+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inq/Sent/Warder vs Inq/sent/cab

Default Inq/Sent/Warder vs Inq/sent/cab

I've been running 46/10/10 Inq/Sent/Cab for ever, thinking it was the better ranged DPS setup, but I saw people in the alpha changes thread saying they pull 900 dps+ single target on live currently with Inq/Sent/Warden at 51/10/5. So I changed but I'm parsing less damage on a dummy then before.

Is it a different rotation you wardens are running? How are you getting these numbers?

I'm doing 530 DPS with cab, and 490 dps with Warden. My rotation is:

Spiritual Deficiency > Sanction Heretic (Fanat) > Vex > BoD proc > SoJ

Can any of you please give some insight as to how you're pulling 850+? What rotation are you using? I haven't seen any ranged cleric come close to that. How is taking warden adding so much DPS to your builds?
    Last edited by Umph; 04-21-2011 at 09:52 AM.
    Look to HIM when the skies darken.

Soulwalker

Hello:-)
    Currently inquisitors do most dmg with our instant spells(SH and vex), and wardens tier1 talent Destructive tides provides 10%more dmg to instant casts

Also if you read the "Cleric balance update april 15" thread here on the forums u can see they are boosting death concord, which will in most cases increase your dps (hence the higher numbers in alpha)

Right but, the 850 dps claims are live. I just need advice on rotations, what are you warden 5 point guys using that you see a 200 dps increase right out of the gate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskon View Post
    Try this build the next time you raid and tell me you don't do more than 500-600dps

I went from 700-750 with Inq/Cab/Sent (51/10/5) to that build and watched as my dps went up by ~200.
    I'm in Full T2 with a bit for Raid gear, ~1400sp ~500crit and 211 focus when raid buffed.
    I only got to parse a few shots at Greenscale but i was doing ~925dps when before i was doing 750dps at most on the same fight, doing the same thing.

So yea, i can see how with the changes and a more reliable proc rate on the Insta-cast BoD that our DPS could get to the 1100-1200 point.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on where the 200 dps is coming from. I must be using the wrong rotation. Anyone mind helping me out?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Umph View Post
    Right but, the 850 dps claims are live. I just need advice on rotations, what are you warden 5 point guys using that you see a 200 dps increase right out of the gate?

When Bolt of Depravity procs and crits, AND you get consistent BoD procs -- none of this no bolts for 30 seconds streaks like we do, you can do 770-820 dps going 41/10cab/10sent, but this is TOTALLY dependent on BoD procs! In a typical 5+ min parse 600-640 dps. Also going this route you macro in Fant with your BoD since this build has less of an emphasis on dot damage and more on amplifying crit damage. This build screams crit over spell power -- around 30% (I sit at 27% or so).

Warden's 10% to instant cast spells only works on Vex and Sanction. This route is a spell power over spell crit build.

Now, from a crap load of parses I saw a 17 damage increase (7.2%) in Vex and an 7.3% increase in Sanction going 5w/51i/10s. But I saw a corresponding drop in boj/bod hits. Which basically resulted in a flattening of my DPS.

Rift Disciple

Hopefully someone can shed some light on where the 200 dps is coming from. I must be using the wrong rotation. Anyone mind helping me out?
    Waterjet while moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinu View Post
    Waterjet while moving.
    I parsed 3 rotations with 51/10/5 Inq/Sent/Warden

Basic BoJ rotation:
    Basic: (02:20) | 74633 | 533 | [Umphy]

With lifes vengence casted when it's up:
    With LV: (02:22) | 75217 | 530 | [Umphy]

With lifes vengence and banish:
    Lv + Banish: (02:20) | 76169 | 544 | [Umphy]

Here is my parse as 46/10/10 Inq/Sent/Cab:

Basic:(02:20) | 74633 | 486 | [Umphy-]

With lifes vengence casted when it's up:
    With LV: (02:22) | 73221 | 507 | [Umphy]

With lifes vengence and banish:
    Lv + Banish: (02:20) | 74249 | 498 | [Umphy]

So yes you do get a 10% or so increase with warden but it's not 200 dps. Even with inflation at 1500 SP like you have it would be like 80 dps right?
    Last edited by Umph; 04-21-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Telaran

Nobody is getting 850+ dps self buffed on the boss dummy. Thats more of a raid setting dps figure. If people say otherwise, they are either lying or druid/sham/inq spec.

Since i was asked nicely to post in this thread by its creator i will do so.

My spec

My stats self buffed (no flasks or food)

Cleared GSB tonight with my guild and it was the first time i cleared it using my current build (before i was 51/10/5 Inq/Cab/Sent)

Here are the parses for the bosses

Duke -Nothing but standstill and burn with the strat my guild uses.
    Infiltrator was doing fine until he put 2 bombs in my corner and i got knocked out of bounds and died.
    Oracle Got the debuff once and had to move LoS, otherwise another standstill and burn.
    Hylas Went Druid/Sham/Inq for this one just to mix it up (pet is highlighted as well)
    Greenscale
    AoE on adds and killing Bracken before the last phase

Rotation: SH (with fanat when up) - Vex - BoJ spam (BoD procs come before everything)
    When moving spam Waterjet and keep DoTs up.
    I mostly save the 51pt for adds that need to be stunned or interrupted
    Quote Originally Posted by DSorrow View Post
    So just because this doesn't work like every other game it's bad?
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.
    Level 50 Cleric:Tuskon

Telaran

What Macro's (if any) do you use with this spec?

