+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to get 60% block?

Telaran

Default How to get 60% block?

As a cleric tank, this is on my mind a lot. I have many +block planar essence in my focus. I also pick up +block when I can on my equipment. I am just wonder, how do people do it? Can you tell me explicitly? Last night in GS with raid buffs and precept I was at 40%. Thanks.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by DasWood View Post
    As a cleric tank, this is on my mind a lot. I have many +block planar essence in my focus. I also pick up +block when I can on my equipment. I am just wonder, how do people do it? Can you tell me explicitly? Last night in GS with raid buffs and precept I was at 40%. Thanks.
    You roll warrior.

60% block w/ refuge requires 824 block rating (~2750 sp if just using sp-not happening), using a more reachable (with raid buffs and such) 900 sp leaves you needing 454 block from gear and str which is still going to be one heck of a stretch...

This is very interesting. So Clerics can tank too?

What spec do they go? I'm rather curious. I'd love a spec that could tank

(Just rolled a Cleric to try them out)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by JenC View Post

Justicar is the tanking soul, but we are currently subpar at tanking compared to Warrior and Rogue. I've given up on tanking until they fix us, besides off tanking raids since we don't have many 150+ focus/toughness tanks in guild.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by JenC View Post

I tank all of T1 and have tanked xAP with rapid assault. Tanking trash requires initial aggro from AOE so a 51 point Justicar is impossible as my build is, so 49 Justicar so I can get Tyrrany and Dark Harbor is what I use. Thanks to Fuujin for helping me with my soul build.

EDIT: I also healed for a cleric who had some GSB tank gear on and a trinket which allowed him to outheal me on trash . . . He obviously doesn't need Tyrranny to maintain AOE aggro.
    Last edited by DasWood; 04-21-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by bri bates View Post
    You roll warrior.

60% block w/ refuge requires 824 block rating (~2750 sp if just using sp-not happening), using a more reachable (with raid buffs and such) 900 sp leaves you needing 454 block from gear and str which is still going to be one heck of a stretch...
    How do you get 900sp as a tank? My shield is crafted with +block not +wis or +sp and my tank weapon is t1 but 900 seems high for a tank.

I tank all of T1 and have tanked xAP with rapid assault. Tanking trash requires initial aggro from AOE so a 51 point Justicar is impossible as my build is, so 49 Justicar so I can get Tyrrany and Dark Harbor is what I use. Thanks to Fuujin for helping me with my soul build.

EDIT: I also healed for a cleric who had some GSB tank gear on and a trinket which allowed him to outheal me on trash . . . He obviously doesn't need Tyrranny to maintain AOE aggro.
    Everyone gets Rapid Assault AP.

I've heard of people spending three hours in there and still getting it.

My Livestream
    Mercenary @Mind Trick

Wait, what?

Telaran

Rapid assault in AP is bugged, I wish people would stop using this as a gauge to how "good" they are.

+ Reply to Thread