+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleric 1v1 and Ganking

Angry Cleric 1v1 and Ganking

Good day.

Let me start off by saying that I fully expect this thread to dissolve into a flame war between the goody goodies who believe in fair fights and the cutthroat bastards who have a "Red is Dead" policy. Go for it.

However, I do expect to get a bit of advice at the same time. I'm looking for a soul allocation that excels at 1v1 combat. See, I believe in World PvP, even if you have to make some of your own by killing lowbies in towns until their big friends show up.

Before the "lol you can't kill 50s so you kill lowbies" argument happens, let me say that I have a grand healing spec that I top healing (big deal, I know) in warfronts all day long with. Ganking and camping and 1v1-ing in Guardian towns is how I unwind after a long prestige grind.

So, let's bottom line it.

tl:dr version: What is cleric's best 1v1 trio of souls and how would you spend the points? You can give a description if it suits, but if you don't have time for it I'll be trying them all out on level 20s for a while today anyway.

If only I could soul recall to Gloamwood...

Lies! Bourbon always beats you.

Anyway, for the current question - probably some wacky shaman thing with all the crit damage talents. Something like http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Vxdttbcck.Vxzb

Besides the obvious (rage, silence, blow someone up) you'd have offensive and defensive dispels, 2 snares and a charge to help with getting kited, and 3 instant heals (one off the gcd).

Mostly tho, I just can't think of another cleric spec that would have a chance to drop a competent healer 1v1. No mortal strike = silence + huge burst required.

Default Best cleric pvp build period

Pyros, ranged warrs, healers, with this build you can 1v1 them all. I normally 1v3 em and win. Since I am posting it I fully expect incoming rages for the build to be nerfed as soon as a bunch of people pick it up as it should be nerfed, just like pyros, and warrs with 2 abilities off GCD mashed together.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...Vxzwgx0qz.Vuzo

Go now, win all warfronts with this spec, enjoy it for the next 3 weeks before the giant nerf bat comes.

(This is designd for warfronts thus the 11th point in Justicar, if you don't do em, drop it)

Shadowlander

Im sure its a fun spec, but it isnt anything awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuzz View Post
    Im sure its a fun spec, but it isnt anything awesome.
    I also don't see what the 19 points in cabalist are doing for you that they couldn't do better in inquisitor or sentinel.

Quote Originally Posted by Maiska View Post
    Pyros, ranged warrs, healers, with this build you can 1v1 them all. I normally 1v3 em and win. Since I am posting it I fully expect incoming rages for the build to be nerfed as soon as a bunch of people pick it up as it should be nerfed, just like pyros, and warrs with 2 abilities off GCD mashed together.

Go now, win all warfronts with this spec, enjoy it for the next 3 weeks before the giant nerf bat comes.

(This is designd for warfronts thus the 11th point in Justicar, if you don't do em, drop it)
    19 in Cab without Curse of Solitude is not optimal for 1v1. It's a beast of an ability. Almost invariably people will simply ignore it and take the damage.
    Guild Leader of Serenity on Bloodiron EU PvP
    I blog at http://stabbedup.blogspot.com/

tsk tsk, no one understands the almighty...

and why would you want anything in sentinel? more than 30% of your damage is converted to heals plus you have doctrines for instant 1k heals with no CD.
    Last edited by Maiska; 04-20-2011 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    Lies! Bourbon always beats you.
    HAHA, you're right. I just started beating Tdain consistently (that guy is a machine) and Warstry and I got together and he gave me some spec alterations so now we're rather even, but Bourbon....I've beaten him once or twice but the guy is a maniac. I want his weapon.

Thanks all for the input, a lot of those are awesome ideas. Anyone else want to pitch their souls into the mix?

Quote Originally Posted by Maiska View Post

I don't know what drugs this guys on, but it's a terrible spec. Must be fighting gamers from the blind school if he can take all 3 on.

Or thinking about it, he spams soul drain hoping to drop a few people at once, considering the investment he's put into AoE into the cabalist tree, including AoE radius LoL (again killing baddies).

Anyway this is my spec:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...x00s.xLkixtkoz

I'm in love with it. It isn't a zerg spec, and no it can't take 3 on at a time if the other players are decent (but what spec can -.-?) but I have taken 2 on in several situations. Anyway some great healing in it and cc. The dmg debuffs allow for a great breather to heal up when things get tough, mitigates rogue and pyro burst dmg and allows you to survive for much longer so allowing some important cd's to come down. It also allows you to take one player down while having another beat on you.