I love knowing that I am only 2 seconds away doing your role better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by bcl0328 View Post
    I've tried this build before, it doesn't compare to Inq/Sent/Ward for single target. Your build will probably get better AoE numbers but it will be considerably less on single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbeefy View Post
    What Macro's (if any) do you use with this spec?
    You shouldn't really need any macro's for this.
    Personally i only use a SH/Vex macro just because I'm lazy. I guess you could also use a macro for Fanat/SH, but you shouldn't really need any macros for any inquis spec if you have all your hotkeys set up.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSorrow View Post
    So just because this doesn't work like every other game it's bad?
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.
    Level 50 Cleric:Tuskon

Plane Touched

I parsed 3 rotations with 51/10/5 Inq/Sent/Warden

So yes you do get a 10% or so increase with warden but it's not 200 dps. Even with inflation at 1500 SP like you have it would be like 80 dps right?
    Note I don't parse so I'll just ask.

Did you debuf the targets damage taken by 7%. This has a multiplicative impact on +damage off your charachter.

So if you take a SH at +50% + 10% = +60% damage. If you assume a SH base damage of 100 this pushes that damage on your target to 160. 7% of 160 is 11.2 which is 11.2% improvement on your base damage.

So depending on how long you are casting on a target it can be well worth the instantGCD. and 51 inq has more SP = more damage making the 7% improvement a larger value number on the SH and Vex.

At least I'm guessing debuffing target damage is what is playing a role in peoples perceptions. I'm just too lazy to track down a parser and test myself. I do know if I'm casting damage on a target for a decent time period I'm much better off using the debuf to open.

RIFT Guide Writer

Here's some numbers I got earlier:

51/10/5 Inq/Cab/Sent

Sanction Heretic Initial: 902-906 non crit, 1475 crit
    Vex Initial: 197, 335 crit
    SH tick: 202 normal, 334 crit
    Vex tick: 197 normal, 335 crit

51/5/10 Inq/Cab/Sent

SH Initial: 873 normal, 1666 crit
    Vex Initial: 191 normal, 363 crit
    SH tick: 196 normal, 373 crit
    Vex tick: 191 normal, 363 crit

51/5/10 Inq/Ward/Sent

SH initial: 894-899 normal, 1696 crit
    Vex initial: 197 normal, 375 crit
    SH tick: 201 normal, 383 crit
    Vex tick: 197 normal, 375 crit

NOTE:
    -All tests were on the target dummy
    -All tests were completely unbuffed
    -All tests were purely using SH and Vex in these specs, no SD was applied

Conclusions:
    -Vex is unaffected by Stroke of Genius (5%sp, Cab tree) OR Destructive Tide (10% increased instant damage)
    -Sanction Heretic's initial hit is higher (non crit) with 10 points in the Cab tree for 5% sp and 5% dot dmg
    -Subsequent Vex or SH ticks are higher with 10pts in Sent for the 20% increased Crit damage (for a total of 40%)
    -Movement fights favor Warden spec due to Waterjet being spammable during movement
    Last edited by Sokanon; 04-22-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post
    Here's some numbers I got earlier:

51/10/5 Inq/Cab/Sent

Sanction Heretic Initial: 902-906 non crit, 1475 crit
    Vex Initial: 197, 335 crit
    SH tick: 202 normal, 334 crit
    Vex tick: 197 normal, 335 crit

51/5/10 Inq/Cab/Sent

SH Initial: 873 normal, 1666 crit
    Vex Initial: 191 normal, 363 crit
    SH tick: 196 normal, 373 crit
    Vex tick: 191 normal, 363 crit

51/5/10 Inq/Ward/Sent

SH initial: 894-899 normal, 1696 crit
    Vex initial: 197 normal, 375 crit
    SH tick: 201 normal, 383 crit
    Vex tick: 197 normal, 375 crit

NOTE:
    -All tests were on the target dummy
    -All tests were completely unbuffed
    -All tests were purely using SH and Vex in these specs, no SD was applied

Conclusions:
    -Vex is unaffected by Stroke of Genius (5%sp, Cab tree) OR Destructive Tide (10% increased instant damage)
    -Sanction Heretic's initial hit is higher (non crit) with 10 points in the Cab tree for 5% sp and 5% dot dmg
    -Subsequent Vex or SH ticks are higher with 10pts in Sent for the 20% increased Crit damage (for a total of 40%)
    -Movement fights favor Warden spec due to Waterjet being spammable during movement
    Translation:

Hey guys, I'm home schooled and trying to impress everyone, so I hit a target dummy once in each spec and made some "conclusions". Come post on my forums that has only 2 member, and a few plagiarized "guides".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast