+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solo Elites 30-40

Default Solo Elites 30-40

Whats a good build that will let me complete group quests in this level range solo? I been running an AOE build but Elites tear me up

Soulwalker

Inquis/warden works fine, just keep DoTs up and the slow while spamming water jet. Does not work on elites that are immune to cc, like rift bosses. For those, you would need a Justi/X/X build to kill.

Rift Master

Justicar + Shaman

how high in justicar? i would think enough for 3/3 in devout?
    something like this?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10nre.VxzLzz.Eu0o0xc
    Last edited by sanosuke; 04-22-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    how high in justicar? i would think enough for 3/3 in devout?
    something like this?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10nre.VxzLzz.Eu0o0xc
    Yes but Reparation does not affect the Cleric, I rather take 1/2 Creed for cheaper heals and 3/3 Vengeful Justice for AoE farming.

So something like this @ 30:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10nrG.ced.Euz00ec

Your pretty much done with Justicar at this point and dump the rest into Shaman. You can also move the 3/3 parry into shaman! This is a general build that works well for everything.

If I wanted ti get deeper focus, I'd build a proper tanking role just for elites and another just for farming AoE (AoE farming would go deep Inquisitor with Justicar and Shaman) a PvP spec deeper into Justicar with Jolt and PvE spec lol Need more roles

Soulwalker

I have a cleric in the mid 20's and am new to rift. I use Melkrow's aoe caster build for AOE farming but need something different to solo elites. Would appreciate a few more tips on that justicar+shaman solo elite build - rotation, macros, etc. Do one simply macro all the justicar and shaman instant casts (in decreasing order of cooldowns) onto one key or is there a better way? Does one use a 1h + shield or use a 2h ? Is it just better to go all Justicar ?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by lenkite; 04-23-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Plane Touched

For kitable non casters inq warden(5) sent(extra flowover) works - Inq to 26 AOE build, tools Impede excommunicate, SH, vex and fanaticism.

warden tools , waterjet, crushing wave Hot

Sentinel tools, Life's vengeance, insta heal

to kite you hold down the right mouse button and your D or A key no W - this lets you spam instants out your 6. this also rpevents you being snared by an enemy ranged attack.

single target spammable macro

#show sanction heretic (enables using your fanaticism on CD with SH)
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction heretic
    cast Life's Vengeance
    cast Waterjet

vex it's own key

Knockback Spam macro
    cast impede
    cast crushing wave
    cast excommunicate

applies a snare which has a 1.5 delay enabling a double tap hit to snare and knockback which also enables doing slight circles to control the area needed to kite.

check the macro spelling I didn't.

healing
    vex, warden hot, and healing breath

pull with a fanaticism depravity - followed by a quick single tap of the knockback macro as it flies to target, vex start strafing away spamming single target spammable macro, double tap knockback macro whenever mob gets close. keep vex up.

use heals as needed. I also like to use spiritual deficiency it's a great damage boost on the single target spammable as SH is at +60% damage so 11% damage increase from SH base benefit from it.

Does not work on non cc'able mobs or caster ranged.

In short you can use the aoe inq warden sent build.

Rift Disciple

Inq/Justicar is my favorite way to do this at 50. At 30-40 though, I'd say go 20 points into warden for soothing stream and mix in whatever dps class you like.

+ Reply to Thread