+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AOE low level Questing Multiple Roles

Default AOE low level Questing Multiple Roles

So I love AOE leveling. I loved my Riftblade/Reaver warrior before they fixed that to no longer be a very reliable AOE grinder. Anyway now leveling my cleric I love that there are so many options for AOE leveling. One thing i noticed is most AOE builds on here are for level 50 and there is a nice AOE guide but it only offers a few of the many choices. Anyway just wanted to give my input for mid low-level AOE leveling builds

I find it best to have two builds one for areas with very little to no magic user mobs and one for strictly melee mob areas. This works out best because generally the AOE build that works best I've found in the mid 20's has horrible single target damage making areas with large population of casters a real pain. So here's the builds I found that work well so far

Level 28
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00drG.Vxkb.Eu0ooj
    this is my main one for all melee mobs. I tried the inq/cab and found you take way to much damage between having to cast decay and soul drain. Even with a purifier shield with 5-6 mobs on you that shield is gone fast and you don't have anything else really to protect/heal you. I generally had to drink after every 2 pulls. With this one you still use the shield but also have the doctrines which don't heal for much but can help in a clinch.
    Basic rotation vex 5-7 mobs, soul drain, even justice till soul drain is off cooldown, use shield/doctrines as needed. Very simply and works fine you can use purpose to get mana back but I found its easier to just drink every 4-5+ pulls its faster so I just do that. I also found with this build if i accidentally pull maybe 8 or 9 by mistake I have a better chance to live than the inq/cab.

So for the build for areas with lots of magic users
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00dnj.Vxkb.VxdhkMR
    So if there's magic users in the area i just single them down first and then go to town on the melee's AOE.
    AOE rotation is pull 3-5 with vex, glacier shield, soul drain, avalanche strike till soul drain is back. Normally never need a second soul drain I also macro in the shaman reactives to my AOE and single target macro. Also for your singe target rotation add in sanction heretic from inq it helps. This makes questing through these areas a lot faster as you have decent single target power and pretty good AOE.

Anyway just thought I'd share what i found most useful for lower level AOE grinding

also here's the guide by Melkrow in case you don't like these
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...s-Step-by-Step

Plane Touched

Just strafe pull the pile to the caster and aoe them all down.

For minor rifts with casters use los pulls. and aoe them all down.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrys View Post
    Just strafe pull the pile to the caster and aoe them all down.

For minor rifts with casters use los pulls. and aoe them all down.
    it depends on the area some are too compact with too many casters to do this. It can be done but just find myself dying a lot more..
    Last edited by sanosuke; 04-22-2011 at 05:13 PM.

so nevermind the entire above post I did. I spent about 10 plat in respec's tested everything I could think of from 22-28 this one is the best I've found for level 28
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10drG.VEkbMx0o.Vuz

+ Reply to Thread