+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How to Macro Cleansing Waters/Curative waters?

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    374

    Default How to Macro Cleansing Waters/Curative waters?

    Cast Curative Waters
    Cast Cleansing Waters

    This only casts curative waters (which is on a 10 second CD) it will not cast cleansing waters at all. Any way I can get this macro to work with Cleansing waters as well?

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaarrj View Post
    Cast Curative Waters
    Cast Cleansing Waters

    This only casts curative waters (which is on a 10 second CD) it will not cast cleansing waters at all. Any way I can get this macro to work with Cleansing waters as well?
    Press once. If curative waters is available it will cast. If it is on cooldown, cleansing waters will cast.

  3. #3
    Champion Nordain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    579

    Default

    Should work.

    #show curative waters
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast curative waters
    cast cleansing waters

    My Livestream
    Mercenary @Mind Trick

    Wait, what?

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordain View Post
    Should work.

    #show curative waters
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast curative waters
    cast cleansing waters
    I use almost the exact same macro, one thing I suggest you change is:

    #show cleansing waters

    If you do not run 5mans in "raid" mode it is VERY hard to track debuffs. Sometimes your only hope is to see cleansing waters "light up" on your bar when your tank/heal recipient is targeted. If you #show curative waters you never see the icon "light up" when a target is debuffed. Otherwise... great macro advice.

    Dax

  5. #5
    Plane Touched DaBigNob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daxer View Post
    I use almost the exact same macro, one thing I suggest you change is:

    #show cleansing waters

    If you do not run 5mans in "raid" mode it is VERY hard to track debuffs. Sometimes your only hope is to see cleansing waters "light up" on your bar when your tank/heal recipient is targeted. If you #show curative waters you never see the icon "light up" when a target is debuffed. Otherwise... great macro advice.

    Dax
    I concur. I've found it to be very difficult to track debuffs and curses. And failure to do so can be catastrophic, especially with expert level boss fights with the debuffs that stack up and explode with a resulting one-shot of the afflicted target that I failed to cleanse in time.

    In an effort to assist the detection of curable debuffs on my teammates, I added an additional action bar to my UI and put Cleansing Waters in it and nothing else. I then bumped up the scale and moved it up to the top of my screen. I don't ever click this action button directly (because everything I use is already key-mapped), but it does serve as a huge glowing neon light that tells me if my target needs a cleanse.

    I often use the f1-f5 keys to quickly cycle through my group, and if that icon lights up... boom... cleansing waters incoming!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts