+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 1.2 Cleric Patch Notes Discussion

Default 1.2 Cleric Patch Notes Discussion

**Keep in mind that these are only in Alpha at the moment and there will probably be more stuff added. For those of you that want to read the full patch notes (lots of cool stuff coming) they are: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...11-In-Progress

CABALIST
    * Distorted Shadows: Fixed rank 10 to do appropriate amounts of damage.
    * Dark Water: Fixed the damage dealt per tick to match the intended total damage listed on the tooltip.

DRUID
    * Weight of the World: Fixed tooltip to properly indicate that healing is affected as well as damage.
    * Friend of the Weald: Fixed tooltip to indicate that it also affects attack power contribution.

INQUISITOR
    Sanction Heretic: The damage over time portion now has a separate name, Sanction, so it can be differentiated in combat logs.
    * Life and Death Concord: Now has a 6-30% chance to proc and no longer has an internal cooldown. Utilizing the proc now gives Bolt of Depravity a 10 second cooldown after that cast.
    * Armor of Treachery: Now increases Armor and Endurance.
    * Armor of Devotion: Now increases Spell Power and Critical Hit.
    * Armor of Awakening: Now increases spell damage by 5%, critical hit by 5%, and mana regeneration rate by 10%. Increases damage taken by 5%.
    * Aggressive Renewal: Added a tick for a total of 4 intervals, increased the mana restored, and reduced the cooldown to 1 minute.

PURIFIER
    * Ward of the Ancestors: Reduced cooldown to 3 seconds. Ward of the Ancestors cannot be cast again on the same target for 20 seconds.
    * Caregiver's Blessing: No longer triggers the global cooldown.

SENTINEL
    * Word of Hope: Now also increases the spell power bonus of Healing Breath by 2% + 1.5% per point spent in Sentinel above 36.

**No listed changes so far for Justicar, Warden, Shaman,

1. As someone who mostly plays Inquisitor I'm sort of disappointed that there has not been a fix announced for our 44pt useless, crowd control breaking, miniscule damage, shield. I figured it would be the first thing mentioned, even before fixing the armors. It's the worst 44pt talent in the game currently and really needs changed.

2. The armor changes are pretty nice. I especially like the changes to Armor of Awakening.

3. I'm not sure how I feel about the change to Life & Death Concord. On the one hand it will smooth out damage in PvE, but I'm not sure how I will like it in PvP.

4. Aggressive Renewal buff is nice and definitely needed.

Prophet of Telara

no changes for justicars despite being the worst tanks atm. A buff to their magical mitigration as well a fix of some kind to the parry cap is needed imo.

purifier change mostly affects pvp where purifier is already semi-redundant. SP contribution to shields is needed imo. Currenly, even with 20sec cd instead off 30, is a HPS LOSS to use it on the tank unless you have the 50epic shard essence. A soul shouldn't be balanced around an essence. Nerf the essence and buff scaling. Caregiver's change is nice and needed.

no shaman changes despite being subpar mdps soul as a main soul without any kind of utility for end game pve. It should have a dps increase somewhere up high (high so current 31druid/24sham/11inq build that has competitive dps with the rest of mdps classes shouldn't be benefited and become OP).

inq changes are nice, and i hope they bring him up to competitive rdps soul that he was supposed to be.

a druid change to make fairy useful would also be nice but not needed.

sentinel change is /meh. No one is going to go 51points into a tree so an instant heal that heals for 1400raid buffed will heal 1500-1600 with an 8 sec cd.
    Both sentinel and purifier should get a talent that makes their 1.5 and 2sec cast heals competitive with their 3sec cast heals so as to incorporate them in their rotations imo.
    Last edited by shroudb; 04-22-2011 at 04:34 AM.

since armor dosent work in pvp, i would like the defensive armor to read "reduces physical damage taken by 3% and raises endurance by 50" rather than a raise to armor. this way it works for both pvp and pve.

the way it reads now I will never use it, and it will be a toss up between the other two.

Neat changes, looking forward to them
    Vanilla Rift (Cleared) - ToDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 1/4

Champion of Telara

tbh shroud, I don't know if they can buff justicar's magical damage mitigation without breaking them (in a completely unkillable way) in pvp. yeah they could use it but with templar how it is, and new valor changes, you can hit 85+% magic dr pretty easy as a justicar making them insane flag runner/fang holders
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    tbh shroud, I don't know if they can buff justicar's magical damage mitigation without breaking them (in a completely unkillable way) in pvp. yeah they could use it but with templar how it is, and new valor changes, you can hit 85+% magic dr pretty easy as a justicar making them insane flag runner/fang holders
    they could incorporate magical mitigration though precept that is an active buff that requires shield. This way it wont benefit pvp more, since pvp justicars use two-handers. If they play pvp with shield they will be competitive to say a pure warrior tank as a flag carrier, but still vulnerable to cc and stuff.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    they could incorporate magical mitigration though precept that is an active buff that requires shield. This way it wont benefit pvp more, since pvp justicars use two-handers. If they play pvp with shield they will be competitive to say a pure warrior tank as a flag carrier, but still vulnerable to cc and stuff.
    Or you could tone the passive % boosts that all callings pvp souls give. No denying that 15% damage reducion or 15% chance to be crit reduction in pvp is extremely strong when paired with high survivability souls.

