+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inquisitor Builds

Qwn

Default Inquisitor Builds

Im having trouble finding a build for ranged dps on my cleric.

I'm a cleric healer- haven't tried any other spec other than healing from Beta until now.

However when farming materials, during rifts where there isn't much need for me to heal and for times when I'm farming plaques in T1's and I could bring someone else to heal instead, Id like to have a dps spec that is stress free, nice and simple, and maybe even fun.

I do not like melee combat. Mostly because I am terrible at it. So this is not an option.

From what I see Cabalist is more aoe. Im looking for single target ranged dps for the most part so Im thinking Inq/Cab/?

I looked around the forums and haven't been able to find any builds for Inquisitor.

I started playing around with the tree and my question for people with Inq builds- would you recommend the full 51 pnts in Inquisitor? What trees are you pairing with it and could some of you link builds (maybe some comments on rotations or macro's? I'm looking for some help out of the gate.

Its great having a max level character you can respec to dps- but not having leveled as a damage dealer I'm at a loss as to where to start since I have so many talent points and no experience with it.

Ive had ranged dps characters in other games and am comfortable with the play style. I'd like to try out a ranged dps spec on my cleric since it is an option -being top of the dps meters is not important for this spec. If I want to hit the top of the chart Ill level a pyro! I do want to carry my weight, not cause trouble and be somewhat self sufficient.

Id appreciate your help Inquisitors! =)
    ~Good Girls are Bad Girls that don't get caught~
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Queen~Qwn ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    ......Cynical Guild~ 10/11 HK~Shatterbone~ PVE........

Quote Originally Posted by Qwn View Post
    Im having trouble finding a build for ranged dps on my cleric.
    I stopped reading right there.
    I looked at the first page of posts on the Cleric forums and there are 5+ threads about ranged dps.
    This thread is a waste of space.

If all else fails...
    L2-use-search-function
    Quote Originally Posted by DSorrow View Post
    So just because this doesn't work like every other game it's bad?
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.
    Level 50 Cleric:Tuskon

Qwn

I used the search function.
    It returned a ton of threads that had no inquisitor builds linked.There were convo's and links to Cabalist builds but not the info I was looking for.

I posted a thread because, well, I wanted to. I didn't find the answer I was looking for and I decided it would be helpful to converse with other experienced Inquisitors and easier than sifting through all the derailed threads and links to builds that werent what I was after.

Afterwards,
    I went to the front page and saw two post's that the search function did not return when I typed Inquisitor- Inquisitor builds

While reading them and opening all the tabs I thought about the post I made and considered deleting it. But wait! You can't delete something or edit something after 5 minutes!

I decided it isn't hurting anyone who does want to discuss it with me and for those that don't they can just move along. Silly me, I forgot about people like you who would be disturbed about it.

Thank you for taking the time to tell me L2-use-search-function it was very helpful of you point out my obvious stupidity, especially helpful when delivered in such a thoughtful fashion. (these you can have back thank you)

You even wasted space for it! That's impressive for someone so concerned about internet space wastage.

RIFT Guide Writer

First page:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ing-Inquisitor

Some of the information needs to be updated, and I am currently working on it. I have been waiting for more testing on Alpha and then the subsequent patch to do a rewrite. However, I plan to keep this guide as updated as possible and it will be rewritten when the patch goes live. Hopefully for now, it will give you an idea on specs and some useful information.
    Last edited by Sokanon; 04-22-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Qwn

Thank you for that post Sokanon- It is extremely helpful.

I was confused by warden and sent being paired with Inq until I read your post's.
    I was leaning towards the Inq/Cab and then 0 point in whatever. Seemed like dps +dps =more dps.
    I hadn't thought outside the box.

Great write up and I appreciate the work you did compiling the math.
    I spend so much time theory crafting heals that I really hoped to find some help with damage specs to help me start off.

I was toggling through some of those options and because Im main purifer/sent build my gear tends to lean a little more towards crit for the bigger tank heals. I wasn't sure whether to put extra points in crit and keep it high or concentrate on more SP- I didnt even think about having the 10pnt in sent for rez and the extra bit of heals it would give. That's a seriously good consideration.

Thanks again.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskon View Post
    I stopped reading right there.
    I looked at the first page of posts on the Cleric forums and there are 5+ threads about ranged dps.
    This thread is a waste of space.

If all else fails...
    L2-use-search-function
    And your post if a waste of space, if you don't like it ignore it prick

RIFT Guide Writer

Np. Here is another post I made concerning some numbers in regards to Inq/Cab vs Inq/Ward:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...sent-cab/page2

On the dummy it appears that Inq/Cab/Sent hits harder, which for normal hits, is true. However, when you crit (and hopefully your crit is decently high), it ends up doing more damage overall.

1) Example Inq/Cab/Sent (51/10/5):
    SH hits 902 initial, 202 normal tick, 334 crit

2) Example Inq/Sent/Ward (51/10/5):
    SH hits 894 initial, 201 normal tick, 383 crit

3) Example Inq/Sent/Cab (51/10/5):
    SH hits 873 initial, 196 normal tick, 373 crit

-SH ticks every 3 seconds, over 15 seconds, total of 5 times. Let's assume 1 out of every 5 ticks is a crit (approximately 20% crit chance).

1 SH cast (non crit initial + subsequent ticks, 1/5 being crit):
    Spec 1: 902 + (202*4) + 335 = 2045
    Spec 2: 894 + (201*4) + 383 = 2081
    Spec 3: 873 + (196*4) + 373 = 2030

What I was able to conclude based on the data, was that 10 points in Sentinel are the make/break of the 51pt Inq builds. The DPS difference between 5pts Cab or 5pts Warden is negligible. HOWEVER, it appears given the post I linked that Vex is minimally effected by the 5% spellpower from Cabalist. Given this information, one can conclude that the 10% instant damage increase provided by Warden, on top of the mobility Waterjet gives you during movement fights, will place this build ahead in a raid environment.
    Last edited by Sokanon; 04-23-2011 at 05:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread