+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting Frustrated

Telaran

Default Getting Frustrated

So I need to know if I am doing something wrong, is it just my server, or is the current state of the game?

I have been 50 for 5 days now, am pretty well geared with 750+ sp. I have been on the /50 channel looking for T1's as healer or dps. No replies. So then groups are lfm for dungeons so I send them a /tell.

I always get "sorry, no more clerics". The most groups want anymore is 1 cleric. I actually get we'd prefer a chloro healer answer a lot too. I have done 1 T1 in the last 5 days and getting frustrated. I feel like if I'm not a mage or warr tank I'm SOL.

This the same for everyone or am I just having bad luck this week?

Sez

Sounds like bad luck.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

I know the feeling, I've had exactly the same problem on my cleric which is my only level 50 character. I've been 50 since Sunday and haven't had a single T1 run, no one is interested in clerics as pugs. All I see is tank + healer combos LFG or a groups looking for chloromancers.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lasica View Post
    I know the feeling, I've had exactly the same problem on my cleric which is my only level 50 character. I've been 50 since Sunday and haven't had a single T1 run, no one is interested in clerics as pugs. All I see is tank + healer combos LFG or a groups looking for chloromancers.
    Exactly. The only T1 I have done was when my tank friend was on. Of course we have no problem taking anyone with us even 3 cleric dps. I feel like the min/max thing is killing us clerics.

It happens quite often that I run with 2 other clerics in my group, clerics can heal, tank and dps well and should never be excluded. I have no trouble finding groups for either T1's or T2's but I dont know if it is because I am well geared or not seeing as I have been running dungeons for several weeks now.

If you are having that much of an issue finding a group, then make your own. As you gear up it becomes much easier to make groups because as a cleric, you will always be able to fill one needed role.
    A Justicar's path is not one of ease. But, hey, we do get to hit stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeFS View Post
    If you are having that much of an issue finding a group, then make your own. As you gear up it becomes much easier to make groups because as a cleric, you will always be able to fill one needed role.
    Pretty much this. Ask a rogue or warrior friend to tank for you. It's not that hard to strap on 50 toughness . And finding DPS is easy. Try finding a guild with enough lvl 50s. Join a skype/mumble chat ( at least with the tank ) and make things easier. Our guild had only 2 tanks and 1 was not that active. One of the rogue DPSers was pissed off cause he was never getting a group and asked for a bit of help - craftable toughness stuff. Very fast, we were walking in DD. Now he is maintanking alot of the content and doing 3-4 T2/day and just happy he gets to do stuff instead of just waiting 3-4 hours to get a group.

You must have 1 rogue/warr/cleric friend that wants to tank to get things done.
    Last edited by Shaynaro; 04-21-2011 at 02:30 AM.

Plane Touched

If people are demanding certain classes for T1's they are most likely not the best parties anyhow.

Once you get used to t1's pretty much any mix of classes will enable you to complete them (obviously you need some for of tank and healer)

Clerics got a bad press with people spouting crap like:

"Cleric dps sucks yayaya"
    "Chloros heal better than clerics"

All this is rubbish mate and most people on our shard are starting to realise it, hopefully people on yours will soon.
    Just keep at it and eventually you should meet a group of people running t1s regulary that will get to know you. Ideally just make your own party.

Have run t1's many a time with cleric tank, 2 cleric heals and 2 cleric dps and its always been smoothe and easy. Maybe the problem you are seeing is that the cleric healer in the party already is a greedy a.rse and soest want to share drops with you

The issue is more clerics want and think they should be main dps and it isn't wanted. Many are not properly speced for healing, or if they get a cleric that is, there is no need for another cleric. PEopel are fustrated when full healign builds are not available and others have to go from dps to support to compensate for it, lowering higher dps roles.

(Posted from Droid 2 Global)
    Last edited by diiorio; 04-21-2011 at 07:40 AM.
    NOTICE:
    I would be glad to give you some cheese with your whine. However there is a milk shortage. All the cows felt sorry for you and cried you a river, and drowned.

