+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do Healing Planar Essences Stack?

Rift Disciple

Default Do Healing Planar Essences Stack?

hi all forum readers hope you can share you thoughts on my question regarding healing planar essence. I have 2 greater healing planar essences sloted but i noticed that only 1 of them actually works. Both of these essences are suppose to grant additonal healing for x amount of second but it seems only of them works. Should I replace this other essence with one that provides me spell power instead of healing or this will not work either? Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Rift Disciple

What two healing essences are you referring to?

Are they two "green"(as in the color of the essence, not the rarity)? If so, you shouldn't have been able to socket both, as they are Family Unique.
    Never come unarmed to a battle of wits.

The revised 3 commandments:
    1. Thou shall be honest and faithful to the provider of thy nookie.
    2. Thou shall try real hard not to kill anyone, unless they pray to a different invisible man than the one you do.
    3. Thou shall keep thy religion to thyself.
    Thank you George Carlin

Take a look at this patch note in upcoming 1.2.

* Greater Essences that can be equipped simultaneously now stack properly with each other. Previously, a few cases of matching elemental type Greater Essences would sometimes conflict. Now, if you can equip both in the same Focus, you receive the benefits and effects of both Essences.
    * Unique-Equip Families have been removed from most Greater Essences; you should now be able to equip any Greater Essences together. Planar Lenses still share a unique-equip family (you can only have one Lens equipped at a time).

Seems to indicate that they are removing most of the unique restrictions and it's possible that your current setup will work when 1.2 hits. Of course, I could be reading it wrong...and it's still subject to change since it's on test.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by indira View Post
    What two healing essences are you referring to?

Are they two "green"(as in the color of the essence, not the rarity)? If so, you shouldn't have been able to socket both, as they are Family Unique.
    1 is purple that i bought from a rare planar goods vendor and the other is blue. The purp one grants more heals than the blue one though but when i proc all i see the blue one being active.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by fervor View Post
    Take a look at this patch note in upcoming 1.2.

* Greater Essences that can be equipped simultaneously now stack properly with each other. Previously, a few cases of matching elemental type Greater Essences would sometimes conflict. Now, if you can equip both in the same Focus, you receive the benefits and effects of both Essences.
    * Unique-Equip Families have been removed from most Greater Essences; you should now be able to equip any Greater Essences together. Planar Lenses still share a unique-equip family (you can only have one Lens equipped at a time).

Seems to indicate that they are removing most of the unique restrictions and it's possible that your current setup will work when 1.2 hits. Of course, I could be reading it wrong...and it's still subject to change since it's on test.
    first thanks to you both for taking the time to read this. I have not read the update news yet. when is the patch coming out? Anyway, on this note i guess i have yet to wait for the patch to come out be able to tell the difference. Thank you, fervor for pointing out the information above. I will keep this in ming. Peace!!

+ Reply to Thread