+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clerics not able to wear cloth!

Default Clerics not able to wear cloth!

Truth or rumor. Clerics wont be able to wear cloth in 1.2 Patch?

Shadowlander

Not worried about it.

From the cosmetic thing I read, we (all classes) are only allowed to wear what we're "supposed" to wear. Warriors = plate, Clerics = chain, Rogues = leather, Mages = cloth.

If this is true, that's fine. I'd rather wear Chain over cloth regardless. Also if this is true, I hope it's the same for everyone; only wear what we're "supposed" to wear. I understand some leather armor is decent for Warrior DPS seems plate DPS wasn't easy to come by when my group regularly ran together the first couple weeks of release, but again, I've never rolled on Cloth as "Need," and plan on never doing so.

Shield of Telara

I see no changes, its perfectly fine for clerics to roll on cloth if its an upgrade, just like mages can roll on rings and necks if its an upgrade

Rift Disciple

yes, this is a confirmed change. you'll only be able to equip your class's armor

Soulwalker

Correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't carefully read every line of the PTS patch notes, but this change only affects the wardrobe, which has no effect on what you're actually wearing for stats.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vocode View Post
    yes, this is a confirmed change. you'll only be able to equip your class's armor
    I hope this is REALLY not true. Am I supposed to run half-naked when the patch hits live, because half of my gear is cloth?

I saw the wardrobe comment in the patchnote about it, and it is really worrying me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinu View Post
    I hope this is REALLY not true. Am I supposed to run half-naked when the patch hits live, because half of my gear is cloth?

I saw the wardrobe comment in the patchnote about it, and it is really worrying me.
    Well its ONLY mentioned in terms of the wardroe in the patch notes..

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Rift Disciple

WARDROBE SLOTS
    * Wardrobe slots are now available for you to customize your character's look!
    * All characters have access to the first wardrobe set (all armor slots) at level 1.
    * Additional purchaseable wardrobe sets will allow you to save and swap multiple outfits quickly.
    * You can only equip armor in wardrobe slots of the appropriate type for your calling - Plate for Warriors, Leather for Rogues, etc.
    * Additional clothing items will be available in the future, including from new Clothier vendors in Sanctum and Meridian.

^ patch notes
    from how i understand it, wardrobe slots are gear skin sets, so clerics can only equip a wardrobe of chain skins, regardless of the type of armor (leather, cloth) they're actually wearing

Plane Touched

Change is just for wardrobe, stop confusing everyone, including yourself, by saying that they would change a mechanic that would leave half of the end game players without armor.

This will likely never happen

"...But the gods of the Vigil intervened. Their messengers went among the fallen and Ascended the worthy, not for their virtue, but for their MIGHT! In you, they place their faith, their hope and their power. You are our salvation. YOU are a Guardian."

Prophet of Telara

They probably did this so Clerics can't hide in someone's Ground of Strength, making all the enemy players run away in terror thinking they're about to be melted.

Kinda saddens me though, think of all the warriors in full cloth sets running around for the lols!

can anyone confirm if any piece or armor can be equipped to appearance slots as long as its right for you class? so can a rogue put any leather item in one of these slots or will be be limited to specific appearance items only?

Rift Disciple

I don't know how this can be made any more clearer.

WARDROBE SLOTS
    * Wardrobe slots are now available for you to customize your character's look!
    * All characters have access to the first wardrobe set (all armor slots) at level 1.
    * Additional purchaseable wardrobe sets will allow you to save and swap multiple outfits quickly.
    * You can only equip armor in wardrobe slots of the appropriate type for your calling - Plate for Warriors, Leather for Rogues, etc.
    * Additional clothing items will be available in the future, including from new Clothier vendors in Sanctum and Meridian.

+ Reply to Thread