Soulwalker

Purifier: Thumbs up.

Sentinel: Pointless, any point beyond 32 in Sentinel is still wasted. 34/32 P/S is _way_ better than a high sentinel spec. Going to 51 Sentinel is terrible.

Inq: Thumbs up.

Justicar: Still misses essential tools for tanking.

Rest: don't care.

Telaran

i think that trion hates clerics Melee

nothing for drood nothing for chaman and nothing justicar...

Telaran

Think they ruin inqusitor's 1v1 burst with that 10sec on Bolt of Depravity. =(

an example of what its like now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJLRTUEH7A8
    Kuds - Cleric

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mannowrath View Post
    1. As someone who mostly plays Inquisitor I'm sort of disappointed that there has not been a fix announced for our 44pt useless, crowd control breaking, miniscule damage, shield. I figured it would be the first thing mentioned, even before fixing the armors. It's the worst 44pt talent in the game currently and really needs changed.
    I once jumped into the middle of a group of about 20 invasions in Stillmoor and survived the encounter. Only reason I survived was that damage shield buff. I wouldn't say it's completely useless, especially in an AoE solo farming build where CC is non-existant anyways.

Shield of Telara

To be perfectly honest. I don't believe the Dev's have listened or even given a rats *** about anyones opinions or suggestions relating to Cleric's, especially Inquisitor.

The so called "patch notes" on Inquisitor are complete dribble. They add a few lines and make it sound really good except it's complete garbage.

So now Life of the Concord has 6-30% chance to proc, instead of 20%.. Ooh.. But oh wait, now it has 10 second cooldown. To be perfectly honest, that is **** and not worth it even more so. -edit- What I also find funny is there is no mention of being on GCD.. Really.. Idiots much?

What a waste of time guys, seriously.

And you really think Armor of Awakening is good by adding in 5% damage and spell crit and making us take 5% damage.. Really..

An armor 32 points into Inquisitor and you give them that. Duh?

I do see quite a lot of good things in the patch notes, don't get me wrong. But I see a LOT of complete dribble with long sentences and lots of nice words to make it "sound" good. Nice try.

I don't believe they even listened to the playerbase, ya know, the people who actually pay them to do this. Without us they have nothing.

Meh, regardless of not being finished yet, I think this patch is a joke and nothing class or PvP wise has really been looked at properly.

Dev's now days are complete idiots to be honest, they seem to only care about money in their pocket and not about the people playing their games.

But hey, I could be wrong.

P.S. I am tired and felt like a whine before bed so I apologise.
    Last edited by Valkorian; 04-22-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Distorted Shadows still probably won't be worth casting.

Is Dark Water receiving a buff or a penalty?

The new armors are interesting. Hopefully the amounts will be similar to the current 3% bonuses now since I don't want to need to get to Awakening to net the same damage. Heard the number 42 floating around, which would be a bit lame as it offers half the crit chance.

Aggressive Renewal just doesn't make sense to me as to why it is flat. Precept of Purpose, Fae Hammer, and Ageless Ice are a percent, a nice easily scaled percent. But Aggressive Renewal and Sigil of Power both have these wicked low base values. It's great Aggressive Renewal is being buffed, but I don't understand why they couldn't just make it a decently high percent and be done with it.

Purifier is definitely my favorite of the three souls, but it doesn't have any scaling. It has one key planar essence, the only way to increase bubble durability. While the base values for the bubbles seem appropriate for T1, they start to seem lackluster in anything hard especially once scaling starts occurring.

Having Ward on a 3/20 second timer will be interesting, but it's still relatively long compared to Sentinel's alternative of Healing Breath on a 8 second timer. Caregiver's Blessing is pretty pathetic since my greater essence procs an effect over 1.5 times stronger at least 6 times per 2 minutes. A greater essence procs more utility than a skill that required 4 soul points... Healer's Blessing still isn't even worth considering points into. Add into the mix that Restorative Flame heals for triple digits less than Healing Invocation AND it costs more soul points (10 vs 6).

Also both Warden and Purifier still appear to be hosed on combat rezes so you're main healer seems to have to be a chloro or a sentinel on many of the T2 bosses that can immediately one shot players.

Shield of Telara

Chloromancer still baffles me as to WHY they even allow mages to have a good healer. I don't care if I get flamed either.

Chloromancer's are completely ******ed. Good idea, yes. How they have been setup though, stupid. Who ever designed or came up with the abilities and spells should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    Chloromancer still baffles me as to WHY they even allow mages to have a good healer. I don't care if I get flamed either.

Chloromancer's are completely ******ed. Good idea, yes. How they have been setup though, stupid. Who ever designed or came up with the abilities and spells should be fired.
    Ever think that maybe some of their spells are double dipping, or "not working as intended" as they call it? Maybe this thread will help.

Anyway, I was a little disappointed that there was no mention of Justicar changes. I've said this before and I'll say it again; change the following:

1) Change Devout Deflection to 50/100/150% (or 75/100/125%) of spellpower to parry AND block - wisdom will always be useful, and we wont have to stack warrior essences.
    2) Change Safe Haven to 1/2/3/4/5% magic reduction while precept of refuge is up. They can even reduce the block % from refuge to 10%.
    3) Change Supremacy to a silence instead of a stun.
    50 Cleric - Silkweb Defiant - <1.21 Gigawatts>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast