+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Robocop Healing PvP Spec?

Soulwalker

Default Robocop Healing PvP Spec?

Hey all, what's a good healing spec for pvp that uses a shield? I'm looking for something that has good dmg mitigation but can still also heal well. I assume that Justicar might probably be a part of it, but just looking for some ideas.

Also, as far as mechanics, am I supposed to just click on a player's health bar and then cast the heal spell, or is there a faster way to do it?

Soulwalker

Default same.

same here im struggling to find a solid healing spec for pvp getting owned here lol

Healing specs as a rule do not use shields, as shields add virtually no spellpower.

The "faster way" you're looking for would have to be Mouseover Macros, which I encourage you to look up if you intend to use them. A mouseover macrod heal will be cast on the target your mouse is over, negating the need to click-select them.

While I do not personally use them, I gather that a typical mouseover macro goes something like:

#show Restorative Flame
    cast @mouseover Restorative Flame
    Sparkwing:
    Phasechange
    Goatdude
    Stage
    Battlespork

Search for the Senticar spec, as it has quite a bit of survivability and hybrid healing ability. Also, 51pt warden can give a lot of buttons to press to keep survival, as well as a knockback and an instant cast nuke.

There are quite a few specs here on the forums to fit your needs, if you're willing to dig.

Rockwald
    Defiant Cleric
    Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by PhishXIII View Post
    The problem with Purifier is that a lot of the skills don't really synergize well with other roles, and the shields don't scale with spellpower... you can get the essence to increase the shield value, but then you're burning a greater essence slot just to make them viable. You really have to go 51pt Purifier to get the most of the shields.

Though admittedly, in 1.2 Ward of the Ancestors has a 3 sec cooldown, but puts a debuff on your target so they can't be shielded for 20 seconds. So it's a lot like the WoW priest's Power Word Shield, just without proper scaling.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Stage View Post
    Healing specs as a rule do not use shields, as shields add virtually no spellpower.

The "faster way" you're looking for would have to be Mouseover Macros, which I encourage you to look up if you intend to use them. A mouseover macrod heal will be cast on the target your mouse is over, negating the need to click-select them.

While I do not personally use them, I gather that a typical mouseover macro goes something like:

#show Restorative Flame
    cast @mouseover Restorative Flame
    Okay, thanks for the reply. So I'll most likely be using a mace and offhand spellpower and/or just go with a staff?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
    Okay, thanks for the reply. So I'll most likely be using a mace and offhand spellpower and/or just go with a staff?
    I reckon. If you're going to use melee souls I think you should use a staff, since the melee souls' attacks tend to be modified by weapon damage. If not, then... well, honestly, I just use a staff if I'm not tanking because I don't have a mainhand/totem combo that gives better bonuses than my staff. There's not a lot in it as far as I can tell.
    Sparkwing:
    Phasechange
    Goatdude
    Stage
    Battlespork

I've been very pleased with this one once I've started getting used to it: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...0fszc.AuMo0xck

Key points:

- Play as ranged. Only melee if you're out of mana and mana potion is on cooldown.
    - Make a macro that tries to use your 3 ranged life instants, use it for convictions (banish doesn't work)
    - Use shards of light if all 3 instants are on cooldown.
    - Start out with Doctrine of Loyalty as soon as anyone needs healing
    - Continue building convictions and using DoL, mix in Healing Breath and Lights Touch+HI if one guy is taking substantially faster damage than the rest
    - Don't bother using a casted HI until serendipity procs - 3s cast not gonna happen in PvP
    - Switch to HC spam if you're out of convictions and your team is still taking fast damage. Divine Light first if you need to get serendipity up
    - Dont worry much about who you're attacking, your damage sucks anyway. Building convictions on someone's pet is fine if that's what you tab to first
    - Don't forget to group dispel any time you get a free cooldown without needing to heal or build convictions
    - Carry LOTS of drinks and pots. You can keep a whole team up by yourself, but it's going to dump your mana bar doing it

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    I've been very pleased with this one once I've started getting used to it: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...0fszc.AuMo0xck
    No Walk in the Light?

What is this i don't even..

Shield of Telara
    Last edited by Afyael; 04-22-2011 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wix Teller View Post
    No Walk in the Light?

What is this i don't even..
    It takes your crits from 150% to 170% - a 13.3% increase in HPS on crits ONLY. Now multiply 13.3% by your crit rate on heals and you'll get your actual HPS increase.

My crit is around 17% in PvP gear with that spec - 17% * 13.3% = around 2.3% HPS increase. For 5 points. Less than half a percent per point.

What is math I don't even . . .
    Last edited by Stay; 04-22-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Champion of Telara

29 sent, 24 just, 13 templar

ps, don't use a shield; any players who shield helps vs will just hit you on side/back strafing around you, ignoring shield benefits, and you'll just be short 200 spellpower.

above spec gives you 30-60% mitigation to damage, depending on type and ability procs.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Soulwalker

Default spellpower

the stat screen says spellpower effects spell damage abilities but no reference spellpower effects healing, can someone confirm spellpower in rift does in fact benefit healing? where as crit says all spells.

I use my 51 Warden healing pve spec when I heal in pvp and it works great.

As for survivability, if you're getting banged on by multiple players and have no help, you're going down in any build unless those players @50 suck beyond sucking. I'm not "leet" or anything and I can down a healer 1 on 1 when I'm DPS and 2+ on 1 = ez.

However, 1 on 1, Warden can be fun. You have the highest mobility, so you can run around jumping, dotting etc. Stop for 2 secs, knock your target back and roll a deluge on you and so forth.

Biggest issue is having trouble healing through sudden burst damage, but that can be a problem with any build @50 with the right bursting dpser.
    Rift

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast