+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Main Healing in upcoming patch: Healers forced to spec 11pts into Inq or go oom?

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    214

    Exclamation Main Healing in upcoming patch: Healers forced to spec 11pts into Inq or go oom?

    Are the rumors true that Clerics are forced to water down their heals and must spec 11pts into Inq to get Aggressive Renewal or continue to go oom?

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurumsolis View Post
    Are the rumors true that Clerics are forced to water down their heals and must spec 11pts into Inq to get Aggressive Renewal or continue to go oom?
    Mana recovery has not changed for clerics in the alpha. The only reason you would go 11 into Aggressive renewal is that it is significantly more effective than before.

    Before: 2min cooldown ~300 a tick 3 ticks.
    Alpha: 1min cooldown, 380 a tick 4 ticks.

    Results in 640 more mana a renewal and useable twice as often. Should cover almost all inquisitor mana woes.

    Healers though were running without the mana recovery from cabalist/inquis and still can... it isn't a mandatory investment if you are good about potion useage and mana management.
    Last edited by orakio; 04-21-2011 at 06:01 AM.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orakio View Post
    Mana recovery has not changed for clerics in the alpha. The only reason you would go 11 into Aggressive renewal is that it is significantly more effective than before.

    Before: 2min cooldown ~300 a tick 3 ticks.
    Alpha: 1min cooldown, 380 a tick 4 ticks.

    Results in 640 more mana a renewal and useable twice as often. Should cover almost all inquisitor mana woes.

    Healers though were running without the mana recovery from cabalist/inquis and still can... it isn't a mandatory investment if you are good about potion useage and mana management.
    It's called Mana Potion, it comes in many containers and different flavors. There is a reason it exists in the game, USE IT!

    If you have mana issues to the point that you need to spec into Agressive Ren. Then you are doing something wrong.

  4. #4
    Sword of Telara Dreyhana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Also how many fights can you sit there and use that if you are main healing?
    If you want to get healed in warfronts, follow the Covenant of Healing:
    1. Stay near your team. Healing spells have a 35m range and you're not the only one who needs healing.
    2. Stay in sight.
    3. Protect your healers.
    4. Be respectful. Telling people they suck will not make them better players or want to help you more.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolei View Post
    It's called Mana Potion, it comes in many containers and different flavors. There is a reason it exists in the game, USE IT!

    If you have mana issues to the point that you need to spec into Agressive Ren. Then you are doing something wrong.
    Hence the last comment. I was outlining the changes to Aggresive Renewal so players who hadn't read it would understand why the OP made his comment but the reality is no healer needs to go into it unless you are stupid about aoe healing.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker diiorio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Inhancements doesnt mean water down, the healign need is becomign the focus at more stable ticks withotu the need of spamming.
    NOTICE:
    I would be glad to give you some cheese with your whine. However there is a milk shortage. All the cows felt sorry for you and cried you a river, and drowned.

    Poor cows.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolei View Post
    If you have mana issues to the point that you need to spec into Agressive Ren. Then you are doing something wrong.
    Or you are running with a group of people that have just started to do the experts and cannot take the mobs down fast enough or the tank doesn't have enough damage mitagation yet.

    In that case it is not a Healer problem. The healer may want to spec into Agressive Regen to help out the team. I have found that it's an awesome tool during those type of fights and use it often.

    I'm sure that once my guildies get better geared I'll be able to drop it, but until then it's gonna stay in my spec.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    175

    Default

    1. Carry a stack of Heroic Mana Tonics (they're cheap, easy to make)
    2. Get your group geared up
    3. Stop using Heroic Mana Tonics on a regular basis

    If you're chain casting single target heals, you should be able to bring yourself down to ~500 mana before chugging a tonic and have your potion cooldown finished before you would need another. Eventually you won't need them at all outside of specific situations such as untimely death and battle rez.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Sharpsmile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Mana only becomes a problem when your grp members dont have good gear. THerefore it takes forever to win a fight and they take a lot damage.

    Just get a decent premade so you could drink between encounters, or have a grp that wont die in 5 secs with no heals.

    Its takes me about 2 sec to get out of combat and i normally gain enough mana before my grp need to be healed again.
    BORING

  10. #10
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orakio View Post
    Hence the last comment. I was outlining the changes to Aggresive Renewal so players who hadn't read it would understand why the OP made his comment but the reality is no healer needs to go into it unless you are stupid about aoe healing.
    I meant to just hit reply, not hit Quote Reply.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,653

    Default

    I go 10 into Inq on half my healing builds anyway.

    The ability to purge nasty things myself, and the crit healing bonus are cool.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Delphya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolei View Post
    It's called Mana Potion, it comes in many containers and different flavors. There is a reason it exists in the game, USE IT!

    If you have mana issues to the point that you need to spec into Agressive Ren. Then you are doing something wrong.
    They would be viable if they lowered the cool down on potions to 1 minute. 3 minutes make potions very unviable as a reliable source of mana recovery.

    Also, they need to fix "being in combat" to be a individual issue, not a group issue. And to remove you from combat 10 seconds after you are not attacked or attacking.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

    Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    63

    Default

    I dunno about you guys, but I haven't found any mana issues what-so-ever with any of the healing builds (except maybe Sent, if you're spamming AoEs). Warden and Puri both I can barely force myself under 90% mana.
    Carule - Cleric
    Officer - Element Zero
    Clerics CAN push 1200+ DPS single!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts