+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What to spend Otherworld Sourcestone on?

Soulwalker

Question What to spend Otherworld Sourcestone on?

Well now that the event is all wrapped up, I'm looking to dump my sourcestone into gear for when I hit 50. I'm currently level 29 and know anything I buy will just be replaced easily enough, so I figured may as well get some starter 50 gear going.

I bought the trinket for 400 already, and now I'm wondering which other piece to get.

I've got 350 left, and am up in the air between the ring and the essence.
    Which one will last longer at 50? What comparable gear choices or easy upgrades are there that should make me avoid one over the other?

Champion of Telara

essence, rings are easy to get (fae from RD t2, or the one from ...air raid rift I think? Either that or life one, i forget.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

I found the essences and trinket to be subpar, actually. The trinket is just stats, and there are better faction rewards out there to be had. And the essences are good, but I actually think they're roughly comparable to what you can buy at level 50 with planarite rewards. (I use ones you get in Shimmersand.) The ring seemed like the best of the bunch, although I actually have a crafted Artificer ring I prefer, and a quest drop I use on the other finger.

That's just another perspective. None of the buys are truly awful. If I were you I might suggest you consider buying the level 30 version of the ring and trinket. Trinkets seem *extremely* uncommon throughout the leveling arc; I think I was using my Freemarch Warden trinket almost up until level 30, and rings likewise aren't super common. You may find that the level 30 ring/trinket end up serving you well for many levels, whereas the plethora of gear you can get at 50 means that you'll replace *those* items pretty quickly.
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

Soulwalker

I've actually already bought the level 50 trinket, so I'm not really planning on buying another one, I've had multiple people tell me they've used the Freemarch Wardens Badge till 50, so I'm not too worried about sticking with that either.

I'm mainly just looking for good starter gear from the moment I hit 50 until I start doing T1s and such. Obviously if there's something that will outlast that gear I'd prefer it, but I'd rather have something for 50 than something I'll be replacing before then.

Any more opinions from anyone? I don't know how long that vendor will be around and appreciate any input.

Trinket is great for a fresh 50. Got to remember that not everyone wants to grind faction rep for no reason or wait until T2 to get a replacement. I use it despite having a couple others because I favor hard stats of random procs (got enough of that going on when in INQ mode).

The rings are not worthwhile because you can get rings just as good from Mathos rep (low rep req). If you're questing/grinding in Stillmoor from say 48 odds are you'll have rep required to get them anyway. No real grind needed. This is what I did. Easy rep and 2P later, you're done.

The essences aren't great because you will have the same or better stats just by doing rifts/invasions on your way up. At level 42 just make an effort to rift a little and you'll be fine.

I bought the hound pet because 1) I needed a pet for achievement and 2) working on pet collecting.

That's pretty much it.
    Rift

The weapon rune and the disguise. I bought 35 runes.

If you are still wearing greens, then the gear ones are good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

Rift Disciple

I'll chime in the same as others... as mentioned already, the gear is easily replaced in T1/T2s. The guise, on the other hand, is a bit of fun and remains on even after switching your trinket back to your normal equipment.

I bought the Guise, purple glowy, and the 3 pets - skipped all the gear as I either had better or knew it'd be replaced eventually - the appearance & pets though, they might be gone forever
    Main Character: Chranos - Cleric, Shatterbone

Rift Chaser

Ya, I'm having a hard time deciding how to spend 302 at level 25 - it's not enough to buy the 50 trinket.

Pet that won't be available, leveling gear, the 50 essence (they say the ring you can get others...)

Telaran

can we get a link to an essence that is on par with the event essence? I'm pretty sure the essence is a darn good investment.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Mindara View Post
    can we get a link to an essence that is on par with the event essence? I'm pretty sure the essence is a darn good investment.
    Yea essence is good. I bought 2. But they are unique equiped so use them in different sets.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wasqa View Post
    Yea essence is good. I bought 2. But they are unique equiped so use them in different sets.
    Wow, I didn't notice the unique equip...thanks, I was thinking about getting a bunch of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindara View Post
    Don't have a link since it's on my char, but all of my essences are as good or better and none of them are some ultra-limited drop from a hard place to get. All of them dropped as I was doing rifts and invasions through my 40s.

Odds are you'd have essences that were on par unless you didn't really do many rifts/invasions during your 40s.

Either way, can't hurt to buy one since it's cheap and you're not missing out on much of anything anyway.
    Rift

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    I bought the Guise, purple glowy, and the 3 pets - skipped all the gear as I either had better or knew it'd be replaced eventually - the appearance & pets though, they might be gone forever

I used the same logic when spending my stones, pets and disguise will be the only things around for the long haul.

Quote Originally Posted by Enviro View Post
    Don't have a link since it's on my char, but all of my essences are as good or better and none of them are some ultra-limited drop from a hard place to get. All of them dropped as I was doing rifts and invasions through my 40s.

Odds are you'd have essences that were on par unless you didn't really do many rifts/invasions during your 40s.

Either way, can't hurt to buy one since it's cheap and you're not missing out on much of anything anyway.
    I don't get why people are saying this. Perhaps they need to have another look at the stats. iirc level 48 req blue essences with 2 stats and spellpower have 10, 10, 6 bonuses (int/wis/spellpower), and the Shimmersand Rare Planar Goods one is 8/10/5 int/wis/SP. Level 50 req blues have 12/10/6, for example.

The level 50 req event essence has 7/10/11. That's more spellpower than you're going to get out of an essence without spending inscribed sourcestones (the Expert rift Crystal Sourcestone spellpower essences can give 9/12/6, for example)

The event essence will last until you're doing so many raid rifts that you can buy sets of epic essences with inscribed sourcestones.
    Sparkwing:
    Phasechange
    Goatdude
    Stage
    Battlespork

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast