+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warden Suggestion

Soulwalker

Default Warden Suggestion

Hi,
    Warden paired with Sentinel is quite decent, but in my opinion the Warden soul is too weak on is own because the lack of big heals and oh sh*t abilities, the soul also suffer from the amount of crappy abilities that rests in the soul. So Trion could change Warden to perform better in single-target healing, but do clerics really need a third healing soul?

Instead i suggest that Warden could become the Cleric spell mitigation/AoEdot/off heal soul and thus pair great with Justicar, a few of the abilities and skills in the souls could with a some tweaks work good with tanking for example: cleanses, Glassy Reflection, Dissolution, Ebb and Flow, Restorative Tide, Orbs of Stream and Orbs of the Tide. While some AE hots could stay the same to pair with the off heal side of the Justicar soul.

So, any feedback on this idea or is it just a plain stupid since we already gotten used to that Warden = Hot offheal? To me it would make sense that Clerics should have 2 Spell caster dps souls. 2 melee dps souls, 2 healing souls and 2 TANKING souls.

Champion of Telara

As far as raw healing per second goes, warden is untouched not weak. They just lack the plethora of emergency cooldowns sent and purifier offer, and instead just heal for well, a lot.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Weak single target healing? Lack of big heals? A Deluge on top of Healing Spray, 4x Soothing Stream, and Healing Current (which is also a big heal) does a ton of single target healing. Especially if tidal surged.

I don't understand. The game makes you spent points in other souls... so you have access to the Purifier and Sentinel heals / cooldowns.

Shadowlander

During the time it takes to cast 2x HI (6s), a warden can cast deluge twice (which heals for roughly as much as HI does) and healing stream twice, on top of having three HoTs rolling which will heal for almost an entire HI during the time. How's that not big heals? It doesn't lack big heals. It IS the big heals. It lacks "uh oh"-buttons because.. well, it doesn't. Tidal Surge, two seperate orbs on 45s cd and Downpour. On top of having bigger Healing Breath than sentinels; combine it with Tidal Surge for an instant heal as large as a HI).

What the warden soul lacks is a combat rez and a way to make the tank avoid taking damage (not the same as healing). If I could have a combat rez as a 51 warden, the other healing souls wouldn't be used by geared clerics nine times out of ten.. and the tenth being for Healer's Covenant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sputt View Post
    What the warden soul lacks is a combat rez and a way to make the tank avoid taking damage (not the same as healing). If I could have a combat rez as a 51 warden, the other healing souls wouldn't be used by geared clerics nine times out of ten.. and the tenth being for Healer's Covenant.
    Meh! I'm not even allowed to heal in raids since I prefer to play my 50 point warden with no combat res.

Its messed up that you get pigeon-holed into a specific soul for one ability that most people wont let you join without.

"Rehydrate: Rehydrate the body of a fallen ally returning them to life with full mana/energy." Insta-cast, 5 min CD. Replace spell reflect or something with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasq View Post
    Meh! I'm not even allowed to heal in raids since I prefer to play my 50 point warden with no combat res.

Its messed up that you get pigeon-holed into a specific soul for one ability that most people wont let you join without.

"Rehydrate: Rehydrate the body of a fallen ally returning them to life with full mana/energy." Insta-cast, 5 min CD. Replace spell reflect or something with it.
    Your raid is severly gimping themselves. During our RoS across the board our pure Wardens put out ~40% more healing than any other spec. Part of that was gear, part was skill, but any time you see a gap that big there's a lot more to be said.

Wardens ARE the big heals, they just lack utility. Sentinel is the utility king imo.
    Last edited by CericX; 04-21-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Nasq View Post

Your raid is doing it wrong. Warden is the soul for huge healing. You don't want everyone as wardens but some healers should be them.
    Last edited by Brael2; 04-21-2011 at 04:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread