+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Healing Class for T2?

Soulwalker

Default Best Healing Class for T2?

Looking for opinions on best healing spec for T2's

Having a bit of an issue with 44 warden 22 sent on boss fights.

Ty
    Prospero

Quote Originally Posted by Pros2011 View Post

Ty
    Prospero
    Pur/Sent 34/32
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...xdoz.EoE00otco

This is the single target healing build I use. It works well for T2 as long as I don't have to hit 3 buttons at the same time. I can heal the tank, the party and decurse everyone, just not at the exact same time. There are one or two bosses in each dungeon where a mage/rogue will have to switch over to help with aoe healing.

I would use a Warden build, but I couldn't stand trying to manage the HoTs with the current UI limitations.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Ascendant

See signature.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Plane Touched

Hi Paikis, love the warden guide you have there.

One thing I haven't found is are there any notable macros that you recommend just in case we need to dodge aoes while spamming heals?

I have actually tried Going 32 pur 32 sent and 2 warden into T1. I haven't had much practice with healing as I have been solo-ing my way through to Level 50 with a Shaman built and find that I can't keep the tank up at the last boss on T1, Konstantine, he gives this huge AOE dmg worth 6k (I think this is new) and with Puri/Sent built there are only 1-3 instant cast healing spells / spells that allow instant casts (which is only 1). As Puri/Sent has casting time, I can't keep up with the heals seeing that for Konstantine you are dodging spikes coming out from the floor as well as from the walls.

Note that I was solo healing (quite noobish) for the first time and there were no off healers and probably what I am training and aiming to better myself with, solo healing
    Last edited by unrl; 04-20-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by unrl View Post

One thing I haven't found is are there any notable macros that you recommend just in case we need to dodge aoes while spamming heals?

I have actually tried Going 32 pur 32 sent and 2 warden into T1. I haven't had much practice with healing as I have been solo-ing my way through to Level 50 with a Shaman built and find that I can't keep the tank up at the last boss on T1, Konstantine, he gives this huge AOE dmg worth 6k (I think this is new) and with Puri/Sent built there are only 1-3 instant cast healing spells / spells that allow instant casts (which is only 1). As Puri/Sent has casting time, I can't keep up with the heals seeing that for Konstantine you are dodging spikes coming out from the floor as well as from the walls.

Note that I was solo healing (quite noobish) for the first time and there were no off healers and probably what I am training and aiming to better myself with, solo healing

Blame the tank, you're not supposed to heal through this. Tank has to kite him around a pillar or so till he stops weaving his weapons.
    Aginor <Faith> - 50 Cleric

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by unrl View Post

Firstly, I don't use macros on the warden spec... there simply is no need for them. I'm sure there are alot of people who macro things together, you'll have to ask them waht they use. I suspect it will be things like touch the light or Tidal surge macro'd with orbs and such.

Secondly, get a better tank. That AoE is not something you can heal through. As the poster above said, you have to kite him around while it's up.

Thirdly, solo healing is something that generally doesn't happen until you out-gear the zone. Even with raid gear, most healers will have a chloro to help them on alot of fights. You can certainly solo-heal trash though, most builds should allow you to do that. Or just do what I've been doing. Go DPS (Inquisitor) with a splash of passive healing (Justicar 11/14) and just go to ton on mobs while the chloro does the healing (and still out-DPSes you /sadface-mostly-joking)
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Krilox View Post
    Blame the tank, you're not supposed to heal through this. Tank has to kite him around a pillar or so till he stops weaving his weapons.
    You can tank it with bend like the reed.

Either way the tank has to be on the ball - and either way, the tank doesnt take any actual damage from it
    Last edited by Obbu; 04-20-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Plane Touched

Thanks guys for the feedback. Am going away in Easter and can't wait to try out that Warden spec, would probably take me awhile to train, never done a full Warden spec before :P

The tank is a good player and we did not have a chloro at that point so we just went with it. One tank, I think two tanks, or rather and me healing with two other DPS. Can't remember but yeah. We didn't expect the patch to buff the last boss that much with such a huge aoe heal. We did a couple of runs to see how we could beat the boss but it was getting late so we decided to give up. Now that I now the tank has to kite the boss, we can probably give it another go. However, it is also my job to follow the tank while dodging those dam spikes because he will definitely run out of sight when kiting.

I think I tried my best considering going into King Breach for the first time, more so, using a healing spec for the first time after 40 levels of leveling to get to 50 haha! Will practice with that Warden built and thanks for the feedback guys

Soulwalker

Considerations:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...tco..Ex0V0tdkz

This is the build I run, and have solo healed some T2s [some require help, AOE heavy fights...but the Purif buff can pick up some of that].

