I've got my first 50, a Marksman, and it will always be my favorite PvP character. For PvE, I've always enjoyed tanking but I don't like Rogue tanking in this game after trying it out, so I am rolling up a Justicar.

A side note, I don't care if you think Justicars are worthless as tanks. Above all else, it is the PLAYER who makes a tank work - and that's what I am going to do. So don't come in here and tell me to roll a Warrior because they're "better" ... I don't care.

I've read a lot of threads about Justicar tanking but still have a few questions and would appreciate a little feedback.

First, do most endgame Justicar builds go full 51 points for the armor scaling and such? If not, what's a good recommended minimum for points spent in Justicar, and what talents are worth passing over to use in other trees?

When I get to 50, I'm thinking of a build like http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...VuRsVeekRR.Vxz for Purge. Haven't come up with a build without Purge yet, but I'm only lev 25 so I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Second, for threat generation, do you ever use non-Justicar skills? Or can you get by for threat using EJ + Bolt of Radiance + Strike of Judgment ... etc etc etc. Also, does using your healing spells generate an appreciable amount of aggro, or (in a threat generating scenario) is it better to stick with damage?

Thanks in advance for your replies =)

Cheers!