who is really amazing at pvp healing, does not like it. So ymmv.

Mmmmmm it depends on what you are using the templar for.

Templar can be used to assist in your own survival so that you can stay on the field longer and heal, or increase the amount of healing your do with a little extra affect + minor offensive capabilities which are kinda situational due to the cluster**** of WF and probably are more suitable for a 1v1 situation.

Overall however, templar does assist in many builds when it comes to survivability, which is very useful.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstitch View Post
    I swear by the templar soul. Another cleric in my guild who is really amazing at pvp healing, does not like it. So ymmv.
    The left path is really good, particularly the first 3 tiers. Everything else in templar is pretty sad though, and its completely useless for anything but increasing survivability.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Mmmmmm it depends on what you are using the templar for.

Templar can be used to assist in your own survival so that you can stay on the field longer and heal, or increase the amount of healing your do with a little extra affect + minor offensive capabilities which are kinda situational due to the cluster**** of WF and probably are more suitable for a 1v1 situation.
    No.. no it really cant. The offensive and healing abilities are nothing short of completely awful.

Shadowlander

I use the first 3 tiers of templar while solo pugging warfronts. It adds fairly significant survivability when the ***** (err, players) you are trying to heal flat out refuse to support you but demand heals.

I use a warden/sentinel/purifier build when I am going with some guildies that I know will help protect me so I don't need the survival help, but can add to raw healing power.

Just depends on the situation. I still sometimes switch depending on the pug I am with, or if I am against a particularly intelligent team that trains me.

Just try out each for a bit and see what works for you.

Thanks alot guys, all this input has been very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasa View Post
    No.. no it really cant. The offensive and healing abilities are nothing short of completely awful.
    I never used them but i always thought overload would be pretty neat D: same with rolling with the punches.

I personally wanted to try spirits of life, assuming it cant be attacked (or isnt noticeable in the field) thats 6k worth of healing and creeping remedy with an upgraded healings breath even little off the top seemed good (reminded me of one of the original racial skills we used to have)

This is indeed kinda disappointing.

Templar most certainly does not help you heal. It helps you stay alive at the expense of healing. If you're not dying, go PvE spec all the way.

Clerics have by far the worst pvp soul of all the classes. There are only 3 or 4 things in the whole tree that are any good, and even then, the other classes get the same or better versions of them. Also, the root abilities are HORRIBLE.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by spitfirek View Post
    Clerics have by far the worst pvp soul of all the classes. There are only 3 or 4 things in the whole tree that are any good, and even then, the other classes get the same or better versions of them. Also, the root abilities are HORRIBLE.
    Detaunt is good and for the most part lets you ignore 1 person attacking you.

Soulwalker

Blessing of the Martyr is completely bugged and is basically a perma 15% mitigation to all types of damage. If you're not running it, you should be.

cleric pvp soul is godlike.
    I use my pvp soul for pve healing LMAO.
    A 2 sec cast heal that heals the entire party of 5 for ONLY 100 MANA... is godlike. use it every time its up its so cheap.

also a lot of the buffs on the right side of the tree help mitigate damage. and having EVERY single target heal you cast, heal you for 1/4 and heal another person for half is also VERY boss.

Quote Originally Posted by spitfirek View Post
    This is why I started this thread. I looked at the soul and was kind of like....huh? This is the be all end all of Cleric pvp?

Its seems, from listening to all the responses, that either people like it for a very specified reason, or as I felt, find it to be essentially something that can be treated with disregard if you already have a soul spec that you feel viable playing. On a continuing note, I think this is a problem with the PvP soul itself if its played up by the game to be a big thing but in reality is a tree that we could take or leave. That would be okay with any other soul for cleric because that is the heart of the game, taking and leaving what you wish, but the pvp soul seems to be played up as Trion's version of a "Heroic" class for each profession.

+ Reply to Thread