+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can 51 warden heal experts?

Champion

Default Can 51 warden heal experts?

Hey clerics. I really like the 51 warden build, especially with the 60%(?) boost to hots. However, I havent healed any experts yet, as i just dinged, and primarily run as melee dps. Non warden clerics all seem to think warden is incapable of healing experts due to burst damage. Intuitively however, it seems as though warden would work well with the shields, alot of instant cast(on the move) hots, multiple stacked hots, and a very strong deluge heal. If you have 4-5 strong hots rolling on a tank, maybe with a buble up, it seems like that would provide a nice cushion giving you time to stop and cast that big heal. But again..at this point it just "seems" that way to me. Plus, I think its my odd fascination in mmo's of trying to run the non-cookie cutter spec and making it work.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by stefe View Post
    Hey clerics. I really like the 51 warden build, especially with the 60%(?) boost to hots. However, I havent healed any experts yet, as i just dinged, and primarily run as melee dps. Non warden clerics all seem to think warden is incapable of healing experts due to burst damage. Intuitively however, it seems as though warden would work well with the shields, alot of instant cast(on the move) hots, multiple stacked hots, and a very strong deluge heal. If you have 4-5 strong hots rolling on a tank, maybe with a buble up, it seems like that would provide a nice cushion giving you time to stop and cast that big heal. But again..at this point it just "seems" that way to me. Plus, I think its my odd fascination in mmo's of trying to run the non-cookie cutter spec and making it work.
    I've solo healed all T1's and some T2's as Warden.

Spike mitigation is fantastic. The key is having a good rotation - do a search to find some.

I run 45/21 to pick up the AE dispel in sentinel. It comes in handy quite often.

Prophet of Telara

yes he can.

is it optimal? not imo, but still quite doable, and i am sure that after me many will come and claim that he is the best for the job and stuff to back up my statement that it is quite doable.

Champion of Telara

warden heals t1 and t2 just handily dandily.

ps, you need a tank who GRABS AGRO ON ALL MOBS, RIGHT AWAY, ALWAYS; hot agro from pug tanks will make you HATE wardenizing.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Telaran

51 warden is very powerful. Don't listen to bad players.
    It works the best if you have some decent gear though, since it relies heavily on that 60% bonus to HoT SP.
    Find an optimal rotation. Use tidal surge + downpour a lot - it's badass.
    Spike mitigation it NOT good. If you suddenly find your tank at 20% HP, your have two options: tidal surge + downpour (if it's up) or tidal surge + deluge. You just have to rely on your superior HPS.

Never had the issue with hot aggro on pulls. Don't run with terrible tanks.

51 warden with the proper rotation = sit back and relax . especially with good gear. But untill you learned your oh **** rotations and normal rotations it can be quite stressfull. I guess its a steap learning curve.

I love tidal surge + 4th soothing stream stack.

4 stacks of ss and a healing spray can be enough to keep your tank alive trough trash mobs. So you can dps aswell.

Its duable with good gear, but if i where you i would have 2 healer builds. One healing build that heavy single target, like a sentinel/purifier build that got boths 3 sec heals talents and tons of save abilities 34/32 or something like that build. There are some bosses (t2) out there that just hit for a insane damages(3-4k), and even thou a warden build can do it, it would need very good gear to pull it off. So dont try and go warden with 800ish spell power on heavy hitting encounters, thats where you should use your sent/puri build.

For everything else the warden build is amazin, there are even some bosses that are far better healing as warden than other build. Bosses that have low damages but lots of aoe or where everyone have to move around etc, and here a warden truly shine.

Its all about knowing the boss your figthing to know what build to use, and i would not go into a expert without boths my builds for they help so must in each there way.
    Asolar SUN

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Iros Styx View Post
    [...]
    4 stacks of ss and a healing spray can be enough to keep your tank alive trough trash mobs. So you can dps aswell.
    The problem with these forums is that you can come across posts like this.

What kind of trash mobs you're talking about man? I'd love to see them.
    T2 trash is vicious and quite often hits harder than bosses. Your should _always_ spam your best rotation on the tank.

There's a 51 pt Warden guide here somewhere - scroll down; it seems to be legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakimou View Post
    The problem with these forums is that you can come across posts like this.

What kind of trash mobs you're talking about man? I'd love to see them.
    T2 trash is vicious and quite often hits harder than bosses. Your should _always_ spam your best rotation on the tank.