Poor cows.

Telaran

Advertise what position you seek to fill, NOT THE CALLING. Seriously, if you want to be a healer advertise as a healer. If you want to tank advertise as such.

Quote Originally Posted by diiorio View Post
    The issue is more clerics want and think they should be main dps and it isn't wanted. Many are not properly speced for healing, or if they get a cleric that is, there is no need for another cleric. PEopel are fustrated when full healign builds are not available and others have to go from dps to support to compensate for it, lowering higher dps roles.
    Its crap posted like this that confuses me. The blanket statement that clerics are not good dps/tank/heals as <insert class>, is pointless. We know a great Rogue/War/Mage will out dps a great cleric. My issue comes from the fact a good rogue/war/mage will not out DPS a good cleric. Since there are few great players in pugs, the statement becomes a moot point. I'm not saying clerics shouldn't heal (which wasn't the case of the OP, this rant didn't really belong here), I run Heal, Tank, support and DPS specs just so the party can get moving that much faster.

Hell for ****s and giggles, I did exDD last night with as Inquisicar with a chloro and a justicar tank. Kinda amusing doing 500dps while pumping out 300-500hps.

To the op again, I have this to say. If you can Tank and Heal, you will only ever need to find a tank or healer. DPS is by far the easiest to come by, as such you should focus on befriending a Tank (since you only heal and DPS). Hell you could get 4 other clerics and run t1's all day. If its that bad on your shard for clerics, as you seem to think it is, you can probably find them. Of course loot will be scarce but you can at least be doing dailies and gaining plaques...

On my shard, clerics in the level 50 chat are always welcomed for Tanking, DPS or Healing. Quite a few of the 20 peeps to hit 50 first where clerics and we are good at whatever we choose to do. This might have affected the shard(deepwood) views on clerics.
    A Justicar's path is not one of ease. But, hey, we do get to hit stuff.

Rift Chaser

there's also the problem that w/o a chloro or bard, 2 healers don't sync well together (at least with the avg cookie cutter builds)...cuz most bosses, you'll probably be running 2 healers...2 clerics healers are fairly overkill and you lose out on substantial dps...bards bring their own dps, buffs and some off heals...chloro's bring good dps and better heals than a bard...

still, i've found a decent dps/OH build that works as a middle ground b/w bards and chloro's...more dps than both with more healing than a bard (sorta makes up for the lack of buffs)...

in xLH, had 4 clerics once...last boss, both healers go down and i was able to MH the last 10% or so...parsed abt 400 dps for the fight...this was with like 680 SP...

Perhaps roll another class?
    Griefers, elitists and people with toxic attitudes, there is a special place for you called... Azeroth.

Telaran

I don't know why, but things suddenly turned around. As one of the earlier replies posted, it was just bad luck.

I have done all the t1's twice in the last two days. I have guilds asking me to join them and get /tells when I"m just trying to eat lunch and go /afk. I have had so much to do in the last couple of days it's been a blast.

I even got to be dps on rotf where I topped the dps in our group.

Thank you for all the replies, and yes I ended up starting two of the groups myself. I was just nervous starting up my own groups when I didn't know the dungeons. People tend to look towards the group leader for answers : p.

Telaran

Be proactive. Instead of looking to join a group, form it yourself. /50 Looking for Tank and DPS for xInstance.

I've been in a group entirely made of clerics, lol. And it rolled pretty well. (Well enough to get assisted living in DSM, anyway!).

Admittedly, the fact that chloros can pull 500+ DPS and still keep a grouup alive, solo, makes them pretty desirable in 5 mans. Our closest "omg, I'm DEEPSING while healing" spec is senticar, and it's primarlly only used for massive raid healing. Though it can do pretty well main tank healing, I suppose.
    Carule - Cleric
    Officer - Element Zero
    Clerics CAN push 1200+ DPS single!

+ Reply to Thread