+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cleric tanks, help me please

Rift Disciple

Default cleric tanks, help me please

I tanked a ton leveling up and did well with it.
    then came T1's and I had to heal or dps till i got some toughness.
    as time went on my guild needed healers more than tanks so i ended up healing a ton and getting healing gear.

I've now built my tanking set(full T1 or better) but have yet to build out my essences with anything more than simple stat green essences.
    also im using level 50 blues with +hit for rings and neck, blue crafting tanking hammer and a blue T1 tanking cleric shield.

can anyone suggest some solid tanking essences, rings and necks? next upgrade for weapon and shield?

I'm at around 120 toughness(not including runes) and 115 hit

thanks for any help.
    I've really only been building this on the side and I know not everything is optimal.

Soulwalker

in whitefall in ipp there are really really nice tanking essences for a cleric at the rare planar vendor.
    p.s get the healing trinket from the first boss in kb as it procs from ur salvation heals

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by 5gbrown View Post
    in whitefall in ipp there are really really nice tanking essences for a cleric at the rare planar vendor.
    p.s get the healing trinket from the first boss in kb as it procs from ur salvation heals
    I have a set of 6 of those essences... they are +8 wis, +10 end, +14 block.
    They cost 600 planarite and 2 inscribed sourcestone each.

Plane Walker

The best tanking neck in the game is from first boss in DSM. MH from Gedlo Council in DD. Rings crafted, bound-flame with a Endurance augment. Helm, Last boss in AP. Shield from Smoldaraun in CC (it's blue but better), there is an epic shield from second boss in DSM but it doesn't have block. Blue gloves from CC (cyclorax?) best in game. Blue shoulders from the crabman boss in AP, better/sidegrade from T2 badge. Trinket-"SHoE" from 4th boss in DSM, or an actual tanking trinket from first boss in AP. Grab the rest from T2 badge gear, until you run through T2's all the time and can pick up the dropped "sidegrades".

Try and stay way from dodge and parry. Stack block as much as you can. Parry cap is 20%, and with BiS T2 gear you will hit it. Especially raid buffed you will get like another 5% parry from raid buffs.

I pretty much have BiS T2 gear and a few raid drops, and I think my stats are 10.8k health, 4% dodge, 17.9% parry, 25% block, 217 hit, 10k something armor @60.something% mitigation.

The moto of trion, just because it is blue don't be afraid of it. A lot of BiS or close to BiS are blues from T2's.

+ Reply to Thread