+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to get 50 tougness as a tanking cleric?

Rift Disciple

Default How to get 50 tougness as a tanking cleric?

So I like tanking, tanked from lvl 15 till 50.
    Basically skipped all quests and only did instances.

Ive got boots with toughness that dropped in AP or CC
    Then I got legs crafte which have toughness, and ive got a rune on my chest that give me some.
    Now I have 36 toughness, I need to have 50 for t1.

Ok no worries I go heal/dps as cleric to get some toughness drosp in t1.
    But as I understand there does not drop any ?? am I right?

So what I have to do is grind for plaques.
    This I find to be pretty hard .. I have trouble finding a party because most people are locked for the instance I have to do when I have time to do them.

So this leaves me with the option to go to some instance I dont have to go to because I do not need the drops and well hope I can do the daily quest some other time.

suggestion:
    - Let the the daily quest be for any t1 instance there is.
    At least that would make it much easier to do them.
    - Or add some chain toughness drops

In the case I am totally wrong and there are ways to get the 50 toughness please let me know.
    Any tips/advise is welcome.

Rift Disciple

Chain tanking drops were added to all instances in the most recent major patch.

You can heal/dps T1s and buy toughness pieces from the T1 vendor, they have 25 toughness each.

Soulwalker

Get a crafted Hauberk of the Devout. Has 25 base toughness and you can pop a +10 or even +20 toughness rune on it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by akirhol View Post
    Chain tanking drops were added to all instances in the most recent major patch.

Just to be sure: Have those chain tanking drops already been implemented or are they going to be implemented?

Thnx a lot for this info, I look forward again to do some instances.

They were added about 2 weeks ago. Before then the only T1 drop was legs from expert IT.

When i hit 50 during headstart, the only toughness options for us were purely from the plaque vendor =/

Now im sitting at 180 or so toughness.
    Last edited by Quietmode; 04-22-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Struikrover View Post
    Just to be sure: Have those chain tanking drops already been implemented or are they going to be implemented?

Thnx a lot for this info, I look forward again to do some instances.

Yes they have been implemented, but not all of them have toughness on them.

I've also never liked the idea of having to run extra heroic or experts or what ever you are going call you're harder then normal mode dungeons to just get your starter set of gear so that you can run said content as the roll you intended to run as all along. The implementation of new chain tanking items should of also been expanded to any quest that also handed out both plate tanking and DPS rewards.

Rift Disciple

The only pieces that will ever have toughness on them are shoulders, legs, boots and chest. At least I think it's those four... I'm having trouble remembering 100% but I do know there are only four slots with toughness and I believe that it's the same four slots for all classes. I've yet to see a tanking piece in T1/T2 for one of those slots that didn't have toughness.
    Last edited by akirhol; 04-22-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Rift Disciple

Ok problem solved, seems I worried about nothing.
    Did a couple of t1 runs as a healer/dps and dropped toughness items.

Still it worries me a bit that there are so little (only 1 that I know of) in CC/AP.
    Also I could not find any at the quartermasters.
    Have not done quests, but I reckon no tougness items are given there as reward.

Thus, it is not possible equipping for t1 (for tanking) while doing normal CC/AP
    Last edited by Struikrover; 04-23-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Rift Disciple

one piece of gear (except for chest) + hauberk of the devout + toughness rune is enough to get you tanking T1s. hauberk of the devout is a crafted item that any armorsmith with 2 plaques can buy, and with an augment it'd be almost comparable to the T2 chest if it weren't for the latter having 13 more toughness. the rune you'd want is blazing (+15 toughness) or incandescent (+20 toughness) indomitable runeshard

+ Reply to Thread