(1) Caregiver's Blessing is terrible. You're better off waiting for the crit or using the GCD elsewhere. Shield worth is still minimal.

(2) Personally, I find Breath is amazing. The same goes for healing flare. A rotation incorporating these two into HI works well, or saving HB for spot heals has def saved my group before. The only tweak I'd consider in my build is dropping Flock for the extra points in spellpower...but I'm running close to 1200 sp self buffed and a quick Communion can provide a few seconds of damage relief. There are arguments out there for picking up the shields and running a HI and 3 sec Purif main heal rotation, but I tried it and didn't really find it worthwhile. Purifier, to me, is weak in so many areas. I even raid heal in this spec [minus Warden on Duke...Downpour is amazing].

(3) I use a 51 point warden build for Calyx and a few other fights. I've hit close to 1300 HPS with support on the fight. The other fight I would consider Warden in is Scarn. [edit: Warden can be dangerous because of playing 'catch up.' If you find the tank low HI may work, deluge may work, but I've found it really struggles in the area of spike damage. I just haven't mastered the soul yet to invest full time.]
    Last edited by Awkward; 04-21-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Awkward View Post
    Considerations:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...tco..Ex0V0tdkz

This is the build I run, and have solo healed some T2s [some require help, AOE heavy fights...but the Purif buff can pick up some of that].

(1) Caregiver's Blessing is terrible. You're better off waiting for the crit or using the GCD elsewhere. Shield worth is still minimal.

(2) Personally, I find Breath is amazing. The same goes for healing flare. A rotation incorporating these two into HI works well, or saving HB for spot heals has def saved my group before. The only tweak I'd consider in my build is dropping Flock for the extra points in spellpower...but I'm running close to 1200 sp self buffed and a quick Communion can provide a few seconds of damage relief. There are arguments out there for picking up the shields and running a HI and 3 sec Purif main heal rotation, but I tried it and didn't really find it worthwhile. Purifier, to me, is weak in so many areas. I even raid heal in this spec [minus Warden on Duke...Downpour is amazing].

(3) I use a 51 point warden build for Calyx and a few other fights. I've hit close to 1300 HPS with support on the fight. The other fight I would consider Warden in is Scarn. [edit: Warden can be dangerous because of playing 'catch up.' If you find the tank low HI may work, deluge may work, but I've found it really struggles in the area of spike damage. I just haven't mastered the soul yet to invest full time.]
    Later Edit: I noticed High Five's build has shard of lights. For the love of god do not follow suit wasting a point in that talent.

There is a reason I log on after people have run with this guy and I receive whispers, "We missed you..."

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    I would use a Warden build, but I couldn't stand trying to manage the HoTs with the current UI limitations.
    My sentiments exactly.

Soulwalker

The S/P specs posted in this thread are - sorry to say - crap. You will be spamming the 3sec heal VERY often, and you need either RF+AF and HI+LI in your spec, or only RF+AF, but don't pick HI+LI alone in a 3x/3x S/P spec. When you spam HI+LI the HoT component is overwritten by itself every 3sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Pros2011 View Post

Ty
    Prospero
    Warden shines on this fight. The spikes aren't bad and the instants are nice while dancing. Solo healing CAN be done on this one with Warden, but your party would have to take care of itself, which is unlikely in most circumstances.

That being said the easiest way to do this for me is to get a bard or chloro to take care of the party and then just pick a spot and stand there ignoring the spikes. 34w\32s makes life very simple. As 35w\31p it was a struggle. Heavy sent might be irritating due to knockback and tank spikes but haven't tried it that way.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by CericX View Post
    Warden shines on this fight. The spikes aren't bad and the instants are nice while dancing. Solo healing CAN be done on this one with Warden, but your party would have to take care of itself, which is unlikely in most circumstances.

That being said the easiest way to do this for me is to get a bard or chloro to take care of the party and then just pick a spot and stand there ignoring the spikes. 34w\32s makes life very simple. As 35w\31p it was a struggle. Heavy sent might be irritating due to knockback and tank spikes but haven't tried it that way.
    My spec is almost as yours and i did fine during Konstantine.During our 1st run we wiped coz the tank was jsut learning the curb of the fight but as we progressed healing the tank was easy. Cerix is right, the spikes are not bad you think. You just need to find a spot in the room, for myself i stand my mid left of the room w/c is by the pillar and watch the white mist coming out of the floor, just strape left and right. When the tank is kiting KOnstantine around the pillar just stay out of his aoe range when you failed to avoid the spike just aoe heal it then go back to your comfortable spot. In our last encounter with Konstantine all of us except the tank, of course, were standing on the same spot and moving all together.
    Last edited by Caenidra; 04-21-2011 at 11:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread