+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jolt Bug - Proc by right clicking an enemy

Soulwalker

Default Jolt Bug - Proc by right clicking an enemy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGnwUJ-lFGs
    This bug is really easy to reproduce. Just right click on an enemy when you don't have any enemy targeted and Jolt can proc. If you are already targeting an enemy it won't proc even if you keep right clicking different enemies. You will also get dismounted if you don't have an enemy targeted and you right click on an enemy unlike when you are already targeting an enemy before right clicking on one.
    As you can see from of the video I even got Jolt to proc with just one second between the procs. Without actually critting or even hitting anything.

Since it dismounts the player I don't really see many possible exploits for it and it would be a real hassle in a real fight to keep re-targeting the enemy just for jolt proc but it's a bug nonetheless. The only real use might in Warfronts like The Black Garden since you can't even mount in there so you could proc jolt before engaging the enemy if you wanted to.

Telaran

Haha, weird! Maybe you critically targeted something?
    Carule - Cleric
    Officer - Element Zero
    Clerics CAN push 1200+ DPS single!

Yup, I just tested it and I'm getting the same results. That's quite strange but at least it doesn't seem to be useful enough to be exploitable.

I can't edit my post now but I just wanted to add; I was able to get Fated Blow to proc using this method as well.

Plane Touched

I'd assume that whenever you right click, it triggers an auto-attack on the target, but since you're out of range nothing happens. Regardless of this, it still runs the crit check, and if it comes back yes than Jolt procs.

I had this issue as well but when right clicking to harvest ore. Figured it had been ironed out by now (switched servers and started a rogue >.<)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Worm View Post
    I was able to get Fated Blow to proc using this method as well.
    Thanks for testing and proving that it works. What you also found out while testing sounds interesting. I couldn't get Fated Blow to proc but might be because my hit is over 100 so my hits rarely get parried or blocked, maybe the same goes for my clicking.
    It also makes me wonder if other classes can get their reactive abilites to proc in the same way. I can't test that though since I don't have any alts.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbearr View Post
    I'd assume that whenever you right click, it triggers an auto-attack on the target, but since you're out of range nothing happens. Regardless of this, it still runs the crit check, and if it comes back yes than Jolt procs.
    That actually sounds like a plausible explanation so it would only work on reactive abilities that can proc from auto attacks.
    Last edited by Jay Em; 04-23-2011 at 11:25 AM.

I've been reporting this since headstart when I first tested empirically, both Fated Blow and Jolt can proc from merely right-click targeting a mob from any distance.

This is a fairly old bug though. I just gave up reporting it long before patch 1.1

It's not just right clicking that triggers it. Jolt has proc'd from fall damage, equipping a weapon, changing specs(it proc'd as soon as I entered my Shaman spec once), from eating/drinking, from pretty much everything.
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

Telaran

Yea this has been around forever. Anything that can crit triggers shaman abilities as mentioned. I've seen jolt trigger from a ...critical?... harvest from a mining node quite often.

+ Reply to Thread