+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Clerics: Is There Anything This Friggin Profession Cant Do?

Shadowlander

Default Clerics: Is There Anything This Friggin Profession Cant Do?

Please tell me theyre getting stealth in the next patch so i can just quit. It is absolutely ridiculous this profession can have great melee, great magic damage, great pvp cc oh an heal endlessly. Id rather fight a thousand pyros than one semi geared out cleric. Well done Trion.

Plane Touched

first off, outside of the justicar spec, clerics cant heal endlessly (like the only class in the game that truely has to manage their power)
    second off, they dont do any of those things you mentioned TOGETHER
    and from everything i have seen, their cc is prolly the weakest out of the 4 classes

i waterjet spam rogues down 1v1. mad?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis Fang View Post
    Please tell me theyre getting stealth in the next patch so i can just quit. It is absolutely ridiculous this profession can have great melee, great magic damage, great pvp cc oh an heal endlessly. Id rather fight a thousand pyros than one semi geared out cleric. Well done Trion.
    In comparison to the other classes that do any of those things, its pretty mediocre.
    Tanking, end game, rogues are better.
    Magic damage, not even the mightiest Cab or Inq can take on Stormcallers or Pyros
    Melee, rogues have us beat not too sure about warriors since they suck balls in just about everything atm.
    And lol@ the CC, every other class have better CC that us + doesnt need to set up to do it
    And Chloros can heal endlessly. Hell justis can heal endlessly in more situations than any healer spec cleric can. Ironic eh?

But its nice to be admired i guess. I personally would rather fight another cleric than a pyro.
    Last edited by Eughe; 04-22-2011 at 09:01 PM.

Shadowlander

they cant run support (people forget this game lists 4 roles, not 3)...

oh... wait... this is a pvp kiddie whine post... nvm...

Rift Disciple

Cleric is jack of all trades, 'master' of none.

However, I have seen some exceptionally masterful clerics, be they dpsing, tanking or healing

I sometimes wonder if all the qq threads on the forums about healing clerics being OP are part of a vast conspiracy to get people to roll them and then actually heal in warfronts. If so, keep it up.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaK View Post
    I sometimes wonder if all the qq threads on the forums about healing clerics being OP are part of a vast conspiracy to get people to roll them and then actually heal in warfronts. If so, keep it up.
    PvP gets ruined when entire teams have enough clerics to heal everyone up; nothing is going to die. Clerics needs to be nerfed if PvP is to ever be balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakuden View Post
    PvP gets ruined when entire teams have enough clerics to heal everyone up; nothing is going to die. Clerics needs to be nerfed if PvP is to ever be balanced.
    This simply isn't true. Even if you could put out infinite healing from a million clerics every gcd, that person still dies to focus fire.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaK View Post
    This simply isn't true. Even if you could put out infinite healing from a million clerics every gcd, that person still dies to focus fire.
    Too obvious that neither of you have met full valor geared people.

Really, with a cleric on them they aren't going to die. It's that simple.
    Last edited by Eorith; 04-23-2011 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Quoted a post that was removed.

I fixed the text for you.
    Clearly you havnt played a healer being all alone among wolves in WF.

PvP gets ruined when entire teams have enough warriors / rogues / mages to dps everyone down;everything is going to die. Dps needs to be nerfed if PvP is to ever be balanced.

Rift Disciple

So you are complaining about there being too many beakers (WTF? Damn auto correct. Healers) in WFs? Alright then, the only solution to this is to remove the healer class from the game altogether
    Last edited by Blarrg; 04-23-2011 at 12:37 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Blarrg View Post
    So you are complaining about there being too many beakers (WTF? Damn auto correct. Healers) in WFs? Alright then, the only solution to this is to remove the healer class from the game altogether
    Yeh it seems that wet dreams of the Op are to have only dpser smashing each other in the face checking who gonna win quicker.

God forbid that Healers actually .. well Heal if left alone doing it ^^
    Lieutenant Gahn Guardian Cleric Purifier-Warden-Templar
    <PANDEMONIUM> Shivermere EU
    Unsubbed

Rift Chaser

Each of the the callings have 3 roles:
    Warrior: dps, tanking, support
    Rogue: dps, tanking, support
    Cleric: dps, tanking, healing
    Mage: dps, healing, support

Next.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarrg View Post
    Cleric is jack of all trades, 'master' of none.

However, I have seen some exceptionally masterful clerics, be they dpsing, tanking or healing
    This is true.

Two of my guildies dueled the other day, one a chloro/lock, the other some cleric build(I think Shaman/justicar mostly) and literally no one could win. It went on for 20 mins before they finally called it.

That pretty much what clerics do, they can't do just one thing any better than another class, but they can do a few things very well, and at the same time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast