+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mana management for healing clerics

Telaran

Default Mana management for healing clerics

My gf has been having quite a bit of trouble with mana when solohealing 5 mans with her sentinel/purifier build. Note that we are in our low 30's, so I'm not talking about a level 50 build. I noticed that basically all of the cleric souls except the three main heal ones -- sentinel, warden, and purifier -- have great mana management tools. But these three are mainly stuck with the 10% decrease in mana cost from Sentinel and the +10% max mana from warden.

Is it normal to have mana problems, or might we be doing something wrong? Is it worth it to spec like 12ish points into Justicar for the mana regen ability?

She is probably making the big mistake of AOE healing too much. It is not mana efficient and will drain you quickly, especially as sent/puri.

Usually this is the result of people standing in fire, not knowing the encounter, or tanking in crap specs

I wouldnt go into justicar, warden has the cascade ability but its pretty meh.
    Last edited by Fudge; 04-20-2011 at 04:14 PM.
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

Spamming ae heals will run a cleric out of mana way too fast. Bring a bard.

Rift Disciple

Pots are relatively cheap, Drinks are ridiculously cheap for between fights.

Warden gets a small mana regen talent higher up.

As people said before, aoe heals should not be part of your standard rotation, except on a couple of fights, in normal combat you can get by with a few hots/instants on the rest of the group.

Failing all that, a bard can help aoe heals, and at 32/51pt they get a stupidly good mana cost reduction/regen abilities for the party.

If you still run out of mana with all that, something is probably wrong with the rest of the group:

You could consider 10 druid, 12 justicar or 14 shaman in your build to get the melee mana regen talent, but thats not exactly ideal for healbotting, as it means 6+ seconds of no heals at all basically.

Soulwalker

I'm level 31 (warden/purifier). I havent had any problems with running out of mana - like others said the main thing is not to over AOE heal.

Rift Chaser

warden is by the far the most mana friendly out of the three souls...i can't comment on sent/puri pre-50 because i ran straight ward/sent till t1, but warden should not have mana issues unless, like other ppl have said, you're spamming aoe's...

currently, i do run a sent/puri build and a stopcast macro helps alot...and if worse comes to worst and aoe dmg is kicking your ***, let the dps die...i've downed plenty of bosses with only 2~4 ppl left...
    Last edited by Aggrosamurai; 04-21-2011 at 12:36 AM.

Aggressive Renewal from the Inquisitor tree is getting buffed in the next patch (currently on alpha) - CD 1 min from 2, and the mana regen is being significantly increased. Post-patch, Inq 11 may therefore also be an option if fights allow you the time to channel that.

Soulwalker

Heroic Mana Tonic

Get this.
    Its basically like having a 2nd mana bar after your first ones empty.
    Make your Apothecary friends happy and keep your Tanks alive.

with the upcamign ner to their damage abilties, even trion admited its over powered, will come new abilities for mana management, healing, support, and damage to heal abilties.
    NOTICE:
    I would be glad to give you some cheese with your whine. However there is a milk shortage. All the cows felt sorry for you and cried you a river, and drowned.

Poor cows.

+ Reply to Thread