+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stat priority for heals?

Soulwalker

Default Stat priority for heals?

Hey guys, just wondering what priority everyone is placing their stats in for healing. How important is crit compared to SP? Does this vary from say a pur/sent (serendipity) to a full warden build? Or does a healer always focus on the same stats no matter what souls they are using?
    Always looking to improve!
    Thanks for the feedback

Shadowlander

It varies on the things you mentioned but also on play style and preference.

Warden values SP > Crit

while Puri/Sent values Crit > SP but they would benefit from SP just as well.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by malakai2011 View Post
    Hey guys, just wondering what priority everyone is placing their stats in for healing. How important is crit compared to SP? Does this vary from say a pur/sent (serendipity) to a full warden build? Or does a healer always focus on the same stats no matter what souls they are using?
    Always looking to improve!
    Thanks for the feedback
    Personal preference. Some say relying on crit is a dangerous game. Others prefer the 10 mana over the minimal MP10 (over 5 minutes the MP10 from 1 wis > 10 mana from 1 int).

I run 32 warden, 34 sentinal. I value int over wisdom in this build because of 2 skills. First, Serendipity. I do not cast deluge with this build and Serendity feels like it is up all the time. Second, Overflow. Whenever I crit, the next time my target takes damage, they get healed for 150% of my wisdom.

Leaving that aside, I do crit a lot so bigger heals. My hots are critting constantly so the stream of steady heals is solid. Most fights in tier 1 and tier 2 are less than 5 minutes so up front mana > mana regen.

For raids I will probably change builds and my priorities may change at that point (especially if I go purifier).

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by daarknight; 04-21-2011 at 05:41 AM.

Soulwalker

Helps a lot man thx. Right now I'm running 34 pur 32 sent. Restorative Flame build. Gets a little iffy sometimes when serendipity doesn't proc. That's why I was wondering about the crit. I'm still able to heal the t2's I've done no problem. I made a 34 warden 32 sent build I used for the last boss in AP which was nice for the movement. I'm really interested in your warden build without deluge! Can u post it? Thx again for the feedback

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by malakai2011 View Post
    Helps a lot man thx. Right now I'm running 34 pur 32 sent. Restorative Flame build. Gets a little iffy sometimes when serendipity doesn't proc. That's why I was wondering about the crit. I'm still able to heal the t2's I've done no problem. I made a 34 warden 32 sent build I used for the last boss in AP which was nice for the movement. I'm really interested in your warden build without deluge! Can u post it? Thx again for the feedback
    Non-Deluge War/Sent would be more-or-less this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...tRoz.E0e0bstco

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by alanis View Post
    Non-Deluge War/Sent would be more-or-less this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...tRoz.E0e0bstco
    I actually go with http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...tRoz.E0Exdozco
    I skip the hot from HI because when I do need to cast HI, I usually chain cast it so the hot gets overwritten. A lot of trash can be healed through with just the 6 hots and healing breath. If it gets bad, I have healers covenant, instant cast HI that is increased by 80% and healers haste. Glassy reflection is one of my favorite spells. so many times you can use it. I solo heal the 3rd boss in AP because of this and my breakfree if I screw up.

I have no problem keeping a tank up though anything in tier 2 and the AOE healing / mitigation is very good with this build. Losing your Hot stack is not nearly as dangerous as it is in a full warden build. For 5 mans, I highly recommend it.

My stats unbuffed 890 SP, 474 crit rating about 4500 mana.
    Last edited by daarknight; 04-21-2011 at 06:32 AM.

A 51 warden gets the most benefit out of stacking pure spell power. Crit really only matters with serendipity/critical reliant builds.

I'm currently running 34 sent/32 purifier/templar with around 1k spell power and 14% crit and have managed to fully solo heal every T2. I do go 51 warden for scarn and senticar for calyx though.

Quote Originally Posted by daarknight View Post
    I solo heal the 3rd boss in AP because of this and my breakfree if I screw up.
    The crystal guy? You can LoS using the tree stump when he tries to crystal you.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Healix View Post

The crystal guy? You can LoS using the tree stump when he tries to crystal you.
    Makes sense. I will let the other I run with know. I never miss a reflect anyway.

Shadowlander

Since we are on this Stat subject what about things like Runes or any other enhancements for clerics. I just hit 50 over the weekend have gathered up some gear. Usually I am with my rogue friend so I just range dps but now it's time to other builds and such. So please any feedback is welcome as well

Rift Disciple

For the above poster who said that SC is better for purifiers, I have to note that Ancestral Flame is based solely off SP.

I'm a t2 geared Purifier for raid tanking, and my AF shields for 1200+ on my heals.

Telaran

I put my dps cloth set(int/crit) on when I heal as (34/32)Pure/Sent. I lose about 30 spellpower to gain 5% crit. I get about 989 spellpower and 540(21%~) crit self buffed plus the 5% from talents. I hardly even need to use Fiery Blessing now. I've solo healed all but xDM using that soul combination and crit gear. Mana issues aren't too bad, I noticed on heavier aoe fights (Calyx or Caelia) I had trouble, but I just chugged a pot.

I also have a 45/21 Warden build, and I have a spellpower set I use with it. It has like a pathetic 10% crit, but has about 1025 spellpower self buffed. I've actually grown quite fond of the Warden soul as well. It makes a lot of fight snooze fests with Glassy Reflection and smart use of Curative Waters.

I would say deep warden, stack spellpower/wisdom; purifer/sentinel stack crit/int.

Senticar or Deep Purifier I haven't really played much, so can't comment on those.
    Last edited by strive; 04-21-2011 at 09:08 AM.
    Kenrik, 50 Cleric - Guardian

Soulwalker

Default SP

spellpower on the character stat screen has no mention of a bonus to healing, only damage... the offical tooltip states, " spellpower increases damage of magical abilities by #" can someone confirm that spellpower actually effects healing?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by daarknight View Post
    I run 32 warden, 34 sentinal. I value int over wisdom in this build because of 2 skills. First, Serendipity. I do not cast deluge with this build
    A very common build (similar) is used by many of our clerics in raids. However I would like to caution. When Serendipity is *not* up, it is more HPS to use deluge, assuming you have at least 4 HoTs on the target. You should be keeping SS up anyway, I assume. If you've cast an HI recently you have another HoT up, and if you have crystal vine or other trinket or something, that might be a 6th. I never cast HC anymore because I have so many HoTs it's not worth it.

As far as Deluge vs HI though, Deluge when serendipity is up actually ends up being a waste because 1 second of your serendipity is wasted on global cooldown.
    Last edited by NiXXeD; 04-22-2011 at 01:39 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless83 View Post
    spellpower on the character stat screen has no mention of a bonus to healing, only damage... the offical tooltip states, " spellpower increases damage of magical abilities by #" can someone confirm that spellpower actually effects healing?
    Yes, it's very widely known that it works for healing. Also in the 1.2 patch notes they have fixed the tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolei View Post
    It varies on the things you mentioned but also on play style and preference.

Warden values SP > Crit

while Puri/Sent values Crit > SP but they would benefit from SP just as well.
    I think you need to expand on this. It may be true, but you've provided nothing to support you conclusion.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

+ Reply to Thread