+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warden vs Sentinel

Soulwalker

Default Warden vs Sentinel

Currently I'm a lvl 26 Sentinel with a bit of warden and druid in other 2 souls but I'm finding healing the MT in DSM a rather large pain.

I try to keep my HOTs on up tank and end it spamming Healing Invoc nearly nonstop....it doesn't seem to heal for enough for the long casting time it has and if the tank is getting hit too much and my Healer's convent or touch of light are on CD the tank can end up dieing on trash. And that last fight is a nightmare if everyone doesn't do their jobs.

I want something better so I was hoping main soul Warden might be able to sustain the tank thru HOTs and the non-stop direct heals will be limited.

Plane Walker

I'm curious as to what level the tank was.

Also, is anyone else int he party healing at all?

Warden really shines later in the game, from what I have seen, not at that level. If you can't keep the tank alive on trash by spamming HI it almost sounds like a tank issue, tbh.
    Last edited by Ellyll; 04-22-2011 at 12:28 AM.

Warden is not going to be your answer at that level. Purifier might be a bit better, but basically if you are spamming HI nonstop on the tank (even when he's at full but might get hit before the cast lands) and using your cooldowns, you are doing everything you can do. You need either a better tank or a support healer.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyll View Post
    I'm curious as to what level the tank was.

Also, is anyone else int he party healing at all?

Warden really shines later in the game, from what I have seen, not at that level. If you can't keep the tank alive on trash by spamming HI it almost sounds like a tank issue, tbh.
    the few times i've gone so far the tanks always been over my lvl think in the 27-29s

The first time i ran we had 4 druids in the group and all those fairies made the run feel easy. The second time it was just me solo healing a Warrior and he was fairly easy to heal except when the tank got a dot, or curse he would drop super fast if I did clense it ASAP.

Other runs have been mixed, but I've never had a bard other other class in a run that should easy the healing burden.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    Warden is not going to be your answer at that level. Purifier might be a bit better, but basically if you are spamming HI nonstop on the tank (even when he's at full but might get hit before the cast lands) and using your cooldowns, you are doing everything you can do. You need either a better tank or a support healer.
    Also I have been blowing mana pots, used 2 in 1 attempt on that last boss in DSM...not a huge issue I can buy more but should I be using so much mana?

I try to conserve mana only casting the 2 AOE heals I have if its an emergency because they such too much mana

+ Reply to Thread