+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Satyr pet damage is WAY low

Soulwalker

Default Satyr pet damage is WAY low

Have any other clerics noticed this? I Just tried out my satyr today after going inquisitor for a while and noticed my satyr hits like a wet noodle. For example, tooltip info says satyr sweep hits for 145-150, but in reality its only hitting for 48 or so. Regular melee attacks are incredibly low as well. This is at level 45. I also noticed that it seems to do the reduced damage against death invaders and idols, even level 18 ones in freemarch, but against regular non dead invader bad guys its full strength.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Usrerror View Post
    Have any other clerics noticed this? I Just tried out my satyr today after going inquisitor for a while and noticed my satyr hits like a wet noodle. For example, tooltip info says satyr sweep hits for 145-150, but in reality its only hitting for 48 or so. Regular melee attacks are incredibly low as well. This is at level 45. I also noticed that it seems to do the reduced damage against death invaders and idols, even level 18 ones in freemarch, but against regular non dead invader bad guys its full strength.
    I also tried this on death invaders in Stillmore, level 48. Same problem, the satyr damage is HUGELY reduced.

Plane Touched

Dont really have too much of a problem with this.

If you get the passive skill friend of the weald you are rewarded for going heavily into druid. Personally i think this should be the case, you shouldnt expect a high damage pet for little investment in the tree.

Rage of the fae and combined effort can be added to a rotation quite easily meaning your pet will knock out some decent damage and their is a noticable difference when you keep the satyrs ap buff up on your party at all times.

I think you must rember that the satyr is their to supplement your dps not do all the damage for you.

I play pure a druid with a bit of shamen and find in t1 expert dungeons the satyr will easily knock out 200-300 dps vs trash mobs, you must rember this is ontop of your own dps. With good gear and a good rotation you can push 600-800 dps yourself.. add this to the satyrs dps and thats some heavy damage. If they buff the satyr too much you are going to unbalance things quite badley.

The key to Satyr DPS is controlling him.
    If you're using a 1 button macro like most druids are, make sure to add all his attacks into it (even his 30s buff)
    If you just let your Satyr do whatever he wants he won't use all of his attacks on CD, often going 5-10s without using anything at all. I had a parse where i wasn't controlling my Satyr and he did something like 30dps, after I started controlling him he does ~250dps. Add that on top of my ~750dps in raids and you're putting out a good chunk of damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSorrow View Post
    So just because this doesn't work like every other game it's bad?
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.
    Level 50 Cleric:Tuskon

Soulwalker

Default Satyr damage

Umm... either you kind folks are not actually reading my post or I was very unclear. Its not a matter of "dps" as a result of performance or utilization. Its a straight drop in base damage, for example - against almost any bad guy, satyr sweep hits the target for about 190ish damage. Against the death invaders, it hits for about 40-50 or so. His other attacks are all reduced drastically, including basic melee autoattack. But only against death invaders, and of any level higher OR lower. Against anyone else, he does max damage.

Anyone have any idea why or have a similar discrepancy between death invaders vs anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Usrerror View Post
    Umm... either you kind folks are not actually reading my post or I was very unclear. Its not a matter of "dps" as a result of performance or utilization. Its a straight drop in base damage, for example - against almost any bad guy, satyr sweep hits the target for about 190ish damage. Against the death invaders, it hits for about 40-50 or so. His other attacks are all reduced drastically, including basic melee autoattack. But only against death invaders, and of any level higher OR lower. Against anyone else, he does max damage.

Anyone have any idea why or have a similar discrepancy between death invaders vs anything else?
    This I hope to be bug has been around since beta...and occurs versus many planar beings...and Ive only encountered it happening on planar beings.

+ Reply to Thread