+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SO healer it is

Default SO healer it is

Since getting a group as cleric tank is extremely hard and as healer so easy i decided to get a healing spec and go with it till im well geared as tank.So u could use some help form our healers here with some new build ideas or what they use go help me get started.I think im gonna go with single target healing since there is always a bard/chloro to help with aoe trash.Any suggestions welcome

Rift Disciple

Cookie Cutter 34 Purifier / 32 Sentinel

This is the build I am currently using, you may want to modify to taste. The utility provided by this build is the best I've yet to see for expert healing. You can also shift points around to grab Latent Blaze, or switch to using HI instead of RF, without sacrificing any utility. It's the current healer FOTM and for good reason.

The only other build that seems to be gaining popularity is 51 Warden, but I'm not a big fan of the HOT playstyle with the current way buff bars work.

Soulwalker

I agree with Akirhol, start with the cookie cutter spec until you get a feel for healing instances and raids and then move points around as needed if you find you are using some spells less than others.

If you aren't quite 50 yet, I'd suggest maxing out the Purifier tree first, I've found Surging Flames to be more helpful in dungeons than Healer's Haste in my groups.

Soulwalker

I have been playing as a tank for most of my 47 levels. I started playing dps about 5 levels ago and now no one will accept me in an instance because I am not a healer. I made a healer role and jumped in my first instance and guess what....I didn't know how to play it right. Since I built it with only healing in mind the role has almost no offense so I can't really solo with it. What I am going to try to do is some lower level instances to learn how to heal.

and whats the rotation on this build?i have like 11 different heals

Soulwalker

There is no rotation, thats why he was telling you to feel it out. Your best bet is to do some group rifts or pvp that will somewhat prepare you. For the most part if your sent/purifier you will be spamming big heals with a shield thrown in here and there and a hot. It takes some skill and knowing your current class(s) to be able to heal experts, also some decent gear. The part that takes time is learning to use all of your CD's effectively, and once you know the instances you will pretty much know when your going to need certain ability's or how your going to heal the tank depending on his gear and the TYPE of tank that it is.

Everyone frowns or laugh at me, but that is why I level with a healer spec and not a solo/DPS build. It takes forever, but to be a good healer, you really have to know your build and your spells. There is no "use this pre-made macro and job done" thing here, or pre-made rotation to use.
    Just play and try and fail and try again. It's the only way to become a great healer, really, and not just an ok one.
    Ambassador of the Ascendant Vigilance Guardian faction, Shadefallen Shard

"The world is not yet exhausted: let me see something to-morrow which I never saw before."
    - The History of Rasselas, Prince of Abissinia, chapter 47 (by Samuel Johnson)

im not looking into becoming great healer.just doing 5-10 T2 runs get my tanking stuff and get be Justicar back to track.I think this build will be just fine.

Rift Disciple

Here's the rotation for my linked build, hopefully it's not too difficult to follow:

Restorative Flame
    Restorative Flame
    Restorative Flame
    Restorative Flame
    Restorative Flame
    Restorative Flame
    Restorative Flame
    Restorative Flame

Sprinkle in cooldowns as necessary.

+ Reply to Thread