+ Reply to Thread

Thread: druid/sham macro help please

Rift Disciple

Default druid/sham macro help please

just what the title says i'm using a 31druid/21 sham/14 inq, need the best macro for melee dps

Telaran

suppressmacrofailures
    cast Jolt
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Glory of the Chosen
    petattack
    petcast Satyr Sweep
    petcast Enraged Assault
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Eruption of Life
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Bombard
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Fervent Strike
    cast Vex

RIFT Fan Site Operator jpoplive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mindara View Post
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Jolt
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Glory of the Chosen
    petattack
    petcast Satyr Sweep
    petcast Enraged Assault
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Eruption of Life
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Bombard
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Fervent Strike
    cast Vex
    I would move the "petcast" up and add "petcast Fury of the Fae". I would also move Glory of the Chosen lower. The reason is if it procs when your other spells are not a GCD it will be used over a DPS spell. I have it last in my macro. If you have points into Brutalize I would move Massive Blow higher as you want the DoT to be up through the whole rotation.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by jpoplive View Post
    I would move the "petcast" up and add "petcast Fury of the Fae". I would also move Glory of the Chosen lower. The reason is if it procs when your other spells are not a GCD it will be used over a DPS spell. I have it last in my macro. If you have points into Brutalize I would move Massive Blow higher as you want the DoT to be up through the whole rotation.
    i thought glory of the chosen was off the GCD

RIFT Fan Site Operator jpoplive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrosamurai View Post
    i thought glory of the chosen was off the GCD
    It is but if there is not a GCD it will use Glory of the Chosen instead of Combined Effort. If you put it lower it will use Combined Effort then while the GCD is on it will use Combined Effort.

Remember the macro chooses what it can do next so if it has the option to do both Combined Effort and Glory of the Chosen it will choose Glory of the Chosen. That could lead to a DPS loss if you are looking to max your DPS output. The DPS loss is not that big so it does not really matter just something I thought I might suggest.

He's just talking about the time between buttonpresses here, not meaningfully significant, but hey, if you're after the best possible DPS macro why not use the one that does about 0.00001% more damage, eh.
    Sparkwing:
    Phasechange
    Goatdude
    Stage
    Battlespork

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Stage View Post
    He's just talking about the time between buttonpresses here, not meaningfully significant, but hey, if you're after the best possible DPS macro why not use the one that does about 0.00001% more damage, eh.
    Wouldn't the best possible DPS macro have your reactives seperate from your main macro? I can actually move my fingers independently and inbetween the keystrokes of each other. I think that makes it 0.000001% more dmg.

Added bonus, i don't feel like/look like the noobish of noobs hammering on 1 key like i've got autism...

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mindara View Post
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Jolt
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Glory of the Chosen
    petattack
    petcast Satyr Sweep
    petcast Enraged Assault
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Eruption of Life
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Bombard
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Fervent Strike
    cast Vex
    I haven't played a druid, but I'm interested in setting up a druid/sham for pvp soon...

what's up with the pet macros? Don't they have auto cast?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Saboth View Post
    I haven't played a druid, but I'm interested in setting up a druid/sham for pvp soon...

what's up with the pet macros? Don't they have auto cast?
    they do, but they sometimes don't cast right away. Sometimes they wait a sec or 2 before they fire them off. This makes them do it immediately.

Prophet of Telara

Jolt
    Fated Blow
    Enraged Assault
    Satyr Sweep
    Glory of the Chosen
    Combined Effort
    Sanction Heretic
    Lightning Hammer
    Eruption of Life
    Bombard
    Massive Blow
    Fury of the Fae
    Fervent Strike
    Vex

Jolt, Fated Blow, Enraged Assault, Satyr Sweep, and Glory of the Chosen are all off the GCD so when you're hitting your macro you can double tap and it shouldn't affect the rest of your line.

Enraged Assault deals more single target DPS than Satyr Sweep so for my ST macro it is first, but I reverse it for my aoe Wild Strike macro.

Combined Effort increases your pet's damage by like 30 damage per attack, so over a 15 second period of time it gives you the most bang for your GCD. Sanction Heretic is your next most efficient spell per GCD, followed by Lightning Hammer and then Eruption of Life. You might want to swap EoL with LH if you don't have Stormborn, but for me LH does more damage and is subsequently higher up on the list. These four spells are basically your DoTs since they deal a lot more damage than the initial hit.

Bombard, Massive Blow, and Fervent Strike are your direct spells in descending damaging order.

Note that I have Fury of the Fae added right after Massive Blow, this generally allows me to recast it every 15~20 seconds without spamming it and potentially preventing an Enraged Assault or Satyr Sweep. FotF takes up a pet's GCD so you don't want it too early on your macro list.

Vex is only present for when I am running in for longer than 2 GCDs or if I don't have line of sight. Vex is actually a pretty solid spell in its own right, but because it has no GCD you can't really mix it into a macro, but there is nothing stopping you from maintaining it on the mob in a separate hotkey.

For aoe I have the typical GCD-less abilities first, swapping Enraged Assault and Satyr Sweep's order, then Combined Effort, and then Wild Strike.

+ Reply to Thread