+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Really? No Justicar changes?

Default Really? No Justicar changes?

Title says it all.

There are ZERO justicar changes in this patch. Justicars are worst tanks. There's no denying this. Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad for the inquisitor changes, but Justicar's issues are major and should not be overlooked.

Void Knight is being changed so that their magic mitigation can match that of a rogues, yet justicars are getting nothing? Come on.
    Hiphop - Cleric
    Nasa - Warrior
    of <Dominance>, Faemist

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Bobopedic View Post
    Title says it all.

There are ZERO justicar changes in this patch. Justicars are worst tanks. There's no denying this. Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad for the inquisitor changes, but Justicar's issues are major and should not be overlooked.

Void Knight is being changed so that their magic mitigation can match that of a rogues, yet justicars are getting nothing? Come on.
    I'll give it one more patch, if Justicar gets overlooked at obvious faults and keep being put on the back burner I'll be real sad (more sad).

Sez

Might want to mention it in that sticky called Cleric 1.2 discussion, or something like that.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Disciple

reminds me of my shaman and druid in pre-cata WoW. Shaman often got no patch notes for the first few weeks of most PTRs. Seems like Trion is treating Clerics the same way - as a class whose only intended job it is to heal.
    Last edited by Vocode; 04-22-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Vocode View Post
    reminds me of my shaman and druid in pre-cata WoW. Shaman often got no patch notes for the first few weeks of most PTRs. Seems like Trion is treating Clerics the same way - as a class whose only intended job it is to heal.
    "WoW", that was an extremely far-fetched and terribly inaccurate parallel.

Did you ever see that movie called "American Pie"?

Because you sound like the chick that says "And this one time, while playing WoW..."
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Telaran

Justicars are incredibly potent defensive wise. Giving them more dps would be a mistake and Trion knows it.

Do you know why there is such a large outcry for Justicar love? Because many people spec them.

Do you know why so many people spec them? Because they are already effective.
    Last edited by corky_aloof; 04-22-2011 at 05:41 PM.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by corky_aloof View Post
    Justicars are incredibly potent defensive wise. Giving them more dps would be a mistake and Trion knows it.
    I'm pleasantly surprised at the Justicar. I started one a few days ago on my new server and have played through the first 20 or so levels with it. It's a rather nice Soul, actually.

It's almost as if you could pick up Sanctum and drop it on a Justicar and they'd just shrug, brush the dust off their shoulders and keep on being Defiant.

'Course, in a rather noobish moment I tried to take on the Endless Nightbringers at level 15. It was. Well. I done gone and died a few times with mace and board. Then went 2-hander, dropped Mien of Leadership for the other one (See how much a newbie I am) and it was a breeze.

Which, yeah. I was dumb. But it highlighted for me how I needed to (a) think a bit more and (b) how strong those Justicars actually are.

Caveat: Up to where I am at the moment. I have no idea what happens to them later.

Plane Walker

Do you know why there is such a large outcry for Justicar love? Because many people spec them.

Do you know why so many people spec them? Because they are already effective.
    WOW, you are missing the point entirely.

No one is asking for more damage.

Justicars get ZERO magic resists, laughable dodge, have Parry hard capped before T1, and marginal block even with all talents spec'd,

Rogue tanks at later levels have practically twice the damage mitigation of a better geared Justicar.

That is what people are talking about, not DPS.
    Last edited by Ellyll; 04-22-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Shadowlander

Blah, nevermind.
    Last edited by SabbathViper; 04-22-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Telaran

Simply speccing 10 points into justicar in an offensive build makes clerics incredibly formidable.
    I love adding justicars to my builds.

Plane Walker

Simply speccing 10 points into justicar in an offensive build makes clerics incredibly formidable.
    I love adding justicars to my builds.
    But that has nothing to do with their viability for L 50 tanking, which is what is wanted by the OP.

I add 12 pts to my cabalist build, and it makes it much less squishy, which is great, but that's a different story.

Soulwalker

Actually, a properly specced Justicar has 22% magic damage reduction.. 15% from the Justi tree, 3% from Shaman, 4% from the Cabalist resist buff. Mind you that one doesn't effect Life or Death resist, but we have a base of 18% magic DR..

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Deathspeaker View Post
    Actually, a properly specced Justicar has 22% magic damage reduction.. 15% from the Justi tree, 3% from Shaman, 4% from the Cabalist resist buff. Mind you that one doesn't effect Life or Death resist, but we have a base of 18% magic DR..
    Well, the 4% elemental resist from cabalist, yes, but the rest is really just across the board damage reduction.

Plane Walker

In other words, compare that to, say, Riftstalker.

They get (at 51 pts) 30% DR from Rift Guard, 6% DR from Exceptional Resilience, AND 5% magic resistance in all categories form Guarded Phase.

That's nearly twice the mitigation.

Plus, they get an additional 30% DR for 10 seconds every 2 minutes, a 10 second damage deferment every 2 minutes, and a 3 second damage annulment every 2 minutes.

Yes, Justicar has a bit of healing even when in Mien of Leadership, and Justis get block, but that doesn't even come close to making up for that level or raw mitigation.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bobopedic View Post
    Title says it all.

What patch are you talking about? the latest two patches has been only hotfixes.

If you are talking about the Cleric Balance Update here: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...5th-April-2011

Please read the two last lines on the OP's post...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast