+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Justicar Tanking Weapon?

Rift Disciple

Default Justicar Tanking Weapon?

What type of a weapon should a cleric be using, some people have told me a 2-Hander for the added SP and damage/threat. Also some ppl have told me 1-Hander + a Shield, but some have said that clerics blocking is messed up somehow? Im not really sure how. Also i think one person said to use a 1-Hander and a Totem. So overall whats the best setup?

Rift Disciple

sword & board

/thread

There is a hard parry cap at 20% and this can be easily attained through mid T1 gearing with the standard sword and shield combo. This negates most of the reason to wield a two-handed weapon beyond the fact that a large portion of the justicar tree is directed at shield mitigation.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by ArkSanju View Post
    There is a hard parry cap at 20% and this can be easily attained through mid T1 gearing with the standard sword and shield combo. This negates most of the reason to wield a two-handed weapon beyond the fact that a large portion of the justicar tree is directed at shield mitigation.
    This.

2-hder tanking is very viable from the mid-20s to mid-40s at least. However, in the end game the lost mitigation and harder hitting mobs make it much harder on your healers. Especially when combined with the parry hard cap making the mitigation difference bigger in favor of the m/b builds.

+ Reply to Thread