I don't know the last duel I lost with it, the real problem is necro/warlock mages and evily specced Nightblade rogues. Everything else is pretty ez (even pyro's :O!).
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-21-2011 at 04:46 AM.

Hmmm. I really like that one, just one thing I would do differently.

I don't like Harsh Discipline, I never have. Please correct me if I'm a moron but I hate that it suffers from losing ticks when taking damage. After all, isn't that when you're most likely to use it? Even if you do insist on picking it up, with Impede not having a GCD and macroing it onto your Vex cast, Lethargy seems to be pretty redundant.

Other than that it looks glorious.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    I don't know what drugs this guys on, but it's a terrible spec. Must be fighting gamers from the blind school if he can take all 3 on.

Or thinking about it, he spams soul drain hoping to drop a few people at once, considering the investment he's put into AoE into the cabalist tree, including AoE radius LoL (again killing baddies).

Anyway this is my spec:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...x00s.xLkixtkoz

I'm in love with it. It isn't a zerg spec, and no it can't take 3 on at a time if the other players are decent (but what spec can -.-?) but I have taken 2 on in several situations. Anyway some great healing in it and cc. The dmg debuffs allow for a great breather to heal up when things get tough, mitigates rogue and pyro burst dmg and allows you to survive for much longer so allowing some important cd's to come down. It also allows you to take one player down while having another beat on you.

I don't know the last duel I lost with it, the real problem is necro/warlock mages and evily specced Nightblade rogues. Everything else is pretty ez (even pyro's :O!).
    Pretty cool spec, I've never really looked before now but the damage reduction you get out of templar is pretty darned crazy..

How is it for damage with only 33 points in inquis? Every spec I come up with seems to be something of a glass cannon spec as I can't see past maxing dps, which I understand isnt even the clerics strongest trait..but meh!

Quote Originally Posted by Esplol View Post
    Hmmm. I really like that one, just one thing I would do differently.

I don't like Harsh Discipline, I never have. Please correct me if I'm a moron but I hate that it suffers from losing ticks when taking damage. After all, isn't that when you're most likely to use it? Even if you do insist on picking it up, with Impede not having a GCD and macroing it onto your Vex cast, Lethargy seems to be pretty redundant.

Other than that it looks glorious.
    I thought that originally, but it rarely loses tics, maybe when 3-4 ppl are beating on you, but I notice the channel keeps pretty consistent even when being beat on. I mainly use it after a pushback or at range.

The slow actually stacks with the 30% slow, off gcd we have. So that's a good 60% slow, it pops your health up a little and does more damage than BoJ. Shards of Light actually is a pretty poor move, but its great for finishing ppl off where you don't want to cast, or finishing runners off. Both have similar tooltips, but they are wrong. Harsh Discipline does the damage it says on each tic, while Shards of Light does the damage over the 3 secs like the tooltip suggests.
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-21-2011 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilmz View Post
    Pretty cool spec, I've never really looked before now but the damage reduction you get out of templar is pretty darned crazy..

How is it for damage with only 33 points in inquis? Every spec I come up with seems to be something of a glass cannon spec as I can't see past maxing dps, which I understand isnt even the clerics strongest trait..but meh!
    To be honest I haven't noticed a huge damage reduction in only going for 33 points. I've tried glass cannon before, terrible survival for only a slight increase in damage (and that's predominantly to vex and sanction heretic).

The patch may change this as they propose making pure builds more powerful. We'll see what the damage increase is then, but again, poor survival in PvP.

I tell a lie, I did some retests. On average you lose one of the 3 tics when being beat on in melee from 1 person. I've never lossed more than 1 tics.

I guess me using at range against melee users has not made me realise this. And the last tic only comes right at the end of the channel, so the channel doesn't have to go much faster to miss a tic, it's a little misleading.

In fact the mana drain is a lot more reliable, rarely lost a tic of that.
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-21-2011 at 05:35 AM.

Do you mean Aggressive Renewal? I wish it drained mana lol. Nah, just gives it back to us. As far as I can tell that doesn't suffer ANY reduction from damage at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast