+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Level 46 - Just made a Cab spec for the first time

Default Level 46 - Just made a Cab spec for the first time

And oh my god my brain exploded. Can any good Cabs explain to me what the heck is going on with this class? I got about 8 "Sigils" and they talk a lot about Lurking Decay, which I have no idea what that even is...

Furthermore, any sort of single target rotation and AoE rotation would be great.

...or should I just go back to Inquisitor with my tail tucked between my legs?
    Rockwald
    Defiant Cleric
    Seastone

Telaran

For starters Lurking decay is created by the channeled spell decay. The sigils add special effects to two of your spells, Obliteate and Tryanny. You can have up to 3 lurking decay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJzulQ8X4bU

that video does a nice beta version rundown. Somethings have changed but the basics are the same.

just tell back if you need some other info.
    Last edited by Rormann; 04-20-2011 at 12:01 PM.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...az.E0VV0Vzbz.V

AoE:
    (4 or more) Soul Drain -> Circle of Oblivion -> Repeat
    (3) Soul Drain -> Bound Fate -> Shadow's Touch

You can mix in Engulfing Shadows too.

Single Target:
    Build a second Inquisitor spec ... this is a good place to start: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ing-Inquisitor
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-20-2011 at 12:06 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Rift Disciple

Words cannot express how much better my cleric got when I gave up on trying to use the cab tree.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by redwards View Post
    Words cannot express how much better my cleric got when I gave up on trying to use the cab tree.
    I concur. My shaman/Just does more damage, 10x more healing (even if it is just a bunch of "hots" ticking on the team), and is 5x more survivable. My Inq does 3x more single target, is about 2x more survivable, and does about the same overall aoe (granted, cab does have the occational 'omg, did you see what happened?" moments.

just too limited.

Telaran

I've not had too much experience with cab myself, but I have been running it for the past few days. A few quick things:

Lurking Decay is a stackable buff that you get when you cast Decay, a 3 second cast channeled spell. You get 1 stack of Lurking Decay for each second you channel, and it stacks a maximum of 3 times. Lurking Decay will enable many spells that require it, such as Tyranny, and each stack will also proc x amount of damage for each stack that's consumed.

Your sigils: Most of these revolve around PVP I think, but there are some that are really nice for PVE. For instance, the mana regen, heal, and to some extent the silence. I personally use the mana one almost every cd, but don't use the others too often.

Single target:

At 50, I'm running 51 cabalist / 15 inquisitor. For single target I usually just keep my dots up: vex, sanction heretic, and dark water, and spam Shadow's Touch. I've read some specs where you replace Shadow's Touch with Bolt of Depravity from Inquisitor; this is just what I do personally.

Shadow's Touch splits on up to 3 targets, and does 100% to only one target, something like 70% to each of 2 targets, and I believe it's 50% for each of 3 targets, giving you 100% damage for 1, 140% damage for 2, and 150% damage for 3.

As such, I'd call "single target" anywhere from 1-3 mobs. Pick one to keep the dots on and spam Shadow's Touch.

AOE:

AOE in Cabalist is fantastic, and pretty easy too. Get 3 stacks of Lurking Decay, hit Tyranny 3 times until the stack are gone, and repeat. For some added fun, you can pop your cooldown - Sign of Asias which will allow you to keep both your Sigil and Lurking Decay stacks for 6 seconds no matter what you cast. If you pop Sign of Asias with 3 stacks of Lurking Decay and hit Obliterate (consumes 3 stacks) and then spam Tyranny with your mana sigil up, you can just about hit full mana if you are on the verge of running out.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head (sitting at work atm). Once you learn what cabalist is all about and how it works, it's pretty simple. A very good chunk of the spells are situational. If you have more questions, just let me know. I'd also like to add that this may or may not be the best way to do it, but this is what I've done and it works very well for me in the DPS department, and AOE is just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Saboth View Post
    I concur. My shaman/Just does more damage, 10x more healing (even if it is just a bunch of "hots" ticking on the team), and is 5x more survivable. My Inq does 3x more single target, is about 2x more survivable, and does about the same overall aoe (granted, cab does have the occational 'omg, did you see what happened?" moments.

just too limited.
    Sucks you can't cut obliterate down lower than 30 seconds

I just started messing around with a ranged DPS build.

Basically, I took all the damage boosters in Inquisitor and Cabalist tree, plus a few points into Sentinel for Spell Power boost, and I spam Shadow's Touch.

Anything that would not affect Shadow's touch I basically ignored in the trees...except ofr mana management.

It's not the way Cab is supposed to work, of course. I turned it into a spam 1-1-1-1-1 class.

But...

It is pretty solid ranged DPS.

I found everything else the class was supposed to do is just "busy work"....the end result being less DPS than just pressing 1-1-1-1-1 in the same time frame.

So...I am kind of throwing the whole skillset of the class down the toilet....kind of where it belongs, IMO. I sure do like that "1" skill, though.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

+ Reply to Thread