+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Viable to level (solo) as purifier/sentinel/?

Soulwalker

Red face Viable to level (solo) as purifier/sentinel/?

new to the game, I want to heal in groups, and I don't like the ideal of having two roles, so I just want to level as one role for everything: solo/groups/raids etc...

Is it viable to level solo as purifier/sentinel? and what else?
    Also I don't see any capability to sustain mana with these souls, how is this accomplished?
    Any build recommendations?

Thanks for help and guidance

- Sparrow

The role functionality is core to the game, and your 2nd and 3rd roles are very cheap. Do it the right way and make a dps role for leveling, and a healer role if you want to heal groups. Many clerics have each role dedicated to the different group functions: dps, healer, tank, (pvp for 4th role at 50).

Ya, you'll have multiple roles. It's cheap. Just deal with it. They really made no attempt to make it viable to solo as a healbot spec.

Dps specs solo with something more survivable.

Tanks are probably the most viable solo spec but it's slow.

Rift Disciple

Yeah, you can do it.

No it wont be the fastest leveling build, something using druid / inquisitor / shaman or whatever would be a lot faster.

But yes, its doable - just slower.

Soulwalker

Its possible if u dont want to do quests :P just do non stop warfronts/dungeons and u will get there
    that way it is still pretty fast.

Shadowlander

No, it isn't really viable.

Get a dps role, a healing role and a tank role. It costs nothing, you will level quickly and fill any role in a dungeon/rift/invasion.

Plane Touched

Yeah, you pretty much use about the same gear for all cleric specs, except maybe tank?
    So it isn't much of a hassle, 2 sec cast, and it doesn't take mana away.

Champion of Telara

limiting yourself to 1 of 4 roles is just stupid. That's pretty much playing 1/4 of a character; you're meant to switch between roles.

can you level the whole way with a spirit rupture, banish, soul lance rotation? Sure, but why the hell would you want to do that to yourself?
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

I have to agree with what others have said. There really is no reason not to have a dps role, a healing role and a tank role. It makes you a much more rounded character and player.
    Ave Dominus Nox

Plane Touched

I leveled in my sentinal spec. Its slow going but not much gonna kill ya. That said, if I were to do it again... I would probably level in the inq/jus/sent spec

Rift Disciple

I am leveling sent/pur/warden
    things die slow but I'm real hard to kill. I'm 41 now on her and I usually only get to play on the weekend on that toon.

Soulwalker

Thanks for replies.

I'm likely to not do multiple roles, but maybe..need to research more

For sentinel/purifier/? how do you all maintain mana over time? For example, mages get abilities to convert charge to mana, is there something similar for heal spec'd clerics?

Shadowlander

To maintain mana you either burn mana potions or pray the combat ends before you go oom so you can drink. You can take a few points into cabalist or inquisitor to get some mana regen which will help but the time taken to get that mana is time you're putting out 0 heals

Telaran

if all you want to do in this game is heal you're going to be sadly disappointed when/ if you try any raiding and the encounter only needs 1 cleric a chloro and a bard to down it.

shaman and druid both have skills that return mana :

shaman Ageless Ice (14 points)
    and
    Druid - Fae Hammer (10 points)

both require melee attacks

other option is to do a chloromancer with warlock. full chloro for healing with a little warlock to get a life to mana and then a charge to life conversion. Another option is to do chloromancer with Enchanter (They have a charge to mana conversion ability as well at 6 investment points). Though I can't speak to how aweome or bad chloro will be as main healer, though the groups I've been in with a chloro have been good. chloro just seems fun and challenging to me as well....

+ Reply to Thread