+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear question for melee cleric.

Soulwalker

Default Gear question for melee cleric.

I bet this has been asked somewhere already but im new and wondering, got to ask to be sure.

I just recently changed over to melee cleric just to give it a try, and after reading what i can on the shaman/justicar build im up on the part that wis/spellpower increases my atk. But when it comes to choice of weapon im still abit confused. Am i to pick a big old 2h mace with somewhat low dmg at my lvl..for example the one im holding... dmg 35-65, and a bunch of int/wis/spellpower on it.. or do a cleric also benefit from the raw weapon dmg so i could take an pure meleee mace at the same lvl with dmg 67-109 but stats being str/dex on it? or would i suffer to much from not having the spellpower?

Shadowlander

I do not play as a melee dps cleric, so this could be completely untrue, but how I understand the conversion you should have a higher AP then your melee counterparts, partly because of your raw +SP gear and especially your 2hander, so your actual numbers should be in line with traditional str/dex melee dps. I have not actually tested this so I would look in to that. Going for str/dex may actually be better for you, but you would need a completely different set of gear to heal/range dps etc. So you might just need to deal with it /shrug.

Rift Disciple

Due to the passive ability Faith in Action, ALWAYS go for a "caster" weapon, be it a 2 hander or 1hander plus offhand

+ Reply to Thread