+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Mein of Leadership" and Doctirnes

Plane Walker

Default "Mein of Leadership" and Doctirnes

Does anyone else find it "off" that this lowers both your non justicar healing taken by 40% AND the healing amount of you justicar healing doctrines by 50%? (Compared to MoH)

I mean, on one hand, it says "you should be healing yourself in this tank mode", and on the other hand, it says "you are not allowed to heal yourself in this tank mode."

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyll View Post
    Does anyone else find it "off" that this lowers both your non justicar healing taken by 40% AND the healing amount of you justicar healing doctrines by 50%? (Compared to MoH)

I mean, on one hand, it says "you should be healing yourself in this tank mode", and on the other hand, it says "you are not allowed to heal yourself in this tank mode."
    OK, so it's actually 33% less healing from doctrines, because it is base, and MoH is 50% more than base, so it's 1 compared to 1.5, but still...

Soulwalker

If you re-read the skill it says "...Reduces all healing done by non-Justicar abilities..." I believe that is where your confusion originated.

If you were to be able to heal at 100% then you would be extraordinarily difficult to kill while being able to heal in a 12 (as that would really be all you would need) Justicar / X Heal Soul / X Heal soul, be close to un-killable, while still being able to pump out the same amount of healing done as someone who has roughly 130% less armor and 90% less endurance than you.

Essentially they feel it balanced for you to be able to use your Justicar heals (which still operate at 100%, losing only the bonus 50% if you were to use MoH).

____

Conversely you could think about the already durable Justicar / Inquisitor build. Having already decent survivability you practically triple the amount of damage you take while being able to do 100% of the damage of your Soul Drain + Fanaticism and the rest of your damage rotation.

That seems a little over the top if you ask me.

Hope that helps.

Plane Walker

OK, I read that wrong. I was mainly self healing, so I didn't notice that.

I still think it's hard to call your justicar healing at 100%, though, as there are only 2 meins and they are semi-permanent once cast.

Justicar isn't a healing soul, it's a tanking soul. Mein of Leadership is used for tanking. Mein of Honor is really only useful with justicar as a support soul to supplement group healing with reparation.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorjon View Post
    Justicar isn't a healing soul, it's a tanking soul. Mein of Leadership is used for tanking. Mein of Honor is really only useful with justicar as a support soul to supplement group healing with reparation.
    MoH is also great for an Inquisitor build. I use 14 point justicar to provide backup heals while Im DPSing, so I run MoH while Im doing that for the heal boost... but mostly for the 50% less threat generated. And I'll point out that even with the 50% less, I STILL pull agro sometimes.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Yeah, it's kinda hard to call it "base" since no one actually uses justicar heals without a mein on. MoH heals are the real base, and MoL nerfs them. Still, the intent is obvious that they don't want you to have the extra stam and armor unless you're actually tanking. And you gotta admit, it works.

I also like 12 or 14 justicar with an inquis spec, and have tried a few sentinel/justicar PvP healing builds, but I don't even have MoL on my bar in anything but tank spec.

+ Reply to Thread