+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cabalist spell Sigil of Power bug

Default Cabalist spell Sigil of Power bug

Sigil of power is currently not working as the tooltip describes. It says you get X amount of mana for each Lurking Death charge or for each target hit, whichever is greater. I have hit the max number of targets with Tyranny, the AoE the uses a single Lurking Death charge and hits upto 7 targets, and it only returns 3 hits worth. Has any other cabalists noticed this?
    We all walk a dark path searching for our place in this world. Its the perils that we traverse on our journey that shape our future to live in the light.

"Some of us may do the winning, but we all do the losing it's just who does the choosing." - DMX -- I Can Feel It

Plane Touched

yes i have also noticed this, and it will not hit more than 3 times atm. hopefully a change for 1.2? it is not a great way to get mana back thats for sure :P

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ncash View Post
    yes i have also noticed this, and it will not hit more than 3 times atm. hopefully a change for 1.2? it is not a great way to get mana back thats for sure :P
    With TYRANNY it will return the mana for hitting upto 7 targets, with OBLITERATE it only returns mana once per Lurking Decay consumed (so max 3 times) regardless of how many targets get hit by the Lurking Decays. Youre thinking of Obliterate, which is somewhat buggy and will consume sigils and Lurking Decays even when resisted.

Tyranny is working properly, Obliterate is not.
    Last edited by Warkyd; 04-22-2011 at 06:31 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Warkyd View Post
    With TYRANNY it will return the mana for hitting upto 7 targets, with OBLITERATE it only returns mana once per Lurking Decay consumed (so max 3 times) regardless of how many targets get hit by the Lurking Decays. Youre thinking of Obliterate, which is somewhat buggy and will consume sigils and Lurking Decays even when resisted.

No Sir. The OP is correct. Instead of getting mana return from 7 targets with Tyranny when used in conjunction with sigil of power you get 3 just as you would from using obliterate. It is broken, the OP is not confused. Trion does need to look at this please and thank you.

p.s. thanks for thinking we don't know how to read tooltips bro
    Last edited by Gaxela; 04-22-2011 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaxela View Post
    No Sir. The OP is correct. Instead of getting mana return from 7 targets with Tyranny when used in conjunction with sigil of power you get 3 just as you would from using obliterate. It is broken, the OP is not confused. Trion does need to look at this please and thank you.

p.s. thanks for thinking we don't know how to read tooltips bro
    Step off the huffy bike a moment. It works perfectly fine for me (as it apparently does for Warkyd).

I have some Lurking Decays up, Sigil of Power up, hit a big group with Tyranny and receive up to 7 ticks of mana (if my mana isnt completely filled before the 7th tick hits).

So, Xaendreth, I'm not sure what you are experiencing that others arent. Perhaps there are specific instances you are having this issue? Could you do a simple test of draining all your mana, then gathering up some little mobs in Freemarch to see if you are still having the problem?

Things to watch for:
    1. If you hit Obliterate instead, you will only ever get up to 3 mana ticks (as mentioned before)
    2. Each mob can resist the Tyranny, therefore not giving a mana tick
    3. If the mana ticks put you to full mana, they will not show the additional ticks.
    4. In the past there has been funkiness if the mob dies on the Lurking Decay hit. This was supposed to be fixed (and in my experience was) but maybe watch for that too.

Maybe there's a bug still there somewhere.
    Last edited by SnowyWolf; 04-22-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Soulwalker

the only thing that i can think of that perhaps would cause this to bug or not return as much is if a target dies while your using the aoe with the sigil. ive noticed that if a target dies while using the hp or mp sigil you do not get the corresponding tick. though it is of little consequence if the target dies as you can just sit and eat/drink.

it is primarily buggy with obliterate. otherwise seems to be working just fine.

Tyranny consumes the buff and gives a weak amount even with max targets. I presume it is because it is consuming it on the first hit of tyranny, rather than allowing the next tyranny detonations to further it. The only thing I have noticed is that even with max targets, Obliterate always gives me more. I would never waste it on tyranny. As far as the actual issue causing it, I guess they can look into it and maybe 6 months from now it will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Warkyd View Post

No, it's fine. If I want mana back from ONE target I use Obliterate. If I have a large group of targets in my sights I use Tyranny, simple. If you're lucky to get a large enough group you'll completely refill your mana pool no problem with Tyranny.

Even Obliterate with 3 LDs on a ST will give back a decent return, what's not to love, plus it can be cut to a min and a half cooldown, not to mention Sign of the Asias, so much to love with Sigil of Power, waaaaay better than the ****ty Inq Aggresive butthole renewal mana return.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWolf View Post
    Things to watch for:
    1. If you hit Obliterate instead, you will only ever get up to 3 mana ticks (as mentioned before)
    2. Each mob can resist the Tyranny, therefore not giving a mana tick
    3. If the mana ticks put you to full mana, they will not show the additional ticks.
    4. In the past there has been funkiness if the mob dies on the Lurking Decay hit. This was supposed to be fixed (and in my experience was) but maybe watch for that too.
    I will number my responses though not trying to be rude about my reply.

1. I thought this was the case so when it didn't give me the amount of mana that it should have, I checked the cooldown on Obliterate and it was still active. I checked my Lurking Death charges and I had only used 1.

2. When I first noticed this, I had Shaman as my third soul and the extra damage on a physical hit buff was triggering with those charges so I was seeing way more numbers than what there onscreen cabbage numbers allow. I got rid of that soul and now I am able to see fully the number list. I seen no resists on a group of invasion mobs 2 levels lower than me and still only got 3 hits worth.

3. My mana at the time was at sound 230/1200 and the sigil replenished 149 mana a hit. After the attack, I had about 800 mana. Still enough to keep me going but I have never seen it hit for more than 3 ticks. Thats a lot of resisting if this is the case.

4. It goes of the spells hit amount if using Tyranny and the amount of charges if using Obliterate. The Lurking Death charge killing the target shouldn't affect the sigil hit amount if the power used hits before the Lurking Death charges hit.

I don't mean to shoot down all your tips for trying to resolve this issue I'm having, its just that I have tried and tested this stuff while questing and I am rarely resisted even from mobs 2 levels higher than me. This is the only reason why I posted this thread of it not working correctly. Usually when I use it there are 4 to 5 mobs around and it still only gives 3 hits worth.
    We all walk a dark path searching for our place in this world. Its the perils that we traverse on our journey that shape our future to live in the light.

"Some of us may do the winning, but we all do the losing it's just who does the choosing." - DMX -- I Can Feel It

+ Reply to Thread