+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So...mouseover macros general trouble

Soulwalker

Default So...mouseover macros general trouble

So, recently hit 50 and even though I swore about not going the healingroute (as been healing for many years) I did toy around with some healingbuild to help out in pvp.

My problem is the limited macroslots combined with mouseover-healing and I just need help to manage to bind alt gr (ctrl alt) as my modifier key to get rid of some macros with using 2 spells for 1 slot (example cast healingspell1 cast [modifier] healingspell2) but I can't get it to work. Trying ctrl and alt works as a charm but the game tells me it won't recognize the alt gr. Anyone knows how to macro this?

Other thing about mouseover that I've had trouble with is that sometimes when I try to cast a spell it simply won't and the cursor will start to glow as in "who do you want to cast this on" despite me mousing over the person I try to heal. I have been using mouseovers for a long time on even smaller raidframes than in Rift and never had any trouble with "missing" my targets - so why is it behaving like this and is it something I have missed or doing wrong?

Any help appreciated

Dont know about your alt_gr issues, but the mouseover macro might not work sometimes if you dont target the uppper part of the frame, because the lower part of the frame seems to be used for debuffs and even when theres no debuffs on there, it might fail. Also, dont take this the wrong way, but sometimes you might be out of range of the person your trying to heal? Happens all the time.

Soulwalker

cast [alt] @mouseover spellname

etc

Also to help with cutting down on macros, remember that Rift continues to execute macro lines until it successfully casts spells, so you can list all your spells with cooldowns in priority and even spells you may not have in all specs and the macro will cast the first one available.

So,

suppressmacrofailures
    cast [alt] @mouseover big cooldown1
    cast [alt] @mouseover big cooldown2
    cast [alt] @mouseover big cooldown3
    cast [ctrl] @mouseover groupheal with CD
    cast [ctrl] @mouseover groupheal
    cast [shift[ @mouseover cleanse
    cast @mouseover stock heal

if you use the alt key, it will cast the first big cooldown, unless it is on cooldown, in which case it will cast the second or if both are on cooldown the third. If all three are on cooldown then (unless you have another modifier key pressed) it will skip down to the bottom and cast your stock heal.

Note if you want to use mouse buttons, I have been able to keybind the centre mouse button and buttons 4 and 5 (left and right I couldn't), meaning I can just click on the raidframes.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Apotheosis View Post
    Dont know about your alt_gr issues, but the mouseover macro might not work sometimes if you dont target the uppper part of the frame, because the lower part of the frame seems to be used for debuffs and even when theres no debuffs on there, it might fail. Also, dont take this the wrong way, but sometimes you might be out of range of the person your trying to heal? Happens all the time.
    Yeah, I'm aware that the rangecheck on the frames aint fully accurate so it might have been as simple as not being in range but it works when I try to re-cast but it just takes the double time and well, while in a pinch double the time doesn't really cut it.
    You might be correct about it's only a part of the frames that is activated by the mouseover, will have to re-check this once I get the macro-issue solved (as for now, don't have near enough macroslots since I need to make a mouseover for every single healingspell).

@Lumenbarba

Thanks for the information however these things is not really what I was asking for - using ctrl, alt and shift as a modifier key seems to work fine but alt gr (the alt-key to the right side of the spacebar) doesn't seem to be recognized as a modifier in a macro yet it's fine to keybind it to actionbars as a modifier. I'm lefthanded so I am "forced" to use the rightside of the keyboard and this one modifierkey is the one I can comfortably play with and have been using in other games successfully however in Rift the rightside of the keyboard seems to be pretty disabled in very weird ways (able to keymap some keys with modifier but not without, keys used as modifier works to keybind on actionbars but not in macros). Such a shame as it seems like small problems but with the amount of spells in this game the loss of these things is affecting the gameplay "fun".
    Last edited by hoshlabooh; 04-21-2011 at 03:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread