+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Purifier, healing diversity and fun factor - Suggestions inside.

Rift Disciple

Default Purifier, healing diversity and fun factor - Suggestions inside.

This is not a cry for neither buffing or nerfing clerics, but rather a what i'd call a welcome change to the class.

First, the healing souls seems to be in a confused stage, where some elements are neither cake or pie.

51 Purifier.

Supposedly the warding soul. Why isnt the healing mechanic based upon this, like shamen did in EQ2, where their primary source of healing was actually absorbing damage.

What kind of wards do they bring to the table, other than Ward of the Ancestors, which absorbs a shy amount, and is on a 30 seconds cd?

Suggestion:
    Add a 3 sec casting time ward that heals (75% ?) of Restorative Flame. Make it last 10 seconds and have a 8 second CD. The short duration wont be a dealbreaker for PvP.

Result: Adds an element to healing. You know a big hit is hitting the tank in 5 seconds, the Purifier collaborates with the Sentinel to absorb some of the damage, while the Sentinel heals up whats left.

Suggestion 2: Add group wards that have a shared health pool.

Result:
    Purifiers are supposed to be weak on AE's, but strong on wards. This will make absorb damage where its needed.

Also, taking a look at Caregiver's Blessing would be nice.

Suggestion 3:
    Diversity. Add an 1 hour buff that has a replenishing (albeit small) ward to the group.

Result: Makes us unique.
    Aginor <Faith> - 50 Cleric

Rift Disciple

Edit: nvm.. wtb extended editing time :x

The first and really only issue that needs to be solved is casting speed. RF takes too long and HF is too weak to be useful.

HI (plus all the possible cast time modifiers) + HB (8 sec CD) + Healer's Cov is a much better healing option than anything a 51 Purifier can offer.

Having said that, I like Flashover, Enflamed Rejuv and Surging Flames. I just don't like any of the actual heals in the Purifier tree.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-20-2011 at 08:10 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    The first and really only issue that needs to be solved is casting speed. RF takes too long and HF is too weak to be useful.

HI (plus all the possible cast time modifiers) + HB (8 sec CD) + Healer's Cov is a much better healing option than anything a 51 Purifier can offer.

Having said that, I like Flashover, Enflamed Rejuv and Surging Flames. I just don't like any of the actual heals in the Purifier tree.
    I beg to differ, i don't see why a soul that is supposedly based on warding, has to spam regular heals. Especially when we've the sentinels to do exactly that, as you say.

Do we really need a sentinel replica, with a few different whistles and bells?

+ Reply to Thread