+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why is Sentinel healing so much easier than Purifier?

Default Why is Sentinel healing so much easier than Purifier?

Seriously, Sent healing is MUCH better than Purifier from my experiences. my main heals in Sent not only hit for more but crit more often, I get a battle rez and a ton of AoE heals.

So what gives? I mean I like Purifier but I find it MUCH harder to heal with that spec than going full Sent (was trying full pur before)
    Vanilla Rift (Cleared) - ToDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 1/4

Telaran

Both full sent and full puri suck. If you want to spam big heals spec 34 puri / 32 sent.

Plane Touched

I haven't healed any worth content yet, but I've been testing a Warden spec. Purifier just felt awkward for me, and I didn't do well at it.

I've still got to set a role to test the Sent/Pur build. I think that would go much better.
    My dungeon experiences and builds as a 2h Cleric tank are posted on my blog. All T1 and most T2 expert dungeons complete.

I've also posted the coordinates for all exploration achievements on my website (redesign in the works): http://tehkrizz.net/RIFT/exploration.php

Prophet of Telara

as a purifier you should crit mroe offen and more consistently, and also have more cooldowns than sentinel.

Sentinel has the pro that he can reduce his casting times though, but without a 3x/3x sent/pur spec this is way random to rely upon for actual raid/t2 healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakimou View Post
    Both full sent and full puri suck. If you want to spam big heals spec 34 puri / 32 sent.
    Would you be able to link a build for that? I'm interested in what you are suggesting here
    Vanilla Rift (Cleared) - ToDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 1/4

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Saeleth View Post
    Would you be able to link a build for that? I'm interested in what you are suggesting here
    Someting like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...czco.E0oE0hdqz
    Double the cooldowns, double the fun.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Saeleth View Post
    i personally use :
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...xzqz.E0Ebbczco

this gives me all the goodies from both words.

with fiery blessing i can chain proc serendipity, i have flashoever+tol for certin instant 3sec cast crit that also is followed by serendipity proc. I have enough cds to rotate as needed. templar soul for break free which is awesome in many fights.

the cookie cutter build is 3x/3x. There are variations that use both HI and ancestral flame (you gain the hot first and keep the shield 3sec up till the hot fades and repeat) or have higher shields or play around with what you want. You have ok aoe healing through surging+divine call+communnion and etc.

the base you should aim is 32sentinel for battle rez and 31 pur for surging, the rest 3points as you see fit.
    Last edited by shroudb; 04-22-2011 at 05:29 AM.

Rift Disciple

32 puri for the wisdom buff, if no one else in your group gives it, is a must IMO. Then it's a choice between HI and RF for your 3 second heal, I prefer RF.
    bird in cage
    bird peck on button to get food
    bird peck on button get food randomly, bird pecks constantly
    They play you like a stupid bird.
    Unfortunately that has been MMO standard operating procedure since EQ.

Default Quick one!

Go 51 Sentinel rest in Purifier. If you can't heal enough for tier2 or Raids you should consider upgrading your gear tbh. You miss alot of healing on the Tank by splitting up to 34/32. This is my experience. And all the shield weirdness in purifier takes a global each time you use em, and you can get just as good shields on Trinket or Essence that fire by them selfs. I really dont like Purifier or Warden for that matter. I think they are to unstable. The math freaks love to spam numbers and all that. But in action it's all different and the 51 Sentinel skill is yum yum when your group is flowing between life and death

I do believe that Purifier is the best one tho if all you gotta heal is the tank and only him....but who does ?

Telaran

I do believe that Purifier is the best one tho if all you gotta heal is the tank and only him....but who does ?
    Anyone mainhealing a tank for greenscale... but honestly that's about it.
    Carule - Cleric
    Officer - Element Zero
    Clerics CAN push 1200+ DPS single!

Rift Disciple

whooops, misread that. I run purifier for all but calyx, caelia, and scarn. I rarely have issues. Surging Flames is more than enough group healing if people are smart enough to stand within 15m of the tank.
    Last edited by Thesitch; 04-22-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Rift Disciple

15 sent/51 puri is a solid tank healing spec. 34 puri/32 sent is a solid all around heal spec and can easily get you through t1 and t2 dungeons (some bosses with an off healer). sent/warden is a group/raid healing spec in case you don't have enough chloro or bard.
    bird in cage
    bird peck on button to get food
    bird peck on button get food randomly, bird pecks constantly
    They play you like a stupid bird.
    Unfortunately that has been MMO standard operating procedure since EQ.

Prophet of Telara

34pur/32 is crazy! It's obviously 34sent/32pur!

For the most part 3x/3x is your only universal option.

Pure sentinel has some very strong Healing Invocations. I think a pure build with standard T2 gear heals for 2.7ish base, including at least 2 procs you're basically getting a minimum 3.1k even if you chain cast and override the HoT.

Pure purifier has a lot of bubbling going on and really, really benefits from the Ancestral Soulstone greater essence. The bubbles actually can provide solid defense even up to T2 per cast, but you're limited on their CDs and Restorative Flame is worse HPS than HI.

The reason 3x/3x is so popular is that you're picking up the main benefits of each: Surging Flame, Latent Blaze, Fiery Blessing, Serendipity, HoT Healing Invocation, Healer's Haste, aoe Dispel, Improved Healer's Breath, Combat Rez, Protect the Flock, Healer's Covenant, plus all the 15 and lower tier stuff.

As long as you're getting more than ~200 HPS worth of benefit out of Purifier it will likely never be worth going pure Sentinel...and Purifier really brings a lot to the table for only 32 points.

Rift Disciple

Phage, when you say RF is less HPS than HI are you including Ancestral Flame's applied shield after all RF's?

I know sitting at almost 1200 sp self buffed I'm shielding after each RF for about 1400-1600.

Quote Originally Posted by VolbeatDK View Post
    I really enjoy full Puri, I actually have 2 51 point Puri specs (one with Templar for pvp, one with Sent for pve).

I'm very comfortable healing in T2 but I always ask for an offhealer all the time. I prefer a 5 man group with less chance of the tank dying but a little less dps output than a 5 man group where you have 3 dps. Generally we run with me plus Bard or Chloro and they do about half the damage a regular dpser would do anyway so it's not that big a hit to overall party dps output (especially considering their buffs).

I can see that 32/34 would allow me to empty my mana pool faster and get higher hps but I do quite like the mana efficiency of deep puri. It costs no mana for me to have shields that are 35% better than you hybrids, it costs you mana however when you cast 2 heals in 3 seconds to my 1.

I think another thing to realise about deep purifier - there's a LOT of shields. Two very significant oh crap shields are gained at 44 and 51 with your passive adding 35%. It's hard for someone who has only tried 32/34 to appreciate just how much that passive applies to.

There's a criticism of Purifier that we're very stationary. This really isn't the case for me as I have a macro with all the instants for healing someone else (plus one for healing me) that I can mash while moving: Healing Breath, shield, various cooldowns, Healing Flare.

If solo healing is important to you then deep Puri isn't your build.
    Guild Leader of Serenity on Bloodiron EU PvP
    I blog at http://stabbedup.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast