+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cabalist Rotation?

Rift Disciple

Question Cabalist Rotation?

Hi I am a level 39 cleric and I am going to be trying out Cabalist again. I tried it at lower levels but didnt think it should be my choice for leveling. Anyways I am back and now that I have plenty of points I want to give it another go because it is appealing to me.

What sort of rotation do you use on single Target?

How about AOE rotation?

Anything special for PvP?

And if anyone has any macros for Cabalist?

If you can help with any of these questions I would be thankful, their doesnt seem to be much info on Cabalist in the forums, or anywhere for that matter. Which sucks.

Thanks for your help/time. have a good one

Telaran

Your about to hit the point in the game were a mix of this class with some inquis talents will do amazing things.

1.) For single target I use Shadows touch followed by applying all the Dots i have off CD. Remember though that shadows touch can grab some unwanted friends for this fight. If its tightly packed try to use Bolt of Depravity from inquis tree (if you have it)

2.)AoE rotation is more or less a spam fest. Build up your decay, and then depending on the total number in the pull spam obliterate and tyranny and rebuild decay as necessary. Once you hit 50, an amazing thing to do is to pop Sigil of Ruin and then vex 7 mobs. When they all are on you, pop sign of Asias. (remember to have decays ready) Then spam Tyranny for as long as you can and enjoy 7 seconds of pure devastation.

3.) As for pvp stay in the back and hide. Your survivability is so bad. If a warrior or rouge sees you and can keep you slowed down then your a goner =/

4.) As for macros i dont have any so im interested to see what others post =P

I've posted my thoughts on Cabalist macros a couple of times already, but these forums make it easy to lose posts. I will post them again:

Cabalist is a tough soul to macro for since most of its abilities are situational and the ones that can be used regularly have no cooldown making them only fit at the end of a macro.

That said there is a great one for massive AoE spike damage:

#show Sign of Asias
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sigil of Ruin
    cast Maelstrom
    cast Sign of Asias
    cast Obliterate
    cast Tyranny

You will have to get your lurking decays up before using this macro. When executed you will do massive AoE DPS with Obliterate and 3 Tyrannies. Its usable every 2 mins.

Any other macros would need modifier keys in them to be affective.

#show Obliterate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [ctrl] Obliterate
    cast [ctrl] Tyranny
    cast Decay

That will give you one key to build lurking decay with and then pressing CtrlL will cast Obliterate if its up otherwise it does Tyranny. You could remove the Ctrl modifier but you would risk blowing Obliterate with less than 3 Lurking Decays if your Decay happened to get interrupted.

You could also add Sigils to it with alt and shift, just put the cooldown ones 1st in order of importance per modifier key.

#show Obliterate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [shift] Sigil of Ruin
    cast [shift] Sigil of Binding
    cast [alt] Sigil of Power
    cast [ctrl] Obliterate
    cast [ctrl] Tyranny
    cast Decay

Shift will stun if Ruin is up or slow otherwise alt can be used for mana.

Again I need to emphasize that Cabalist is very situational and macros like this can make it more difficult to react with sigils relevant to whats happening at the time.

As for normal damage rotations your could do something like this when mixed with Inquisitor.

Single Target

#show Bolt of Depravity
    cast [ctrl] Vex
    cast [shift] Obliterate
    cast [shift] Decay
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Curse of solitude
    cast Distorted Shadows
    cast Bolt of Depravity

Use Shift to build decays and obliterate when its up. Ctrl to keep Vex up and just press for other Dots and Bolt of Depravity spam. Alt can be used when you need power. You might want to remove Distorted Shadows if you are soloing, it is useless if you are getting hit do to push back.

AoE
    #show Shadow's Touch
    cast [ctrl] @mouseover Vex
    cast [ctrl] Vex
    cast [shift] Obliterate
    cast [shift] Tyranny
    cast [shift] Decay
    cast Curse of Solitude
    cast Soul Drain
    cast Shadow's Touch

Would use Ctrl for Vex and the added @mouseover allows you to pull with vex without changing targets. Shift again is for Lurking decays and Obliterate/Tyranny. The normal press with be for basic AoE.

So yeah, Cabalist is a lot more complicated to macro than the melee souls. It will take some practice to play but its doable. These are just example macros feel free to adjust for whatever your backup souls are or if you want to change the rotation.

I hope that helps get you started.

+ Reply to Thread