Ehm I don't know, but in almost every trash pack t1 and the ocassional t2, 4 stacks ss with tidal surge and healing spray is enough for me. Ofcourse when the tank hits spike damage you can cast deluge (with or without tocuh of light) and rotate with healing current. But a full rotation is really not nscessary all the time. At least for me it isnt.

edit: Im not the problem the men in the white coats told me.... really they said it....
    Last edited by Iros Styx; 04-22-2011 at 05:25 AM.

I tried it on my cleric with 764 spell power in expert KB. It was quite ok keep the tank at close to full life. On the first boss it was ok, but the tank went down to 30-40% life a couple of times and it took some effort to get him back up. The melee dps also died quite quickly (like in 2 hits) and I couldn't save him and without a battle res he stayed dead for the rest of the fight.

Group broke up after that because the tank was arguing with the mage about something, so don't know how it would have gone in the rest of the instance. That was my one sole expert so far to test it on.

It seems to be good for keeping the tank alive, but bad for doing emergency heals on another player who takes big amounts of damage quickly... although in that case they are probably dead anyway.

Soulwalker

Warden is not an easy spec to begin with, if you are new to expert dungeons I'd recommend S/P at first, it is easier to play, you have a lot of "Oh ****" buttons (and **** WILL happen when you are new to expert dungeons).

Warden shines at some fights though, e.g. Scarn in DD is a super easy with warden and absolutely sucks with a S/P spec. Just take 2 healing roles, one S/P or P role for tank only healing, one warden role for AE dmg or movement encounters.

Soulwalker

I'm no expert but I ran GSB as warden the other night and finally did my first full warden e FoLH last night and this is what I found....

Having a tank that picks up ALL mobs in a pull is one of the most important parts of full warden. A stray mob that hits a dps then you toss out a AoE heal and all of a sudden you have 1-2 strays on you. That can get frustrating quickly.

SS and HS are enough at my gear level to keep the tank up through most trash pulls, he was undergeared a bit but I'm at about 950sp right now so that made up for some of it.

Prior to trash or boss pulls use orbs. Singe on tank, AoE on the dps that is constantly attacking the wrong mob........ yes, I had one of those nights last night. This will mitigate some of the threat you take trying to heal that dps back up and gives you a second or two to react.

Healing Showers and Dounpour are amazing when a dps or two walks into boss AoE.

Overall I enjoyed it, it showed me that I am about to make it viable even with people that aren't really paying attention. The one thing I don't like about sent/pur is the lack of AoE healing. In a group like I had last night they would have died much more often had it not been for Healing Showers.

Champion of Telara

If tank spikes REALLY low as warden, deluge and tidal + orbs of stream; usually i'll put orbs of tide on either myself or dps to heal the group if aoe occurs + healing flood instead of spray in usual tank rotation

primary problem wardens get is hot agro, which a good tank will cure. but on tank provided you don't still have only 700 spellpower, will get healed pleeenty with a standard ward rotation (see plethora of threads here on it)
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHellfish View Post
    I'm no expert but I ran GSB as warden the other night and finally did my first full warden e FoLH last night and this is what I found....

Having a tank that picks up ALL mobs in a pull is one of the most important parts of full warden. A stray mob that hits a dps then you toss out a AoE heal and all of a sudden you have 1-2 strays on you. That can get frustrating quickly.

SS and HS are enough at my gear level to keep the tank up through most trash pulls, he was undergeared a bit but I'm at about 950sp right now so that made up for some of it.

Prior to trash or boss pulls use orbs. Singe on tank, AoE on the dps that is constantly attacking the wrong mob........ yes, I had one of those nights last night. This will mitigate some of the threat you take trying to heal that dps back up and gives you a second or two to react.

Healing Showers and Dounpour are amazing when a dps or two walks into boss AoE.

Overall I enjoyed it, it showed me that I am about to make it viable even with people that aren't really paying attention. The one thing I don't like about sent/pur is the lack of AoE healing. In a group like I had last night they would have died much more often had it not been for Healing Showers.
    And when I heal in GSB I generally read a book and press 1 button.

But yeah, pur/sent healing requires group proximity to the tank. Its gotten to the point where if a dps REALLY wants to stand 30 meters from the tank I'll heal him with my battlerez.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast